Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Open Game Panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Open Game Panel?

FreekFreek Member
edited September 2012 in General

Since I have so many VPSes sitting there being idle, I had the idea of giving away free voice servers. Because some people prefer TS2, others Mumble or Ventrilo, I looked into the options of setting up a control panel for easy management and creation of these game servers. Open Game Panel does these things for free. After setup, one can easily (they claim) add a game server, including voice servers, with a few clicks. The installers will be transferred via rsync to your server.
So far I have been able to sucessfully install Open Game Panel (pad on the shoulder for my self, as a linux noob), but the rsync isn't really working yet. No matter which mirror I take, nothing happens..
'Starting sync with rsync.opengamepanel.org/ogp_game_installer/ts2/linux/ ' is all I get.
I tried different gameservers such as Teamspeak 3, but the problem is the same.

I was wondering if you guys have used OGP in the past? More info:
http://opengamepanel.org/viewpage.php?page_id=13

Install instructions:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/hldstart/wiki#AgentInstallation

Also, if you know any alternatives to Open Game Panel, please let me know :) I am looking into voice servers, but Call of Duty 2 or 4 (which might be pushing it on a LEB) are of my interest as well. Counter Strike GO also ;)

Comments

• Wolf95Wolf95 Member
    edited September 2012

I like GamePanelX (Awesome Alternative, never got OGP working the way I'd like), I was gonna use it on my GSP subsidary, but then I found out about V3, and I decided to wait :3

• Been running it for 2 months now. That error with rsync is showing that your OGP agent doesn't own (chown) the user_files folder that rsync is trying to download to. Have you got the latest SVN edition? You might see my rsync mirror on there :p Any issues message me :)

• FreekFreek Member
    edited September 2012

Thanks for the replies!

@Wolf95 I'll look into GamePanelX tommorrow :)

@jkr1711 Ah that can explain. I'll look into it tommorrow.
    I have the latest nightly version. I just followed the tutorial, so I am not sure if that's the latest svn version.

• I have a friend developing the most beautiful game CP out there yet.

It's not near release yet, but it's going to be amazing.

• FreekFreek Member
    edited September 2012

@Wolf95 I managed to install GamePanelX altough their documentation is very limited. I have my Master and Remote server setup, however I cannot install any VOIP servers. It does not feauture an rsync/autoinstall feauture like OpenGamePanel does, only for Steam games, is that correct?

@jkr1711 I managed to get rsync running :) It installed TS2, TS3 and Vent for me. But they do not start.
    TS2 says:
    Error starting daemon. Aborted
    (Thats all..)

TS3 says:
    012-09-12 16:39:06.383005|INFO |ServerLibPriv | | TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.3 (2012-03-17 06:12:11) 2012-09-12 16:39:06.408343|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin name: SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH 2012-09-12 16:39:06.409370|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin version: 3.7.3 2012-09-12 16:39:06.419474|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | checking database integrity (may take a while) 2012-09-12 16:39:06.517212|ERROR |Accounting | | failed to register local accounting service 2012-09-12 16:39:06.517315|ERROR |ServerLibPriv | | Server() error while starting servermanager, error: instance check error 2012-09-12 16:40:08.340989|ERROR |Accounting | | failed to register local accounting service 2012-09-12 16:40:08.341079|ERROR |ServerLibPriv | | Server() error while starting servermanager, error: instance check error

I just installed them via rsync, so in theory they should just work out of the box right?

@lelo0108 any ETA?

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012
  • Wolf95Wolf95 Member
    edited September 2012

@Freek said: autoinstall feauture like OpenGamePanel does, only for Steam games, is that correct?

Correct, You just have to extract a folder and browse to that folder when you're adding a template. (I know mumble works this way)

• @Wolf95 said: Correct, You just have to extract a folder and browse to that folder when you're adding a template. (I know mumble works this way)

Oh okay. I must say that's an neat feature of Open Game Panel. I'll see if I can solve the errors TeamSpeak is giving me, because apart from that, it works pretty neat once you got it up and running :)