Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM upgrades DDOS protection to over 100gbit+ with Voxility for FREE!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM upgrades DDOS protection to over 100gbit+ with Voxility for FREE!

FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hi everyone!

We've got some great news for folks making use of our DDoS-Protected IPs. In light of the increasing complexity and size of average DDoS attacks, we've decided to respond by bringing in Voxility to handle these increasing challenges.

Why Voxility?

In addition to the significant increase in base protection, Voxility will give us significant more control over how floods are handled, and what types of traffic are blocked or permitted through depending on the client's specific needs. This allows for much stronger protection for individual types of hosting, rather than having to rely on a 'blanket coverage' that doesn't always keep the floods at bay.

How much will it cover?

Always a tricky question since not all attacks are the same - but the short answer is, the new filtering covers significantly more. For your volumetric/UDP type floods, we'll be able to provide 'general' protection for attacks over 100Gbit (a significant increase from the previous 20Gbit protection we offered); with a good chance of blocking even stronger attacks with filtering customized to the particular service being hosted. And for the trickier, SYN type attacks, a massive increase from our current limits (~8-10 million packets per second) to an astounding 500 million packets per second.

What about HTTP attacks?

Voxility, along side our own onsite filtering, deals with practically any HTTP type attacks, enabling your website to remain online and operational even during the nastiest of attacks. This isn't enabled by default, though, so please ticket if you need this and we'll work with you to enable it.

What about Anycast IP addresses?

Anycast IP addresses can also benefit from the same filtering. Anycast IP addresses are still $5/month per IP you want to protect them. Please ticket and we can arrange this for you.

Will it cost any more?

Not at all! You may have heard that we were considering introducing Voxility alongside the existing filtering at the cost of 6$ - we've decided against this, and are simply replacing the existing filtering with Voxility, and keeping all pricing the same as it is now.

When will this take place?

It already has! Earlier today we put Voxility in effect for all three locations, transparently moving existing filtered IPs from the old mitigation to Voxility. This caused a few minutes of turbulence as the filtering switched over, but ultimately means that everyone was able to keep their current IPs without having to renumber or go through any other hassles. And from here forward, all of our protected IPs are 100% Voxility covered, giving you peace of mind for the stability and protection of your hosted service.

Thanks everyone :)

Francisco

Comments

• Great!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Awesome! I think this will work out a lot better, and be more fun for you ;)

• Ordered. Better take advantage of this :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jonchun said:
    Ordered. Better take advantage of this :)

It's VPS only remember ;) Shared doesn't carry any filtering for obvious reasons.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Yeap. Grabbed a KVM. Waiting for provisioning :)

• Congrats guys. I want it but I don't feel like I need it. Need to go piss off some skids on IRC or something..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@mikeyur said:
    Congrats guys. I want it but I don't feel like I need it. Need to go piss off some skids on IRC or something..

Don't worry, just post a link here. I'm sure it'll work itself out! ;)

• J1021J1021 Member

mikeyur said: Need to go piss off some skids on IRC or something..

irc.efnet.org / #troll - Guaranteed DDoS.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Jar said: Don't worry, just post a link here. I'm sure it'll work itself out! ;)

Or post an offer for a UK VPS service.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited March 2015

nice to see more feature coming in! btw, is buyshared link from your sig down?

Yes, we still haven't put the site up so it's 403'ing :P

Francisco

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited March 2015

I thought i saw a site months ago(it was pretty slick also).... I must be seeing things.

• Awesome!

Thanked by 1Francisco

@belinik said:
    I thought i saw a site months ago(it was pretty slick also).... I must be seeing things.

http://varcoedesign.com/preview/buyshared/
    http://varcoedesign.com/preview/buyvm/

Francisco

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
    edited March 2015

Our primary nameserver is 192.294.98.60/ns1.buyshared.com and our secondary nameserver is 192.294.98.61/ns2.buyshared.com.

IPv5?

• yhuzayhuza Member

protected all methode attack L7 & L4 vox ?

vox always have issue with tcp attack :) and ipv6 attack methode

vox very weak if attack with tcp methode ( TCP SYN ACK) or TCP SE & SEW Etc

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Does having this available for anycast mean you got filtering in Europe too? Out of Frankfurt, or somewhere else?

It's a steal at this price, by the way.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Nyr said:
    Does having this available for anycast mean you got filtering in Europe too? Out of Frankfurt, or somewhere else?

I did a traceroute on my protected LU IP and it definitely seems to be going to Frankfurt, so I'd say probably yes.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • Good luck, voxility is nice.

• +1 BuyVM

• FoulFoul Member

@Francisco

Mind putting out some 256mb servers in stock? <3

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited March 2015

yhuza said: protected all methode attack L7 & L4 vox ?

vox always have issue with tcp attack :) and ipv6 attack methode

vox very weak if attack with tcp methode ( TCP SYN ACK) or TCP SE & SEW Etc

And you're complaining why? It's for all locations, better than most things.

@Nyr said:

Correct :) We backhaul from Germany to LU.

It seems LV isn't announcing properly for anycast so right now just NJ & LU are working, but I'll be looking into that once I'm fully awake.

Francisco

@HyperSpeed said:
    And you're complaining why? It's Free???

It's $3/month.

We've had voxility in use for a few months now and have rarely seen floods leak. We've already been smacked a fair bit in the past 24 hours.

Francisco

• Francisco said: It's $3/month.

We've had voxility in use for a few months now and have rarely seen floods leak. We've already been smacked a fair bit in the past 24 hours.

Francisco

Indeed sorry, I corrected myself haha it's still cheap as chips. I've used Voxility in the past directly and can't say I've ever had a problem, if anything it worked great stopping DDoS' (before OVH came along with Arbor).

Might actually purchase one hmm.

edited March 2015

@Foul said:
    Francisco

Mind putting out some 256mb servers in stock? <3

NJ's out of stock until the SSD upgrade is done. The hardware shipped Friday afternoon so it should be there mid week. Sorry! I know this screws up people wanting to finalize/get their anycast clusters together.

With that being said, we sent a batch of new 128MB nodes over there. The 128MB nodes in NJ are also getting the same facelift the LV nodes got - 8 x 2TB RAID10's, 512MB RAID caches, & proper SSD caching. The 128MB nodes were originally 4 x 2TB's, 128MB cache (Adaptec 2405/6405E), & caches were random at best or really small (64GB).

We'll be rolling out our 128MB's on a monthly option as well, meaning users can get an anycast 3-way going on for $6/month. Filtering & HA will cost more, but for those mostly wanting something smaller before they go HAM will like it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • @Francisco

You have a estimated date for this: "We're also putting out a $30/month 2GB w/ cPanel (probably 5 IP's as well) and a $24/month 1GB (w/ probably 3 IP's)."

Ref: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9365997&postcount=14

• irmirm Member

@Francisco

Is the Voxility filtering done in LV or in LA?

• J1021J1021 Member

irm said: Is the Voxility filtering done in LV or in LA?

Looks like LA.

3.|-- te0-7-0-8.ccr21.man01.atl  0.0%    10    0.9   0.9   0.8   1.0   0.1
      4.|-- be2190.ccr21.lpl01.atlas.  0.0%    10    2.2   2.3   2.1   2.9   0.2
      5.|-- be2182.ccr41.ams03.atlas.  0.0%    10   12.4  12.5  12.2  13.7   0.4
      6.|-- be2261.ccr41.fra03.atlas.  0.0%    10   18.9  19.1  18.8  19.3   0.2
      7.|-- be2304.rcr21.fra06.atlas.  0.0%    10   19.5  19.5  19.1  20.4   0.4
      8.|-- ???                       100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
      9.|-- fra-anc-01c.voxility.net   0.0%    10   21.2  24.9  21.1  57.9  11.6
     10.|-- lax-eqx-01c.voxility.net   0.0%    10  166.8 168.1 166.8 176.4   3.0
     11.|-- vox-gw.bdr1.lax1.as62956. 50.0%    10  207.8 206.4 196.3 210.6   5.8
     12.|-- 192.168.75.2              90.0%    10  9214. 9214. 9214. 9214.   0.0
     13.|-- ???                       100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
     14.|-- 209.141.39.1              90.0%    10  9251. 9251. 9251. 9251.   0.0

• @Francisco sent you a PM.