Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

FREE Domain Transfer/Renewal!

FREE Domain Transfer/Renewal!

klikliklikli Member
edited September 2012 in Domains

Yes you've read it right - the catch? It has to be coming from GoDaddy! http://www.name.com/blog/general/2012/09/update-godaddy-is-down-were-giving-away-500-free-transfers/

Selling multiple 2000-user GApps :) Shoot me a message to make an offer.

Thanked by 2Taz Spirit

Comments

• in 1.5 hours, people gets your alarm clock ready :)

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself! 96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some), PM for details.

• Awesome, I only have retarded domains with GoDaddy which I never use.

• @AsadHaider said: Awesome, I only have retarded domains with GoDaddy which I never use.

One per GD account although I'm not sure how'd they tell..

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited September 2012

https://www.name.com/account/transfer/fast-transfer

Go there for the GoDaddy transfer, you have to login to your account through them and choose the domain.

• I don't want to risk being suspended/terminated by GoDaddy..

edited September 2012

@klikli They can't suspend you for transferring a domain away, they wouldn't risk doing that to customers.

@peppr I think so.. is it now or an hour from now?

• MST is already 10am,l but their twitter says 1hr more.. the free deal is on their homepage though

• @peppr said: MST is already 10am,l but their twitter says 1hr more.. the free deal is on their homepage though

doesn't work yet. still shows 8.25

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself! 96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some), PM for details.

edited September 2012

@peppr @zhuanyi Yeah saw that too, worked out the time in GMT and it is 5PM which is now.. but British Summer Time is in effect so I think it is an hour.

Timezones are confusing, I even have a big map of timezones on the wall in front of me but I still can't figure it out :P

• Meh, I'd transfer over but am too lazy. I've only got one domain with GoDaddy now anyhow. The rest are in much better places such as: NameCheap and Internet.BS

I swear I purchased one through a Network Solutions Reddit ad I saw before, but hell if I can find it. I can't remember what the domain was :(

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
  • @AsadHaider said: @klikli They can't suspend you for transferring a domain away, they wouldn't risk doing that to customers.

The problem is the tool, not the transfer.

• Following their link still 47 minutes to go..

• It's good to go NOW. Fight!

• @klikli said: It's good to go NOW. Fight!

no good for me...damn

• STOP THESE LIES :(

• It's on and I've already transferred (or initialized the transfer) :P Might be all slots have been filed up.

• @klikli Does the domain table and your checkout page show the $8.25 price?

• klikliklikli Member
    edited September 2012

@AsadHaider said: @klikli Does the domain table and your checkout page show the $8.25 price?

No. In fact when I post "It's good to go NOW. Fight!" I've already completed the ordering :P And now I have already approved the transfer......

• @klikli Weird.. how exactly did you transfer it?

Using the domain and auth code?

or did you use the automatic transfer tool thing?

• klikliklikli Member
    edited September 2012

I am not sure why but anyway I made a screenshot of the checkout page :-P Note the savings and in fact, the total amount shown in the bottom of page (not shown in the picture) clearly indicates that it is $0.00

• @AsadHaider said: Using the domain and auth code?

Yes.. http://name.com/domain-transfer in case you realized.

• @klikli Ah, dammit. Got it to work!!

Clicked checkout and broke the site :(

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: PDOStatement::execute() [pdostatement.execute]: SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: parameter was not defined

Filename: legacy/pricing_helper.php

Line Number: 829

• OK, finally worked for me

• Finally, it worked. That was incredibly retarded.

• Still good for me as of ~ 10 mins ago.

• Didn't work now, $7.99 for transfer. :(

I trust Namesilo for my domains. Use DOLLARLESS for $1 discount.
  • SpiritSpirit Administrator

@peppr said: anyone tried more than 1?

Name.com sub account + different IP. It works.

• @Andri Keep trying maybe? Sometimes the god damn thing didn't work for me, refresh!

edited September 2012

@liam

For some domain sellers is easier to push domains to account from same registrar than buyer transfer them to other registrar (especially if there's still 60 days icann no transfer period) + domain push between accounts cost me nothing while transfer to new registrar would cost me immediately domain renewal. Beside that there's no other option also when you won desired domain at godaddy auction like I did with last one from those 3 I moved to name.com today. Atm. is my godaddy account empty but I am sure that it will be still useful in the future :)

edited September 2012

For free whois privacy with name.com use "privacyplease" promo code. Name.com free whois privacy code is long term promotional code where each usage give +1 year and you can use it as many times you want (1+1+1+1...)

• FieldMooseFieldMoose Member
    edited September 2012

@Spirit said: For free whois privacy with name.com use "privacyplease" promo code.

Cheers for the tip mate, managed to appy after purchase of domain ^_^l