Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent application/server deployment tool like docker?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Decent application/server deployment tool like docker?

kazukenkazuken Member

Does anyone know of a tool (like a 1 click installer) that quickly configures and runs any app (that has previously been configured)? Similar to Docker, you can pull a repo with the app you want and run it quickly. I cannot use Docker in my OpenVZ container.

Would LXC inside VZ work? Ideally i would deploy the VZdump but since most VPS are VZ i need something that can deploy inside VZ. If you have ever heard of thinapp on windows, it would let you install a program and it would take the difference of the FS and registry and create a portable/deployable application very simply.

Comments

• why not composer?

• thats just for managing php dependencies? I'm looking for something that once I get a stable configuration, i can easily deploy to as many VZ servers as I want to (very like the same way that if I configure a VZ how I want to, i can easily clone the container and run multiple, but in this case i can't run VZ inside VZ)

• Oh I see what you mean now. I don't think such a tool exists. Would definitely be cool though.

• tommytommy Member

something like envoyer.io or laravel Forge?

• Suggest a different approach: set up an Ansible staging VPS and use it to build one or multiple VM's from scratch, no matter OpenVZ, KVM or Xen.