Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stripe - if you use it with WHMCS advice please :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stripe - if you use it with WHMCS advice please :)

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi Folks,

Just getting stripe set up as a payment gateway as skrill/moneybookers gets worse by the day and WHMCS refuse to update the module.

I don't know why I just assumed strip had a module in WHMCS given some of the obscure ones they do have it seems a bit silly but ho hum, I have found a few 3rd party modules but wondered if anyone could recommend one from experience?

Cheers.

Ant.

Comments

• Use WSTRIPE without am issue.

Is quite feature full aswell, not had any issues with invoices being marked as paid.

However others I've had some issues with them not marking the invoice as paid, even though payment is showing in Stripe Fine.

Also has built in test API settings.

• Look up ServerPing Stripe, I think thats what it was called. Free & open source, works just fine for CC processing. It doesn't support the new BTC/AliPay stuff though.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Hi Folks,

Just getting stripe set up as a payment gateway as skrill/moneybookers gets worse by the day and WHMCS refuse to update the module.

I don't know why I just assumed strip had a module in WHMCS given some of the obscure ones they do have it seems a bit silly but ho hum, I have found a few 3rd party modules but wondered if anyone could recommend one from experience?

Cheers.

Ant.

The bad is 7 days turn around time in your bank..

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The free one looks like it has issues.

I have looked at https://mostripe.com/whmcs/ and http://www.wstripe.ca/ will take a look at: the serverping one too.

@MSPNick 7 days? never took more than 24 hours for me, its the fact that lots of customers just get errors and the support takes a week to get back to you and the statements are off by as much as 30% each month on occasion so you cant even reply on them for accounting.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • n1kkon1kko Member

@AnthonySmith I use Stripe on my Whmcs but had issues with serverpings. I now use this which works great http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/2875/StripeCX---Checkout.html

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

@n1kko said:
    AnthonySmith I use Stripe on my Whmcs but had issues with serverpings. I now use this which works great http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/2875/StripeCX---Checkout.html

Thanks, does it add fee's etc to WHMCS per transaction? not much info about it on the site.

• n1kkon1kko Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Thanks, does it add fee's etc to WHMCS per transaction? not much info about it on the site.

Which fee's are you referring too?

transaction fee's

• @AnthonySmith said:
    The free one looks like it has issues.

I have looked at https://mostripe.com/whmcs/ and http://www.wstripe.ca/ will take a look at: the serverping one too.

MSPNick 7 days? never took more than 24 hours for me, its the fact that lots of customers just get errors and the support takes a week to get back to you and the statements are off by as much as 30% each month on occasion so you cant even reply on them for accounting.

The fees are OK but it's 7 days from transaction to bank with Stripe.

MSPNick said: The fees are OK but it's 7 days from transaction to bank with Stripe.

Ah ok, I really don't have any issue with that.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Ah ok, I really don't have any issue with that.

oh, no i was just saying though the fees are a lot better then PayPal..

• We use my MoStripe, implementation works like charm. The fees the Stripe apply are similar to Paypal indeed. But if you want to accept direct CC/DC payments this is a nice payment gateway to use. :)

• @MSPNick said:

If you're working in USD, fees are exactly the same.

2.9% + 30¢

@Serveo said:
    We use my MoStripe, implementation works like charm. The fees the Stripe apply are similar to Paypal indeed. But if you want to accept direct CC/DC payments this is a nice payment gateway to use. :)

Leaning towards that tbh.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I use the serverping and goos so far. No issue

• @Jonchun said:

AFAIK PayPal is 3.5% + 20pence?

• @MSPNick said:
    AFAIK PayPal is 3.5% + 20pence?

Again, if you use USD:
    There's no fee to use PayPal to purchase goods or services. However, if you receive money for goods or services (such as from selling an item on eBay), the fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive. International payments:

Thanked by 1Serveo
  • MSPNick said: The bad is 7 days turn around time in your bank..

It depends on volume, I know that we have moved all our Beanstream processing to Stripe since Stripe moved us to same day settlement.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

We used the free one by ServerPing for many months but then we switched to the MoStripe module because I was tired of updating the template with every other WHMCS update.

Thanked by 1Serveo

mostripe it is then

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Does MoStripe support bitcoin?

• +1 on that one. Looking to move from bitpay due to the high payouts for my local currency...

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I'll develop a module for WHMCS for stripe and will release :)

@BharatB said:
    I'll develop a module for WHMCS for stripe and will release :)

Why?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Would look good on my github profile :)

• I'm looking to hire a developer to modify the ServerPing WHMCS Stripe module and add support for Bitcoin and Alipay --- if you can do this, please contact me immediately

@BharatB said:

not as good as something new that 6 others have not already done.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@ItsChrisG said:
    I'm looking to hire a developer to modify the ServerPing WHMCS Stripe module and add support for Bitcoin and Alipay --- if you can do this, please contact me immediately

Pay $15 and get the MoStripe module, it supports AliPay.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited March 2015

@KuJoe said:

Does it have Bitcoin too?

Oh, and does MoStripe use Stripe.js to properly pass thru CC info without storing any locally? (this is the reason why I want to use ServerPing's)

• @KuJoe said:
    @ItsChrisG said:
    Oh, and does MoStripe use Stripe.js to properly pass thru CC info without storing any locally? (this is the reason why I want to use ServerPing's)

Looks like they have a version that does, however I dont see bitcoin support yet.

Regardless - I had never heard of or seen MoStripe with my searches -- THANKS for the referral!

I've emailed them with a list of requirements to see if they will cu$tomize one for me.