Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

GODADDY

GODADDY

tinyraytinyray Member
edited September 2012 in General

does this internet hero die?

Tagged:

Comments

• Errr

• TazTaz Disabled

Most likely a network outage.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

I usually post a dead elephant on these threads.

Instead, I will just make you picture it.

There is a dead cute elephant on the ground with loads of insides dripping out, implying this is what happens if you use GoDaddy

The Original Daniel.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @tinyray: not sure about them but your site is having some issue now for sure:

gmail.com • Network Connections

Location Status Min (ms) Avg. (ms) Max (ms)

1 Auckland, New Zealand Unavailable
    2 Singapore, Singapore Success 186.8 189.8 191.8 3 Florida, U.S.A. Unavailable
    4 Hong Kong, China Success 20.1 30.4 36.1 5 Sydney, Australia Packets lost (100%)
    6 New York, U.S.A. Success 16.1 16.2 16.2 7 Santa Clara, U.S.A. Unavailable
    8 London, United Kingdom Packets lost (10%) 2.1 6.1 21.5 9 Austin, U.S.A. Success 69.6 73.5 75.3 10 Shanghai, China Unavailable
    11 Copenhagen, Denmark Success 145.6 147.8 150.1 12 Jakarta, Indonesia Unavailable
    13 Cape Town, South Africa Unavailable
    14 Cairo, Egypt Unavailable
    15 Amsterdam1, Netherlands Unavailable
    16 Toronto, Canada Unavailable
    17 Frankfurt, Germany Success 7.5 8.3 13.2 18 Sao Paulo, Brazil Unavailable
    19 Bangalore, India Packets lost (100%)
    20 Tokyo, Japan Unavailable

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself! 96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some), PM for details.

Thanked by 1tinyray
  • Oh yea, I saw that too your site was down for a few minutes.

Thanked by 1tinyray
  • I don't see an outage...

• They're migrating to Burst.net.

Thanked by 2Patrick lbft
  • Unbelievable, not sure who will own my domain names once they are back online.

:)

• I didn't realize anyone actually used godaddy :S - Thought their fame was all just a myth - Cheaper and better providers all day long here on LET.

BigScoots.com -- a 100% positively reviewed premium grade Shared, VPS, Hybrid and Dedicated hosting company that specializes in industry leading support and management. Check us out today and experience the difference!

• Damn, you got our hopes up. I really wish it did die..

• Supposedly anonymous has taken down GoDaddy https://twitter.com/AnonOpsLegion/status/245218636187443200

(Source: Reddit & Twitter)

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
  • @MannDude said: Supposedly anonymous has taken down GoDaddy https://twitter.com/AnonOpsLegion/status/245218636187443200

(Source: Reddit & Twitter)

I call bullshit. The guy that claims to have done it, is a known bragger.

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

• @MannDude Haha awesome

Their websites down for me.

• @joepie91 said: I call bullshit. The guy that claims to have done it, is a known bragger.

I'd rather it be a failure on GoDaddy's part and not anonymous / hacker related. If it was really hacked, that just makes it harder to argue against additional internet surveillance, which already sucks. People doing this shit is sort of digging the grave for everyone else on the internet.

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

Thanked by 1lbft
  • Haha, this should be a good opportunity to test your software. I have got a lot of bug messages because such a case was not foreseen.

• @DanielM said: http://rt.com/usa/news/godaddycom-reportedly-hacked-anonymous-826/

RT.com, not a trustworthy news source. Mostly propaganda.

The Original Daniel.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @MrLabradoodle said: RT.com, not a trustworthy news source. Mostly propaganda.

ur annoying me today :@

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@DanielM said: ur annoying me today :@

Come on, do you actually believe RT doesn't have any bias at all. I can easily see a lot of bias with them and similarly with many other news channels.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• @Infinity said: Come on, do you actually believe RT doesn't have any bias at all. I can easily see a lot of bias with them and similarly with many other news channels.

No, according to DanielM the BBC is completely 100% propaganda. Russian Times is the holy bible.

The Original Daniel.

• DanielMDanielM Disabled
    edited September 2012

@Infinity said: Come on, do you actually believe RT doesn't have any bias at all

Ofcourse it has some bias. But it has more real news than the majority of the mainstream.

@MrLabradoodle

BBC is propaganda just you dont see this. But to be fair. BBC is state owned/State-run so what would you expect :)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

@DanielM said: BBC is propaganda just you dont see this. But to be fair. BBC is state owned/State-run so what would you expect :)

The BBC is state funded, not state run.

The Russian Times is state owned and state funded.

The Original Daniel.

• edited September 2012

-- Edited --

My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
  • @MrLabradoodle said: The BBC is state funded, not state run.

Ofcourse it's state run lol..

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@DanielM said: Ofcourse it has some bias. But it has more real news than the majority of the mainstream.

Your opinion again, not a solid fact like you make it out to be. BBC has it's fair share of crap and so does RT, there's no news channel that is perfect really.. I wouldn't say RT is any better than BBC, it might suit your world views more but that doesn't really mean anything..

我是一个巨魔 (;

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @Infinity said: Your opinion again, not a solid fact like you make it out to be.

It's about opinion i guess. But i consider RT a better source for news than the BBC. Granted the BBC is great for UK based news but all foreign news from bbc is baised.

• I call BGP issue, none of the ips even get to their network.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, TX, and AZ
    Test our network here: Drgn.biz
  • Namecheap has a new coupon code to transfer out of GoDaddy :) https://twitter.com/Namecheap/status/245256680487661569 Code: BYEBYEGD for $6.99 transfer

• GigeNET offers to migrate new customers sites from GoDaddy ... how can they do that if the site is down ?

http://www.lowendguide.com/ - the guides to administer your lowend vps | Make money writing tutorials
    Free CPanel Shared Hosting Locations: Miami (US) | Rotterdam (NL)
  • Kids take note, this is what happens when you cram 52 million domains on a kimsufi box =]

• @MikHo said: GigeNET offers to migrate new customers sites from GoDaddy ... how can they do that if the site is down ?

The sites are up Just DNS is down.

• LOL @u4ia BYEBYEGD, brilliant !

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • @u4ia said: BYEBYEGD

IBTConspiracyTheories.

-Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, TX, and AZ
    Test our network here: Drgn.biz
  • some DNS are back online. All hosting servers are ok.

• @Jack Thanks for clarifying, i just read on twitter that many complained about theor sites were offline. Havent followed it to close tonight since ive had other thongs to do.

http://www.lowendguide.com/ - the guides to administer your lowend vps | Make money writing tutorials
    Free CPanel Shared Hosting Locations: Miami (US) | Rotterdam (NL)
  • Everybody's complaning ... :)

Instant OpenVZ/Xen VPS in UK, DE, US, FR, CH, NL - PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WM, PM, STP, OKPay, CashU, Ukash, AliPay
  • How can everything go offline at the same time? I wouldn't think they're hosting all those clients on a single server

• TazTaz Disabled
    edited September 2012

@vedran said: How can everything go offline at the same time? I wouldn't think they're hosting all those clients on a single server

Same DC? Location? Unlike average LEB providers, they happens to own their own dc? As this does looks like a network level outage.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• JackJack Member
    edited September 2012

@vedran said: How can everything go offline at the same time? I wouldn't think they're hosting all those clients on a single server

@vedran the DNS servers went down = domains didn't resolve.

• Wow, I would have never thought... so much for never... it seems that it was directly associated with their name servers. I have 2 domains registered with them. The domain that has its own nameservers worked fine but the domain with the godaddy dns servers failed. I'm just curious to know more about what happened.

• JarJar Member
    edited September 2012

I'm sure all we'll hear from them is how they want to spin it, and it'll probably only contain truth if it fits the story. I respect GoDaddy for making a brand that people who have no idea what web hosting is can recognize, but that's literally it. So basically I respect that they're willing to spare no expense on marketing. My domain is with them for convenience (at the time I wasn't aware of many other registrars, I knew how to host, not mingle), plus I bought it from a godaddy auction. I'm sure this will finally drive me to consider moving, I just can't have nameserver downtime for obvious reasons.

• @tinyray said: http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/godaddy-outage-takes-down-millions-of-sites/

the bad comes first....

I cringed reading the Facebook comments, damn sheeple.

When you find that perfect VPS, KEEP IT.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited September 2012

@Zetta said: I cringed reading the Facebook comments, damn sheeple.

Best one:

Knock knock. -Who's there? Any website hosted on Godaddy. -Any website hosted on Godaddy, who? DNS lookup failed

Thanked by 2Jack Inglar
  • edited September 2012

@Zetta said: I cringed reading the Facebook comments, damn sheeple.

Thank goodness for Ghostery. I don't have to see Facebook comments anywhere, because 9/10 the comments on popular sites left by facebook users are often horrifically dumb.

Not always, but too god damn often.

EDIT: Okay, I turned off Facebook Social Plugin Blocking / Facebook Connect blocking, and hot damn. Some of these comments are insane:

Kenan Clark in NYC says:

lol... guys it is pretty simple... you get what you pay for. Pay me 10 / mo and ill give you a dedicated high performance server that is backed up and monitored 24/7 and a team that you are on a first name basis with and who are accountable to you.

And of course there are hundreds of other comments that make want to live alone in the middle of the forest with no human interaction.

LOL - $10/mo for a dedicated 'high end' server...

• @MannDude Lol, I saw that thread too, shit is hilarious.

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • TazTaz Disabled

Most likely, Buyvm vps resold :P. Pure profit.