Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSL Load Balancing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSL Load Balancing

Hi,

Any suggestions for SSL Load Balancing HTTP Load Balancing is done with Varnish and works perfectly fine. I would use pound and then redirect it to varnish how ever this server hosts multiple domains. I'm able to configure SSL Load Balancing with HAProxy but that has several issues such as the backend IPs showing up as our backend IPs(Private Network)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• @clamhost said:
    the backend IPs showing up as our backend IPs

Care to elaborate? If you mean that you're seeing backend IPs instead of client IPs, there should be ways to forward the client IPs along.

• MunMun Member

You are a provider, why don't you hire an individual or company to help you with this. Honestly posts like this make me lose faith in your business. The only problem is I have no more faith to lose for your business.

Thanked by 2Jonchun Pwner
  • jhjh Member

Guessing you have HAProxy configured for layer 3 load balancing. Consider configuring it for layer 7 load balancing.

• edited March 2015

@clamhost said:
    Hi,

Any suggestions for SSL Load Balancing HTTP Load Balancing is done with Varnish and works perfectly fine. I would use pound and then redirect it to varnish how ever this server hosts multiple domains. I'm able to configure SSL Load Balancing with HAProxy but that has several issues such as the backend IPs showing up as our backend IPs(Private Network)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Go to haproxy

Slap this on the listen section

option forwardfor

Note that this adds X-Forwarded-For header, Varnish must know what to do with it, and so do your backends.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited March 2015

@StartledPhoenix said:
    Note that this adds X-Forwarded-For header, Varnish must know what to do with it, and so do your backends.

Not even anything close to what I'm asking for help in regards.

I'm looking for the best software to do load balancing with HTTPS> @Mun said:

You are a provider, why don't you hire an individual or company to help you with this.

Honestly posts like this make me lose faith in your business. The only problem is I have no more faith to lose for your business.

Why would we employ a individual to configure what we require? When given our own experience we manage all our own machines and have no problem what so ever with doing that. This is a more advanced setup. If you don't wish to choose ClamHost don't but don't come into our threads and keep bashing us. I honestly don't want to even waste my time on anymore of your responses.

• Closed - per thread starter's request.

This discussion has been closed.