Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New online.net limited edition server, EUR 19.99/pm, no setup fee

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

Got to admit, for the money it's a cracking deal given the overall package. This one is a keeper.

Thanked by 2geekalot netomx
  • earlearl Member

@Lee said:
    Got to admit, for the money it's a cracking deal given the overall package. This one is a keeper.

Until next month when a new deal comes out!..

Thanked by 2netomx Dylan
  • :( Was looking for something like this anyway, but didn't see it until now...
    Guess I wait for the next one!

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@earl said:

If they better this deal I will still keep this one and buy the new one. I own several services where I can pass the cost onwards.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

How to enable SMART on BIO anyone knows ?? It shows SMART is not supported !

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I'll outsource My E3-1220 (2 x 450 GB SAS). Is there anyone available ?? :P

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    How to enable SMART on BIO anyone knows ?? It shows SMART is not supported !

I have not been able to get this to work, even latest smartctl won't :(

• earlearl Member

Lee said: I own several services where I can pass the cost onwards.

Suppose if I made money on it then I'd probably keep it. It's an awesome deal for sure.. I'm really liking the control panel compared to kimsufi.

Just last month I got the i5-750 from kimsufi and I thought that would be a keeper but for the extra 5 euros this dedibox is hard to pass up!

• DeanDean Member

Does anyone have an easy guide for adding the IPv6 to CentOS? I've searched Google and only found Debian stuff :(

• Who is willing to sell me a dedi ????

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Awww damnit, I always come late :P

• AmitzAmitz Member

@MrGeneral said:
    Awww damnit, I always come late :P

I am sure the ladies appreciate that. :-)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    I am sure the ladies appreciate that. :-)

They definitely do, my friend. :P

Thanked by 2Amitz netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@MrGeneral said:
    They definitely do, my friend. :P

I know that feeling, I know that feeling... ;-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @DeanKamitsis - I don't think IPv6 is available on this system

• DeanDean Member

@MarkTurner - I've enabled them in the console but need to add them to my CentOS install

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Read the wiki page on how to add them.
    Basicly use dhcp and use the duid to get the correct range

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

MarkTurner said: I don't think IPv6 is available on this system

That's definitely interesting, can you tell us more what you "think" and how that relates to the information on the offer page that's also still up... http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-lt-limited-edition

• @DeanKamitsis - I was speaking to a customer today, who told me he got 'IPv6 blocks are not available for offers Dedibox V1 / V2 / PRO V1 / XL / Classic.' when he tried to order one for his server

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

You receive a /48 with the server.

• @rm_ - I have not played with their interface, but the customer was most adamant and sending screenshots/text scrapes that he could not get IPv6. The screenshots he sent seemed to show he couldn't get an IP block.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@rm_ said:
    That's definitely interesting, can you tell us more what you "think" and how that relates to the information on the offer page that's also still up...

http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-lt-limited-edition

To be fair, when I went to order IPv6 in the console it flashed up a message saying IPv6 was not available with some servers. I ignored it and pressed order and it let me have the block.

It did not refer to this particular line I think, but it could seem as though it's not available.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

MarkTurner said: Dedibox V1 / V2 / PRO V1 / XL / Classic

And is this server a "Dedibox V1 / V2 / PRO V1 / XL", or maybe "Classic"? (All are offers from back in 2013 or earlier from what I can tell)

• @rm_ no the customer had bought one of these e3-1220's just a couple of days back. It maybe just be a provisioning issue with his server, he has a ticket into Online so we'll wait to see the outcome. He just couldn't get an IPv6 ordered either for free or paid.

• I wish I had a need for this.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • earlearl Member
    edited March 2015

Well I just noticed they have enabled ordering for additional ip's.. was not available yesterday.

So they let you have 5 failover IP's per server..

Thanked by 1Jazzy8999
  • earlearl Member

Not sure why but they keep rescheduling the repair time for the drive swap, it's set back to Thursday now.. and support not really answering back either..

• @earl - maybe lack of replacement disks

• @earl said:
    Well I just noticed they have enabled ordering for additional ip's.. was not available yesterday.

So they let you have 5 failover IP's per server..

1.99 per ip per month ... I thought it is per year... quite costly.

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    earl - maybe lack of replacement disks

Well @DeanKamitsis mentioned they replaced his pretty quick.. but it's possible they ran out, just my luck.

I actually would have preferred the SATA with the larger disk over 2.5" 15k SAS, I don't think they are very reliable.

smile93 said: 1.99 per ip per month ... I thought it is per year... quite costly.

Yup, even worst in Canada cause the currency is so low now that it's actually close to $3/ip with the conversion.

But at least they offer you the option, unlike kimsufi's..

Thanked by 1netomx