Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Check out this provider http://vps.me/ Epic Fail pricing

Check out this provider http://vps.me/ Epic Fail pricing

dragonballz2kdragonballz2k Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hostgator is more fair then that.

Comments

• The thing that made me laugh is the disk space allocations more than anything else.

• TazTaz Disabled
    edited September 2012

NVM

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• Some good graphics there but on the other hand is it even a live site? When ordering it says "product not found"

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited September 2012

Their CEO picture is HP's Mark Hurd... http://www.vps.me/about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hurd

Thanked by 1Freek
  • Well, hardly the most affordable, however, many hosts have high prices and still sell. Here some have low prices and still dont sell :P M

Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my drive A: ?

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

Thanked by 2Nexus Infinity
  • He also owns youhosting http://www.youhosting.com/en/page/about same company

• @AsadHaider said: Their CEO is HP's Mark Hurd... wtf?

http://www.crunchbase.com/person/mark-hurd

I'm going to guess that this is all placeholders though. If they are seriously trying to do this model then I'll be surprised.

• Wait since youhosting has free reseller hosting. Lol I hope they try free vps reseller. Does somebody know who his the CEO of youhosting

• @joepie91 Erf... I missed that and it is apparently no typo since the 3rd is featuring 100 GB... gee... yum update and you need to wait for the next month to actually use the VPS... M

• NexusNexus Member
    edited September 2012

The sliding thing on the main page is actually pretty damn awesome, to bad they don't have the brains to change the 200mb bandwidth per month to 200GB.... Holy herp a derp.

First impression = Fail, cool website though, dunno if it's a stolen template or not, any sauce?

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • It won't let me order a free VPS. :(

-Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, TX, and AZ
    Test our network here: Drgn.biz
  • When I click on order:

"Looks like we have a misunderstanding here"

LOL

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • Its just a template/reseller..

Check out this page..

http://www.vps.me/about

Simply better reseller YouHosting is the easiest and free way to start your own web hosting business. Only with YouHosting is so attractive that you will get your first client registration and first domain hosted in less than 24 hours after! Simply better reseller YouHosting is the easiest and free way to start your own web hosting business. Only with YouHosting is so attractive that you will get your first client registration and first domain hosted in less than 24 hours after! Simply better reseller YouHosting is the easiest and free way to start your own web hosting business. Only with YouHosting is so attractive that you will get your first client registration and first domain hosted in less than 24 hours after! Simply better reseller YouHosting is the easiest and free way to start your own web hosting business. Only with YouHosting is so attractive that you will get your first client registration and first domain hosted in less than 24 hours after!

• LOL.

http://www.vps.me/free-vps

They offer free VPS that are BETTER than most of their plans!

Okay, so as you can tell its some dumb reseller that doesn't have a clue.

• TazTaz Disabled

Looks like it is still under development.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• TazTaz Disabled

@Zen said: Okay, so as you can tell its some dumb reseller that doesn't have a clue.

If it is owned by youhosting, I wouldn't make such claim. Apparantly, youhost and 000free are connected.

• http://i.imgur.com/Dn3ov.png - Okey, let me be honest. If I sit down and start writing down coutnries, I wouldnt be able to write down more than 100. They have 140. Awesome, isn't it?

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • I think he means 140 countries are not blacklisted :P M

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • @Taz_NinjaHawk said: If it is owned by youhosting, I wouldn't make such claim. Apparantly, youhost and 000free are connected.

Then its owned by some other guy that doesn't have a clue :)

• wow just imagine this being like youhosting free vps everywhere. if it is ipv6 it might be possible.

• TazTaz Disabled

@dragonballz2k said: wow just imagine this being like youhosting free vps everywhere. if it is ipv6 it might be possible.

Oh good! No. I have stopped visiting http://www.free-webhosts.com/ for that reason and now if this crap comes out, I will have to stop visiting LEB and WHT,

• CNJeremyCNJeremy

adds their ip ranges to my block list...

I can see this becoming spammer heaven very quic...

adds their ip ranges to my block list...

I can see this becoming spammer heaven very quickly if the free vps is legit.

• MaouniqueMaounique Member
    edited September 2012

Only spammer ? Those can afford good hosts, are making tons of money, will be rather more murky heavens... M

• oh man this might come true guess who owns it http://www.hostinger.com which is the company that started youhosting. get ready in year or two free vps hosting.

• TazTaz Disabled

This might become a game changer for the low lowend provider (I.e 32mb ,64mb,128mb joints) as most of the people who buys them, use them for vpn need and this might actually kill that. Not sure if it is ipv4 or 6(most likely) .

Issues that might arrive from free vps:

*increase number of spammers *more dirty IP. *more crap, more etc crap!

Not sure if they will really offer free vps for life but if they do, consider true LEB business dying.

• flyfly Member
    edited September 2012
  • I will in no way use a free provider for a VPN.. At the end, I use VPN for extra security.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @fly said: hold on

Notice the real clouds ;)

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @miTgiB said: Notice the real clouds

Of smoke due to old *****y hardware ;).

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • TazTaz Disabled

@Alex_liquidhost not everyone does so;).

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: @Alex_liquidhost not everyone does so;).

What do you use it for?

我是一个巨魔 (;

• TazTaz Disabled

I use 1 for secure access another one for random browsing (blocked contents and such).

• the main issue why there isn't much free vps provider because of abuse. appfog can offer 2gb paas for free. so this is profitable because they can also temp shut off vps not in use. they could make hibernation if someone pings for a sec it will start.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: I use 1 for secure access another one for random browsing (blocked contents and such).

I see. Well I have never felt the need in accessing anything that I have restricted access to.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: blocked contents and such

Where do you live ? In US the land of the free ? Or Iran, China ? M

• Just ordered package 8. Think it will host Wordpress?

And no, I didn't. I do like the design though.

• @jarland said: Just ordered package 8. Think it will host Wordpress?

And no, I didn't. I do like the design though.

Obviously each VPS gets dedicated 1gbps, so it can utlise 300TB of bandwidth.

Anyway, i think it is obvious that the website is not in production and that they most likely have not changed the template yet.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Obviously each VPS gets dedicated 1gbps, so it can utlise 300TB of bandwidth.

Anyway, i think it is obvious that the website is not in production and that they most likely have not changed the template yet.

True but, you never know

• TazTaz Disabled

@Maunique there are couple of sites my ISP will never allow me to browse. Also when I need research some crazy ideas......

• @dragonballz2k said: True but, you never know

Not a single link works, they use stock text, stock photos. They just uploaded the template to fill up the domain. I am absolutely sure if you try to contac them about a quote, they would not respond.

• TazTaz Disabled

@op how did you find this site?

• I succesfully registered one fee VPS!

• Though the internet doesn't seem to be working currently..

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited September 2012

their site looks neat tho. but the slider is fucked

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited September 2012

I agree with @Randy, the website is neat.

Except for that damn image of the "server". The CPU fan is on the SATA ports, the PCIE slots are underneath the CPU, the RAM is inserted beside the slot, and the I/O connectors are on the side of the case.

Did I mention the RAM is orange?

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• :) it looks neat but they fucked up badly a fail image of the server and the slider is messed up

• vedranvedran Moderator
    edited September 2012
    dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.8278 seconds, 122 MB/s

Not bad!

Also, you can order free VPS, they only ask you for first/last name and email, (no address, phone etc), there is no fraud check, not even email verification (you have all VPS details right away) and provision is instant. I don't see how this can fail ...

• wow. boxbilling looks nice