Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedicated servers for storage in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedicated servers for storage in Europe

Need 2TB + server, Any ideas?

Comments

• Kimsufi

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

Processor: Xeon® E3-1240 4 Cores 3.7GHz

RAM: 8GB ECC

2x 2TB 7200RPM

HW RAID-1

100mbps

/30 IPv4

$85/mo

P.S Internet bandwidth from Level3, Globalcom, Linxtelecom, verizon, Deutsche Telecom.

Thanked by 1Devil
  • Hetzner has some large hd dedis @ serverbidding

• BharatB said: Processor: Xeon® E3-1240 2 Cores 3.7GHz

2 cores? that's a 4 core, 8 W H/T

Thanked by 2HyperSpeed BharatB
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@TarZZ92 said:

Sorry my bad typo fixing it right away :)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

We can provide an ESXi VPS with 2.2TB of usable RAID protected space for $47 - Just posting this in case a Dedi is out of your price range. https://secure.bigvps.io/cart.php?gid=8

• pbgben said: We can provide an ESXi VPS with 2.2TB of usable RAID protected space for $47

big vps big price :)

still the OP did say dedicated!

• @iLLagHee said:
    Hetzner has some large hd dedis @ serverbidding

I've had very good luck with Hetzner. I would just stay away from the i7-3770's. I have had issues with them. Apparently those chips have problems on certain motherboards.

• hostnoob said: Wow that's cheap.

even cheaper now 23.5 euro :)

• hawkjohn7hawkjohn7 Member
    edited March 2015

Is hetzner provide IPMI like online.net ?

• edanedan Member
    edited March 2015

@hawkjohn7 said:
    Is hetzner provide IPMI like online.net ?

Yes trough LARA and its free, they limited 3 hours and we must wait for a few hours before we can request access to LARA again. http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/LARA/en

I can enable UEFI mode on the bios and make Windows use the whole space not just 2 x 2TB but 2 x 3TB.

• mypkhostmypkhost Member
    edited March 2015

@stream4cast said:
    Need 2TB + server, Any ideas?

Processor: Xeon® E3-1245 4 Cores 3.5GHz
    RAM: 32GB ECC
    2x 3TB 7200RPM
    HW RAID-1
    1Gigabit Bandwidth
    /30 IPv4

69$/m

• @edan said:
    I can enable UEFI mode on the bios and make Windows use the whole space not just 2 x 2TB but 2 x 3TB.

I tried doing this earlier, set the boot to UEFI: laradrivename saved BIOS settings and restarted

Once I had installed Windows still couldn't use the full 3TB :(

• edanedan Member
    edited March 2015

@Gerrard8 said:
    @Gerrard8 said:

Your mobo is p8h77-m pro? try to entering the EFI Bios by pressing f2 and set it from there. When installing Windows in UEFI mode the installer will creating below partitions automatically:

300MB -> Recovery partition
    100MB -> EUFI system partition

So if you don't see this when creating partition on the Windows setup partition page just reboot again and setting up the bios again. I change all options under Advanced -> Boot -> CSM Parameters to use UEFI as the default.

• Gerrard8 said: Once I had installed Windows still couldn't use the full 3TB :(

Why do you say that?
    I use full 6 TB on Hetzner server :)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

@Gerrard8

I have a box with 8.6TB used of 10TB :/ damn movie collection, So Windows 2012R2 can most defiantly handle above 3TB - What you will find is that the server has RAID1 on those HDD's so you will have drive failure protection. And of course HDD's are never 100% there advertised space (3TB = ~2.8TB)

• rokokrokok Member

>

Very interesting, possible windows OS on hetzner Server Auction? + €21,01/Month ?

• edanedan Member

@supick said:

@pbgben said:
    Gerrard8

I have a box with 8.6TB used of 10TB :/ damn movie collection, So Windows 2012R2 can most defiantly handle above 3TB - What you will find is that the server has RAID1 on those HDD's so you will have drive failure protection. And of course HDD's are never 100% there advertised space (3TB = ~2.8TB)

I and he mean if using the MBR / legacy BIOS than there is about 700GB unused space on the drive that has system partition :)

• HostPalaceHostPalace Member
    edited March 2015

E3-1230, 32GB RAM, 2X2TB HDD, 1GBIT PORT, 100TB TRAFFIC @ 65 Euros/Monthly

• zevuszevus Member

I have had about half a dozen i7-3770. I run them in raid 0. Haven't had any HDD issues yet..

seflow.it sometimes has specials that have decent storage space, though ofc their price won't compare with hetzner

• wychwych Member

Hetzner and SeFlow had some nice offers a few weeks ago.

SYS/OVH also have storage ranges at not too bad pricing.

• @edan said:
    So if you don't see this when creating partition on the Windows setup partition page just reboot again and setting up the bios again. I change all options under Advanced -> Boot -> CSM Parameters to use UEFI as the default.

Thanks will give it a try then have my usual argument how they need to give me a USB drive with network drivers otherwise my server isn't any use to me...

• edanedan Member

@Gerrard8 said:
    Thanks will give it a try then have my usual argument how they need to give me a USB drive with network drivers otherwise my server isn't any use to me...

I am using drive redirection so make sure the drive connected when setting up it so the UEFI drive will show up, later set the UEFI drive as your first boot and done.

• I am able to provide a great dedicated server!

Dedicated Server 1
    £32/month
    Core-2-Duo E4600 @ 2.4 GHz
    2 GB Ram
    250 GB Storage
    10 TB Monthly Bandwidth
    UK Datacenter - Milton Keynes
    24/7 Support

Order now

I hope you are interested

• JFIJFI Member
    edited March 2015

Crazy Fish

• Intel Xeon 3000 2 x 1,86 Ghz min.
    • 4 GB DDR2(2)
    • 1 TB SATA(3) 30
    • SETUP 29€
    • Price / month 19.99€
      Adding 1 TB S-ATA 14,99€

Available here : https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server?cat=destock

PM for more questions :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

We can offer you the following:
    Dell R210 - E3-1230V2 (HDD)

E3-1230V2 (3.3 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads) CPU

16 GB DDR3 ECC Memory

2x 1 TB Enterprise SATA III Drive HDD

2x 100Mbps (Dual Diverse) Uplink

10 TB Monthly Bandwidth

One hour support included per month, Add cPanel license for free Full Management

Month-to-month Contract

London, UK Location

Free Setup!

£79 a month.

To order please visit our Dedicated Servers sale page: https://www.clouvider.co.uk/billing/cart.php?gid=20

If you have any questions, please do let me know!