Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launching VpsInChicago.com - Need Suggestions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Launching VpsInChicago.com - Need Suggestions

2»

Comments

• @AsadHaider said: So who regged ninjavps.com eh?

Wasn't me (cough)

• Hmm.. true, maybe I will just launch Chicago XEN VPS servers for ChromiumHosting and redirect vpsinchicago.com to ChromiumHosting's Xen Chicago .HTML file. :)

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Corey said: We've been with continuum for over a year now. Great service.

What a joke DC hahahahahaha

• PatsPats Member
    edited September 2012

@AsadHaider said: So who regged ninjavps.com eh?

wow.. gone so fast?? should be the hawk scooped the ninja..

• @Jeffrey said: launch Chicago XEN VPS servers for ChromiumHosting

This sounds like the best idea. Why start something new?

VPSInChicago limits you to VPS... in Chicago. Something like ChromiumHosting could offer any services.

The logo and such need to be fixed as well ;)

I'd say: purchase a new domain OR stick with Chromium. :) Good luck!!

• @AsadHaider said: So who regged ninjavps.com eh?

Sorry :(

@Zen said: Just had a chat, they seem friendly too. Quite amazed!

Yeah and I heard they do some nice cabling too?

• NinjaVps? Who took it :(? Terrible person! Horrible!

• @Jeffrey ChicagoVPS.net is a pretty cool VPS provider, we host one of our DNS nodes with them from our nationwide network. Taking a name that's close to them is not a very nice thing to do. We re-branded 3 times before we came up with VPS Node Box, and while it is not the most original name in the world (I would have preferred something shorter), it's not close to anyone's name and it hits the spot with SEO.

Why in the world would you use Citrix Xen Server? Do this: CentOS 6 + Kernel 3.5 + Xen 4.1 + SolusVM. Unless of course you really like the Citrix admin tools.

Sounds allot like http://www.ubiquityservers.com/ - and if that's who you're going to use you will be left with a very sour taste in your mouth (the kind you get after eating expired pickles). They will nickel and dime you for every little thing, it takes for ever to get up and running, you will have to haggle for every new server you set up and sometimes they do embarrassing things like not having RAM or replacement parts around their data center. After 3 months we pulled out of there and moved our customers to another data center. Seriously, steer clear of those guys.

Get yourself a domain name that will either put you at the top or at the bottom of any list, people tend to look only at the two places. Be original!

Offer services that people want and need if you want to pull in $$$$. We recently turned upside down everything and as I am typing this I am working with my brother at setting up new servers with more services. Selling straight VPS servers will only take you so far, you have to bundle value for the money.

Lastly: Always keep in mind that the people on this forum, and your average small to medium provider is not your competitor. At least not in the real sense of the word. So don't start price wars with others, don't talk down on other providers because you never know when you will need them.

Just my two cents.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Good luck @Jeffrey

• Thank you for that write up @vpsnodebox. I wasn't trying to compete with any host, ChicagoVPS's XEN VPS's are priced very well, I wouldn't be able to meet those prices just yet.. I wasn't trying to compete with them at all.

• Id advise you to add these vps's to chromiumhosting instead of building a new brand.

• @CVPS_Chris said: What a joke DC hahahahahaha

I'd like to hear what is bad about them.

• I'd say change the name :) This feel like abusing your competitor's popularity. Not a nice thing to do.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@zhuanyi said: @CVPS_Chris said: What a joke DC hahahahahaha

I'd like to hear what is bad about them.

Its a strip mall datacenter with no security, no capacity, and nothing to brag about. A 1Gbit DDoS attack will take down the whole network. I have been there personally so I know. I advise everyone to stay away!