Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Why Easevps always be attacked? Make me so anxious. @Jacob

guyusoftwareguyusoftware Member
edited September 2012 in General

WHT and LET The largest support system of IDC.

Comments

• I can't be the only one struggling to understand this post.

The Original Daniel.

• How are we supposed to know?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • One uses email to get ones attention not a public message board.

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• Because it's EU location is on a single 100mbps port. Jacob is doing all he can, however this is praobably something he can not handle and just wants to let it pass by.

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • you already posted here, http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4431/where-is-easevps-nobody-reply-tickets.-already-one-day#Item_122

trying being a provider and get ddosed? i am sure @Jacob does not want such attacks to happen at all.

• TazTaz Disabled

More Drama. Exactly what we were missing here

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

Thanked by 3Spencer lbft Gary
  • Why open another thread on this? Leave @Jacob alone!

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Because it's EU location is on a single 100mbps port.

Upgraded it to a 1000mbps port, and I think it stopped the DDOS attacks.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Your other thread caused us to have a consistant attack haunting us.

All this attention isn't good.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited September 2012

Thanked by (1): @Randy

@Jacob well there's your culprit right there!

• Unfortunately its true, one opens a ticket about issues, skids being too happy start ddosing to cause more issue and make their lifes worth it - DRAMA FTW.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • thread* not ticket.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @Jacob said: All this attention isn't good.

Mmm hmm, welcome to my world.

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
    Thanked by 1Randy
  • mpkossenmpkossen Administrator

@guyusoftware You bored, man? Got nothing better to do than spam here?

I recommend Prometeus and Vultr! | Follow @LowEndNetwork on Twitter and win a dedi!
    Check out my blog at mpkossen.com

Thanked by 1Randy
  • RandyRandy Disabled
    edited September 2012

@AsadHaider said: @Jacob well there's your culprit right there!

lol, i thanked him because, i find his post make sense. WTF is wrong with you? me ddos? what a joke.. :S =)

• @AsadHaider said: Upgraded it to a 1000mbps port, and I think it stopped the DDOS attacks.

For now.... sadly, Gbit ports are nothing today :(

Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Currently unemployed | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

• TazTaz Disabled

@William said: For now.... sadly, Gbit ports are nothing today :(

God old day of Dial ups. 50kb/s used to be the bomb!

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• Going to restore the WHMCS today, now to find a provider that can take 500K PPS Within a reasonable budget.

• @Jacob said: Going to restore the WHMCS today, now to find a provider that can take 500K PPS Within a reasonable budget.

I hear Volumedrive are very good at tanking attacks...

Thanked by 1dominicl
  • @Jack you mean they tell you it seems to be resolved now when they respond 12 days later :)

• @AnthonySmith are we speaking about snel or vd here haha! VD have provided a better service than snel in my eyes and for fraction of what I pay snel...

• Jacksonville is back online, Working on the WHMCS now.

• ZenZen Member
    edited September 2012

Buy a smaller server and set it up as a firewall?

I'm sure it wont work wonders but it will certainly make a difference.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited September 2012

@Jacob How long has it been down, I paid a invoice and I can not find a conformation from you but I can from 2co.

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• Considering how big the attacks are, no <$3-5K Firewall would hold up.

KC - 8Gbit a Few days ago, DS have offered to put us in the new facility so that they can mitigate the attacks easier, May need new IPs I am not sure yet, I will inquire. VD - Supposed 10Gbit was targetted at us, I still don't believe it was all us. UK - At max under 3Gbit, at minimum 600Mbit, and sometimes over 2.8Mpps.

WHMCS has had about 2Gbit following it, I'm just going to test some stuff see what triggers the attack and if they are actually following up on it or just leaving it automated.

We will soon find out.

I will send emails out to all customers.

@Zen said: Buy a smaller server and set it up as a firewall?

• I will handle this shortly, I will send emails out.

@Taylor said: How long has it been down, I paid a invoice and I can find a conformation from you but I can from 2co.

• You don't need to go with proprietary hardware.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

Grats OP you noob(I will PM the OP, See what we can sort out, He is obviously having a few problems with me, so just to put a end to all these threads). The attack is at 1Gbit again..

• @Jacob said: Grats OP you noob

The OP is a client right?

• I don't have a clue, but these threads are not neccessary.

@Jack said: The OP is a client right?

• @Jacob said: I don't have a clue, but these threads are not neccessary.

Well to be honest mate , I don't think the attitude you are showing is going to help you one bit...

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

Your not in my position, so don't be so quick to throw words around.

Looks like the attack was filtered, back down to 11Mbit.

@Jack said: Well to be honest mate , I don't think the attitude you are showing is going to help you one bit...

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited September 2012

[removed]

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

[removed]

• I don't know if anyone has noticed, but EaseVPS.com is down.

The Original Daniel.

• Have tried calling but no response. Sent twitter message as the status page is down too :-(

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

Just submit a ticket or email us if you have any problems, Going to get these threads sinked, closed.

@judouk said: Have tried calling but no response. Sent twitter message as the status page is down too :-(

• @Jacob said: Going to get these threads sinked, closed.

Remember not to blackmale the mods or anything like that (:

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• I'll give them a few bucks for tip.

@Taylor said: Remember not to blackmale the mods or anything like that (:

• So has this been resolved?

• Bump wasn't needed, But judging from the pre-silence I assume everyone is happy, and things are smooth.

• @Jacob said: , and things are smooth.

Only the one UK1 node down tonight if you call that smooth :p

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• @Taylor The main IP is nullrouted, I will check the graphs when I am home.

• @Taylor said: Only the one UK1 node down tonight if you call that smooth :p

Is your actually VM down or what Jacob said is correct @Taylor?

• @Jack said: Is your actually VM down or what Jacob said is correct @Taylor?

>

@Jack My VM was offline when I checked today, It will not boot from solus so I assume it is down. If the main IP is nullrouted will any traffic even get to the server?

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• JackJack Member
    edited September 2012

@Taylor said: My VM was offline when I checked today, It will not boot from solus so I assume it is down. If the main IP is nullrouted will any traffic even get to the server?

@Taylor If the Main IP is nulled traffic can still get to the VM's Just not the main server so that would show the VM as offline in Solus but its not really down ... Does your VPS IP ping or not?

• @Jack

No the VPS is not responding ping, it is not pingable even after trying to boot in in solus again.

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1
      2    27 ms    24 ms    23 ms  cr0.wrpim.uk.easynet.net [82.108.10.166]
      3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      4    25 ms    26 ms    66 ms  ip-84-38-37-200.easynet.co.uk [84.38.37.200]
      5    76 ms    27 ms    24 ms  te0-0-0-2.er11.thlon.ov.easynet.net [89.200.135.
    133]
      6   226 ms   224 ms    21 ms  xe1-3.gwy01.lnuk01.hostnoc.net [195.66.225.49]
      7    41 ms   102 ms    95 ms  xe1-04.gwy02.mnuk01.hostnoc.eu [178.238.128.29]

8     *     xe1-04.gwy02.mnuk01.hostnoc.eu [178.238.128.29]  reports: Destinat
    ion host unreachable.

Trace complete.

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• @Taylor said: trying to boot in in solus

@Jack said: that would show the VM as offline in Solus

If it shows as 'offline' but it shouldn't be down why do you think it would boot from pressing boot? The CP can't connect to the slave to start the VM.

• @Jack said: If it shows as 'offline' but it shouldn't be down why do you think it would boot from pressing boot? The CP can't connect to the slave to start the VM.

>

@Jack Nothing in reflection, but it is down and not responding to ping.

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• @Jacob said: All this attention isn't good.

This is the only sensible thing I've read in all these attack threads going on lately. You all, not any one person in particular, need a tall cool glass of STFU. The size of your attack is not relevant to the size of your penis, nor is it any badge of horror.

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS