Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need linux vps! Yearly!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need linux vps! Yearly!

raysmtaraysmta Member
edited March 2015 in Help

I had one previously, bad sadly no DDOS PROTECTION!! AHHH
It has now been suspended, and I am really upset and cannot do anything about it.

I am searching for a Linux VPS - $20/annually

RAM: 2GB

Disk: 100GB

CPU: I dont mind until it's above 2 cores, and over 2 GHz

Bandwidth: Atleast 1.5 TB

DDOS PROTECTED PLEASE!

Comments

• @nexhost ?? can you do something with this?

• huh?

• @raysmta said:
    huh?

He has the storage, DDOS protection you need for a good price.

• who has

• bobbybobby Member

Amazing deal for providers this; 2gb ram/100gb and certain to be ddos'ed for 20$/y.
    Who wouldn't want you?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • lol

• NomadNomad Member

Some summerhost would gladly embrace such people. Only to kill the services two months later.

And he'll get his money's worth.

• See if @nexmark has anything he has DDoS protected. @davidgestiondbi has Canada which is in OVH. @AutoSnipe has Roubaix he could make a deal. @i83 also has France OVH.

If the VPS is for webhosting you can hide it behind cloudflare.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi nexmark
  • Another factor you need to consider is the location of the vps? Do you need it close to you or is not really an issue? and I agree with above - for webhosting you can always use CloudFlare.

Hope you take that into consideration

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If someone offers you this, he clearly doesn't care about his medium or long term business.

• ivanhivanh Member

Try http://list.lowendserv.net/ and http://lowendstock.com/

IMO, your requirements are unrealistic. 2GB RAM, 100GB HDD + ddos protection for $20/year? Chances are the company you sign up with won't last the duration of the contract. And therefore what you initially believe to be a bargain ends up being a waste of time.

Thanked by 1LES
  • DevilDevil Member

ivanh said: IMO, your requirements are unrealistic. 2GB RAM, 100GB HDD + ddos protection for $20/year?

What if OP says 256/512 is fine and no he doesn't need DDOS protection. Just 100GB or a little more disk space (a little more actually). Then? Is it doable?

• I could offer you 2GB 50GB RAID 10 Space, DDoS protection for 3.5x your budget.
    Reliable service 24/7 support, 1GBPS.

• ivanhivanh Member

@Devil said:
    What if OP says 256/512 is fine and no he doesn't need DDOS protection. Just 100GB or a little more disk space (a little more actually). Then? Is it doable?

Definitely. Heres one I recommend.
    Crissic: $15/year, 512mb ram and 100gb hdd.

https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=45

• DevilDevil Member
    edited March 2015

ivanh said: Definitely. Heres one I recommend. Crissic: $15/year, 512mb ram and 100gb hdd.

Wow! That definitely looks sweeter than RamNode's $15/yr deal. (Maybe only difference is that RamNode allows throttles private torrenting and crissic does not - "We do NOT Allow "ANY P2P Software""; also RamNode offers NL DC; And Ramnode's is SSD Cached).

• @Devil said:

Hmm, so if you install a torrent client other that "ANY P2P Software", it should be ok? :D

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • DevilDevil Member

@deadbeef

Haha. That's true :D

Btw RamNode has another restriction that makes in sort of unattarctive (and now I remember why I didn't buy it). They don't allow torrents anywhere but in the USA :P

Torrents (Only allowed in US locations - must be limited to 20Mbps total)

I mean I could live with 20Mbps total (down from 1Gbps), but "only US" is like final nail in the coffin. So that's pretty much like - use it as a seedbox but you can't use it as a seedbox.

But seedbox or not, the deal is still good only next to Crissic's $15/yr offering of 100GB disk and 512MB RAM (among reputable LEB providers I mean).

• Why don't you take Dedicated Server, like https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc ?

Although it's in EUR, but that's under $20/m at the moment.