Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress on RamDisk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress on RamDisk

noamannoaman Member

Hi
I was thinking of increasing my wordpress page load times. So setting all my php file in 128MB ramdisk and wp content folder in simple HDD folder.So will it be worth the effort?
And also how to put mysql db storage in ram too.I have a very small blog so db is very small

Comments

• Decreasing you mean?

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited March 2015

Use a caching plugin that creates static files - this will speed up your load times the most, just serving static .html vs. having to hit the database.

Your MySQL database very likely lives completely in ram already - and as soon as anyone hits your static html files, those will be cached in ram as well by your web server (might need to do some tweaking here).

• will try that

• If you have very few pages, you can use w3total cache, and use disk enhanced method inside it to cache the pages.. they will be stored as html files. You can even tell w3total cache to read the sitemap of your site and generate the static pages.