Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago $15 a year 1GB & $30 for 2GB OpenVZ sale - Limited stock!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago $15 a year 1GB & $30 for 2GB OpenVZ sale - Limited stock!

Who are we?

HostWithLinux has been providing quality shared hosting at budget prices since 2012, and have recently expanded into VPS hosting. We have a lot of empty space in Chicago, and have decided to do a yearly LET offer at reduced pricing. HostWithLinux is proud to be incorporated in the United Kingdom as a Private Limited company, and offers ticket, live chat, email and UK phone support for verified accounts.

LET 1GB Special @ $15 a year - Click HERE to order

• 1GB Ram & vSWAP
  • 1 CPU Core
  • 30GB HDD Disk Space
  • 1TB Premium Bandwidth on a gigabit port
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • OpenVZ virtualization
  • SolusVM Panel for VPS control

LET 2GB Special @ $30 a year - Click HERE to order

• 2GB Ram & vSWAP
  • 1 CPU Core
  • 60GB HDD Disk Space
  • 1TB Premium Bandwidth on a gigabit port
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • OpenVZ virtualization
  • SolusVM Panel for VPS control

Location and servers

We use ColoCrossing's Chicago location for this offer, and VPS's are on a 1Gbps connection. The nodes in use for this offer are software RAID10, or hardware RAID1 with cache.

A test IP for this location is 198.144.182.93, and a test file is http://198.144.182.93/100MB.test.

Templates Available

The following templates are available to install via SolusVM after purchase, please create a support ticket if you need any custom templates.

Fedora 20 32bit CentOS 5 32bit CentOS 5 64bit CentOS 6 32bit CentOS 6 64bit Debian 6 32bit Debian 6 64bit Debian 7 32bit Debian 7 64bit Fedora 20 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 32bit Ubuntu 12.04 64bit Ubuntu 14.04 32bit Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

Contact Us

Feel free to PM me, create a support ticket or send an email to support(at)hostwithlinux.net if you have any questions, queries or worries.

Please make sure to read our terms of service before you order, and additional IP's can be bought for $1 with justification. Thank you for taking the time to read this offer, and I hope you can try us out.

Comments

• Well, that was an interesting sign-up process. Asked to create three separate passwords, only to receive two of them back via email...

• ChuckChuck Member

@jemaltz said:
    Well, that was an interesting sign-up process. Asked to create three separate passwords, only to receive two of them back via email...

Interesting. Why 3 passwords?

Account password and Root password and ???

• jemaltzjemaltz Member
    edited March 2015

@Chuck said:
    Account password and Root password and ???

VPS user account + password

SolusVM password

Website user account + password

The first two were sent back, and the VPS root password was the SolusVM password.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I've always found it disconcerting when I receive any password in plaintext.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2015

Should only ask for SolusVM password, hostname and operating system now as I had it in the wrong product group. SolusVM/root password are sent by email and stored in plain text unless you change them, account password is not.

I will look into generating random passwords for SolusVM, thanks for pointing it out.

Thanked by 1jemaltz
  • KhudherKhudher Member
    edited March 2015

+1, I've been using their USA VPS since three months, I've had good experience with them.

• Question: how long after payment does it take for the account to be set up?

• @charlotter said:
    Question: how long after payment does it take for the account to be set up?

Maximum 10 minutes unless it's marked as fraud, that's how often the account creation script runs. Cheers!

• charlottercharlotter Member
    edited March 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    Maximum 10 minutes unless it's marked as fraud, that's how often the account creation script runs. Cheers!

Just got the email, Thanks!

• You list Ubuntu 14.04 in the offer but the signup page only has Ubuntu 12.04. Is a 14.04 template available?

• @scottf said:
    You list Ubuntu 14.04 in the offer but the signup page only has Ubuntu 12.04. Is a 14.04 template available?

Yes, it's available when you rebuild the machine, just not during signup.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @scottf said:
    You list Ubuntu 14.04 in the offer but the signup page only has Ubuntu 12.04. Is a 14.04 template available?

Yep, it's available and I've added it to the signup page.