Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best streaming option?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best streaming option?

Looking to start a dead simple site for streaming html5 videos.

What are my options? I considered CDN, but the prices are simply too high.

Perhaps there is a cheaper CDN i don't know about. Or someone can recommend a decent deal for dedicated servers with a lot of b/w and dedicated ports (1gpbs+)

Thanks as always guys.

Comments

• anyone.. ?

• Buy multiple BuyVMs and enable anycast. Bandwidth is $2.50/TB on top of the allotment for the plans you've chosen. If you're going to go extreme you might want to check with them but in general, at least to get off the ground, they're not a bad option.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Buy multiple BuyVMs and enable anycast. Bandwidth is $2.50/TB on top of the allotment for the plans you've chosen. If you're going to go extreme you might want to check with them but in general, at least to get off the ground, they're not a bad option.

Thanks, this is the sort of ideas/options i was looking for.Will need at least 1TB storage tho. I am looking at pushing about 50tb first month and going up from there.

• Online.net/OVH,

• gunner05 said: Will need at least 1TB storage tho. I am looking at pushing about 50tb first month and going up from there.

Yeah, check OVH or Online.net.

• RizRiz Member

FDC may be a good option for you all around as they have the global coverage. In the past I ran projects over their that used quite a bit of bandwidth and it proved out to be the most cost efficient.

OVH SYS is nice and cheap too, but limits you demographically. Personally, I ran into problems with the bandwidth at times.

Online.net is a good choice for FR, but that is their only presence. Their network is great though and with the cost being so low it is probably your best choice for Europe.

• SYS in Canada isn't too bad to USA or Europe

• @gunner05 - what is your budget?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Multiple servers with a load balancer should work, I have a hypothetical theory to be able to distribute a file at 1.6Gbits by using 16 100mbit VPS's and a muti-threaded downloader.