Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with my Lowendspirit VPS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with my Lowendspirit VPS.

rahulksrahulks Member

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Can someone help me ?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

I am no expert on NAT but do you not need to have one of your 20 or whatever ports forwarded to port 80 on your VPS? After that it should be fine (he thinks).

• ATHKATHK Member

Just use CloudFlare's IPv6 to IPv4 translation, works a dream..

Thanked by 2Lee PremiumN
  • LeeLee Veteran

@ATHK said:
    Just use CloudFlare's IPv6 to IPv4 translation, works a dream..

Good call actually, never knew Cloudflare have that available.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Newer versions of the information on how to set it up.
    Otherwise, look here: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=1152

Topic says beta but it is working (most of the times)

• @Lee said:
    I am no expert on NAT but do you not need to have one of your 20 or whatever ports forwarded to port 80 on your VPS? After that it should be fine (he thinks).

Just a heads up, IME that's not how NAT hosting works. The forwarded ports (other than SSH) are directly forwarded: if your ports are 2000-2020, then generally port 2000 will be forwarded to 22, and 2001-2020 will be forwarded to ports 2001-2020 on your machine. It's up to you to configure your services to listen on those ports.

I haven't seen a port mapping system yet, though I also expected this before signing up with a NAT provider.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • So with LES there's a reverse proxy sitting on port 80, looking at requests and routing to the proper internal IP (still on port 80).

This is now done with a script for OG LES (InceptionHosting) locations and also NanoVZ. InceptionHosting uses HAProxy, NanoVZ uses Nginx.

CloudFlare is also a good option and adds a ton of extra features. I wrote a guide previously on how to setup CloudFlare with a LES box, so you can just stick with the IPv6 addresses for hosting websites http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=441

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah, no NAT needed, a reverse proxy is available.

• x4b.net