Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Dime or Vultr?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Dime or Vultr?

I can't decide which company to use, Vultr you get less for your money but will the performance be better?

Anyone compared the two and got a review?

VPS Dime or Vultr?
  1. VPS Dime or Vultr?106 votes
    1. VPSDime
      62.26%
    2. Vultr
      37.74%

Comments

• Vote for vultr,
    Many locations, great uptime, and the most important is HOURLY BILLING :D

• VPSDime, can't go wrong with them great support, uptime and quality.

Vultr if you want hourly billing for any reason along with a saturated network in some locations such as Sydney.. (may of been fixed). Support is ok with them.

Honestly you probably can't go wrong with either company, if you want bang for your buck however, VPSDime would be the way to go.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

VPSDime uses RAID for disk redundancy and the owner is a humble, hard worker. The other does not (only safe assumption) and is quite rude here. Would choose VPSDime.

• I'd go with VPSDime. As Jar said, he is a good guy and a hard worker. Also, their support is good too.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I would go for VPSDime.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@ATHK said:
    VPSDime, can't go wrong with them great support, uptime and quality.

Vultr if you want hourly billing for any reason along with a saturated network in some locations such as Sydney.. (may of been fixed). Support is ok with them.

Honestly you probably can't go wrong with either company, if you want bang for your buck however, VPSDime would be the way to go.

No issues with Sydney

• Vpsdime all the way.. still have their birthday box running without any problems

• Depends on your need and project as both uses different platforms. VPS DIme use Open VZ while Vultr use KVM. For me I have accounts on both and really happy with both.

• OVZ = VPSDime,

KVM = Vultr.

Personally I'd go with VPSDime as I have experience with Oktay and his team over Vultr.

• @wych Look at the new 'Premium VPS' line at VPSDime. High ram KVM.

My vote is for VPSDime. Every dollar I've spent with them has been well worth it. Minimal issues, and when an issue comes up you get the type of response you want in that situation. Lots of communication/ETAs/status updates.

• mikeyur said: Look at the new 'Premium VPS' line at VPSDime

Learn something new everyday.

• Definite for VPSDime, their ticket replies are insanely quick besides the fact that I've never had an issue that's been left unresolved.

• VPSDIME :)
    their support amazing fast :)

• I'd go for VPSDime, they're great :)

• You have to support the turk, VPSDime!

Thanked by 2JahAGR Infinity
  • VPSDime. Oktay and his services are GREAT!

• If I have a choice between supporting a nice guy (who's also very competent) or a jerk, I'll always choose the nice guy.

• I just have a $7/yr box with VPSDime but it's been great. No problems.

I only use Vultr when I need a temp machine or need a cheap Windows box (custom ISO) but I also haven't had problems with them.

• @Dylan said:
    If I have a choice between supporting a nice guy (who's also very competent) or a jerk, I'll always choose the nice guy.

Maybe you should clarify on that... (on who the jerk is)

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited February 2015

Ironically, my VPSDime $7 box has the highest uptime of all my servers.

18:07:09 up 170 days, 0 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.40, 0.28, 0.12

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited February 2015

@Silvenga said:
    Ironically, my VPSDime $7 box has the highest uptime of all my servers.

18:07:09 up 170 days, 0 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.40, 0.28, 0.12

mine runs great aswell, but looks like i rebooted mine a few days after i got it.

19:10:20 up 168 days, 8:48, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I also have a 500GB plan with them as a webserver and it is rock solid.

• PcJamesy said: mine runs great aswell, but looks like i rebooted mine a few days after i got it.

Looking through my servers I see that VPSDime gets second spot as well (one of the old storage plans):

18:13:15 up 129 days,  5:53,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.08, 0.09

I'm really liking VPSDime, I just wished they had KVM like their Windows servers, but without having to pay for a license as well. I guess the main benefit is that I actually trust VPSDime, can't quite say that about Vultr.

Somehow XVMLabs gets third place with 70 days uptime... hmmm...

• +1 for VPSDime, they have been rock solid for over a year. Got 9 VPSes with them.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@hostnoob said:
    Maybe you should clarify on that... (on who the jerk is)

Probably the one who took a rude shot at RamNode on this forum (Vultr), RamNode being literally run by the nicest guy around.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Jar said: RamNode being literally run by the nicest guy around.

Not sure I deserve that, but thanks man!

Thanked by 3jar ATHK TheKiller
  • @Jar said:
    Probably the one who took a rude shot at RamNode on this forum (Vultr), RamNode being literally run by the nicest guy around.

Call it a cheap joke, but I feel like the owner of Vultr has an ego that's higher than the recent uptime of their Australian location.

Thanked by 3jar ATHK TheKiller
  • @Jar said:

Yeah I knew who he was referring to of course, was just thinking about some people who didn't know about recent events

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Pwner said:
    Call it a cheap joke, but I feel like the owner of Vultr has an ego that's higher than the recent uptime of their Australian location.

That made me chuckle.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @davenz said:
    No issues with Sydney

This is literally the best joke I've heard all year!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • LeeLee Veteran

I voted vpsdime, not actually used that particular service but I have used other Serverian brands.