Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr.com Appreciation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr.com Appreciation

CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Hey Guys!

Just thought i'd share my experience with Vultr.

Seriously i'm amazed by the quality of service, my server uptime has been over a year no issues hosted in Australia on a $10 system the ability to restore VPS from australia to america transfer 40GB in minutes to LA or NY from Australia is just awesome and have had no issues with them.

Actually i lie had one issue with dns problem but sent a ticket through and 3minutes later got a response. Great service, fast network and highly recommend them.

Comments

• faultyserversfaultyservers Member
    edited February 2015

Has Vultr even been in business for a year?

EDIT: Nvm, looks like they have been

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

yep

• I've personally never had a problem at the Chicago location, fantastic.

• I had massive network issues with their Australian location all throughout December and January, which was about when I started using them. But all that seems to be over now and it's been great. Glad I stuck around.

• Vultr is one of the best hosts out there. NJ and Chicago locations are amazing, probably others too.

• I have one in UK since last 10 months and didn't faced any issues..

• Got one in NJ for almost a year and the service has been great as well as the support.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

The last couple of months the network was pretty spotty in their Sydney location. It has been very good this month though and I've been moving more of my development environments over.

@trewq said:
    The last couple of months the network was pretty spotty in their Sydney location. It has been very good this month though and I've been moving more of my development environments over.

What do you mean spotty, what issues? speed? outage?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@davenz said:
    What do you mean spotty, what issues? speed? outage?

Both. I suspect they didn't have enough bandwidth. Seems to be fine now though.

• So how much credit are they giving you for this?

Australia, vultr, full year of uptime.

These words shouldnt be in the same sentence.

Just look at even their own forums, locked topics about sydneys "woeful" network, hell even look on this forum for a couple of topics where they said they fixed their network atleast 3 times yet nothing changed, it took 3 support tickets, and screenshots of the owners own posts on the forums to get my refund from them.

What you've written here looks dodgey, even though you've called it a "appreciation" your still basically reviewing your services that they've provided, so please show us these perfect uptime graphs and proof that your a customer with them.

Thanked by 4fitvpn Joery jar Amitz
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

@Rhys_quadex Because you are pissed off with Vultr, do you think you have the right to attack a LET member (ant not a 0 day one) that has a different opinion or experience than you? Who do you think you are that makes you be able to accuse @davenz for paid review, just because he likes his service?
    If you call yourself a provider, you should know better that there are clients who will like youw service and some others that will have problems.
    OP does not need to provide any "proof" you ask, you maybe should have to give us proofs that he did a paid review just because some other clients from Vultr had problems with AU location... Shame on you

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • As per forum rules he needs to supply proof to someone Mod or users if requested, im not a provider anymore(Havnt changed name).

This sort of review is what will screw over someone new to VPS purchasing, they see a 99% positive forum post and think gee arnt they great!

I'm pissed of that this guy is claiming uptime whilst vultr has its own forum posts with a great bunch of customers claiming to the contrary.

The "how much credit are they giving you" comment was to mock the simplicity and narrowness of this review, no statistics or real data is given just "Boy these guys are great, and they can solve my problems in minutes :)!!!! "

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

Lee (You changed your name so we can't tag you!) @mpkossen @mikho

• @trewq said:

I'd be suspicious of people leaving the service, therefore freeing up bandwidth.

Thanked by 2Monsta_AU TheKiller
  • @Rhys_quadex said:
    As per forum rules he needs to supply proof to someone Mod or users if requested, im not a provider anymore(Havnt changed name).

This sort of review is what will screw over someone new to VPS purchasing, they see a 99% positive forum post and think gee arnt they great!

I'm pissed of that this guy is claiming uptime whilst vultr has its own forum posts with a great bunch of customers claiming to the contrary.

The "how much credit are they giving you" comment was to mock the simplicity and narrowness of this review, no statistics or real data is given just "Boy these guys are great, and they can solve my problems in minutes :)!!!! "

I don't know anything about their sydney location but have you tried their others? I've had seriously great uptime with their US locations.

• How much did they pay you to post this?

Thanked by 1ivanivanov

Guys haha, settle down....I wish i was working for them then i would get VPS for free! :)

I find there service good, to me, it's like going to a mechanic with your car might be a good garage however someone else works on your car and you might not have a great experience that time round. All im saying is that i have tried Digital Ocean, Linode(great too) but the reason i went with Vultr is the vast multiple platforms all over the world...there are not many around at this price point so stop being disgruntled.

• They have 14 locations, just because they have issue with ONE location or maybe two, it don't mean that the company is rubbish? Etc, I have used Vultr.com since the soft launch now, so over 1 year++. But I don't use exotic places like Japan or Australia, I use mostly their locations in Europe. I have had two VPS running since the start, one in Netherlands and one in France. They had a 10mbit cap on the Netherlands node for some time, but it's gone now. I have used, and using their storage VPS in the US. No issue at all.

So a person can have a good expiration with a company like Vultr, without having the same issue like some other customers on other locations.
    And, you have to look at the use the OP have.. Maybe he just have it, don't expect much from it, have no important site on it etc, and therefor is not impacted like others that uses their server to more important stuff, and maybe sit and do benchmark/linespeed test all day long, just to prove there is something wrong.

I do not work for Vultr, and I'm not paid anything for writing this post.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • davenz said: All im saying is that i have tried Digital Ocean, Linode(great too)

Did you tried someone else, other than Vultr, DO and Linode? :D

Thanked by 1ivanivanov
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@fitvpn said:
    Did you tried someone else, other than Vultr, DO and Linode? :D

Did someone say RamNode? Pretty sure I heard someone say it. No one? Oh well.

RamNode.

Thanked by 2Nick_A ATHK
  • There nothing about GVH and Hostrail.. :P

• I'll have to admit the only location the gave me problems was Sidney. The rest of vultr net work seems fairly decent. I've not seen any pronghorns when I was testing Japan either though.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@davenz said:

As mentioned above, the rules require you to have some proof of service to write a review. Somehow the community tends to be more interested in proof of service for a positive review then for a negative one.
    You can either post a somewhat censored image here in this thread or PM me or any of the other mods with a screenshot of your service with them.

messaged you mikho

Okay wow! im gonna eat my words, I have run into network issues on sydney for the first time on my VPS tonight...I contacted Vultr they advised that they are continuing to montior the issue....hmmm

• Vultr Sydney is a mess! I'm going to request SLA credit again.

• Au Vultr is ...sad, to say the least.

Sorry good sir, your 'review' and public history does not match up.

• @0xdragon said:
    Vultr Sydney is a mess! I'm going to request SLA credit again.

Nothings changed in the past few months then..