Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need LES for VPN with good pings to Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need LES for VPN with good pings to Asia

Hello,

My ISP is messing with me a lot & facing too much DNS issues with them.

Have planned to set up a VPN & to use that to improve the latency as well as to get rid of those DNS issues.

I've a LES in Japan but don't want to use that as VPN as I'm having ~400ms & all VPS/Dedi I have in US also have ~300m pings.

Anyone who can offer a LES with good pings to Pakistan, Asia ? Was trying to know Test IPs but couldn't find that on lowendspirit.

Comments

• Can you give me IP for me to test (PM me it ;))

• Is oneasiahost.com okay? It's in SG.

• @tragic has optimized IPs for Asia with test IP. I never used them though.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/909060/

• I'm not sure there are any Low-end priced hosts in Pakistan, let alone LES priced.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Can you give me IP for me to test (PM me it ;))

Sent :)

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    Is oneasiahost.com okay? It's in SG.

Looks good ~180ms pings but unfortunately doesn't meet my budget, will prefer something with NAT as dedicated IPv4 will be overkill :)

@Falco33 said:
    tragic has optimized IPs for Asia with test IP. I never used them though.

Check this thing ;)

THEIR ASIA OPTIMIZED TEST IP:
    C:\Users\Sady>ping 204.152.218.25

Pinging 204.152.218.25 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 204.152.218.25: bytes=32 time=421ms TTL=240
    Reply from 204.152.218.25: bytes=32 time=428ms TTL=240
    Reply from 204.152.218.25: bytes=32 time=347ms TTL=240
    Reply from 204.152.218.25: bytes=32 time=470ms TTL=240

THEIR REGULAR IP:
    C:\Users\Sady>ping 198.55.111.5

Pinging 198.55.111.5 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 198.55.111.5: bytes=32 time=416ms TTL=48
    Reply from 198.55.111.5: bytes=32 time=326ms TTL=48
    Reply from 198.55.111.5: bytes=32 time=459ms TTL=48
    Reply from 198.55.111.5: bytes=32 time=481ms TTL=48

Have much better pings on my own virtualized nodes but looking for something more better :)

• @Nekki said:
    I'm not sure there are any Low-end priced hosts in Pakistan, let alone LES priced.

There is not even a regular priced host here I mean one hosted in Pakistan.

A small VPS will be going to cost ~$50/month & most of the chances are provider wouldn't know TUN/TAP things :)

• working ona full list for ya

• sent

Thanked by 1Sady
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

said: I've a LES in Japan but don't want to use that as VPN as I'm having ~400ms & all VPS/Dedi I have in US also have ~300m pings.

Are you sure you don't have lower pings to Europe, than to USA?
    Tested from OVH in SBG, I have 130-160ms ping to some Pakistan IPs.
    Post a test IP for your ISP (e.g. their website address).

• @rm_ said:
    Post a test IP for your ISP (e.g. their website address).

Actually most of the Europe locations has great pings specifically figured out that Netherlands has very low pings ~150ms to my location so going for it ;)

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    sent

Thank you so much mate, you showed me great things :)

@mikho @W1V_Lee You guys can close this thread ;)

• LeeLee Veteran

No rush, some others may find this useful and want to chime in, glad you got some good info though.

Thanked by 1emdad
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    No rush, some others may find this useful and want to chime in, glad you got some good info though.

Did a large ping list for him RBX,NL and DE were under 200ms US+Japan were 350+

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

said: Was trying to know Test IPs but couldn't find that on lowendspirit.

Since the service is NAT there are no published IP on the site to avoid bad people getting them the easy way.
    If you want a test ip, send a pre-sale ticket to the provider who offers the locations that you are interested in.

• So south Asia has really high latency to East and S.E.Asia? OAH works well in China...
    Quadranet's (tragicserver is in this DC) Asia optimize is to mainly East Asia.
    Maybe you can try edis.at Israel... but really high budget.
    Try some Europe DCs?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

If you pm me, maybe our new NJ location can do it. I can provide you a test IP on demand.

Regards, David

• @Falco33 said:
    tragic has optimized IPs for Asia with test IP. I never used them though.

Thanks for the mention. We have a $7/Yr VPS that's perfect for VPNs.

https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=139

let me know if you have any questions.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2015

There is very little that has good access to Pakistan, most DSL providers there only utilize two routes: 1. Singtel to Asia (very limited usage) and 2. Seabone into Italy/Germany/Netherlands

If you are looking for the lowest latency options, they are going to be in Italy, Netherlands or Germany as that is the peering point for Seabone which is used for the bulk of Pakistan's communications. I know this from experience because a guy I work with is from there and we have tried many different locations to see what works best.

I would suggest a vps from Prometeus in Italy (CDLan) or a server from Inception Hosting in Netherlands (i3d). Either will give you about 170-190ms latency, while most other locations your going to see over 200+.

If you go about trying to find something that peers well in Asia, good luck, in my experience there isn't much that peers to Pakistan in Asia with lower than 200ms+ latency.

Edit: I love how providers from the US come here and tell you to try and test without any understanding of the network path. The only things in the US that is going to be realistic to Pakistan is something in Ashburn, VA and if you choose that, you are still peering in Italy then being sent across to the US. There is no direct route from the US to Pakistan.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Hello,

We have our Datacenter in New Delhi, India. You can check our plans below:

www.cloudbells.com/cloud

LEB available @ $10 per year.

• cloudbells said: LEB available @ $10 per year

I don't see that listed on your site.. Do you have a direct think to the product?

• said: My ISP is messing with me a lot & facing too much DNS issues with them.

PTCL?

• @ATHK said:
    I don't see that listed on your site.. Do you have a direct think to the product?

Here is the direct link:

https://my.cloudbells.com/cart.php?gid=4

• @cloudbells said:

Insecure SSL cert FYI.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
  • @ATHK said:

Which browser? Can you please PM screenshot if possible?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

XIAOSpider97 said: So south Asia has really high latency to East and S.E.Asia?

TheLinuxBug said: most DSL providers there only utilize two routes: 1. Singtel to Asia (very limited usage) and 2. Seabone into Italy/Germany/Netherlands

So it's exactly as I thought, Pakistan is more "Europe" than Asia, as far as networking is concerned.

500GB Monthly Bandwidth

For $10/year? In India? Something smells not right here.

• @rm_ said:

There is only one major ISP in Pakistan, PTCL and now from past year cellular companies have started offering 3G and couple of offering LTE.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2015

@rm_ said:

Don't know how credible these are..

http://www.pr.com/press-release/563462

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/KTPL+Opens+New+Data+Center+in+New+Delhi,+Names+It+CloudBells.com..-a0370846707

They seem like they're a post your own news type sites..

• @mikho said:
    If you want a test ip, send a pre-sale ticket to the provider who offers the locations that you are interested in.

Yup that was a way, but @TinyTunnel_Tom helped a lot & pinged for me :) NL seems to be best location.

@TheKiller said:
    PTCL ?

Yup no one can beat their network (in the aspect of issues) ;)

Also have Connect as backup connection ( connect.net.pk ).

@Nyr said:
    Guys, be careful before buying from cloudbells:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/924192/#Comment_924192

Thank you for notifying us,

Was seeing his offer & noticed 4 dedicated IPv4 in $10/m & intended to say "no please" ;).

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    There is very little that has good access to Pakistan, most DSL providers there only utilize two routes: 1. Singtel to Asia (very limited usage) and 2. Seabone into Italy/Germany/Netherlands

If you are looking for the lowest latency options, they are going to be in Italy, Netherlands or Germany as that is the peering point for Seabone which is used for the bulk of Pakistan's communications. I know this from experience because a guy I work with is from there and we have tried many different locations to see what works best.

I would suggest a vps from Prometeus in Italy (CDLan) or a server from Inception Hosting in Netherlands (i3d). Either will give you about 170-190ms latency, while most other locations your going to see over 200+.

If you go about trying to find something that peers well in Asia, good luck, in my experience there isn't much that peers to Pakistan in Asia with lower than 200ms+ latency.

Edit: I love how providers from the US come here and tell you to try and test without any understanding of the network path. The only things in the US that is going to be realistic to Pakistan is something in Ashburn, VA and if you choose that, you are still peering in Italy then being sent across to the US. There is no direct route from the US to Pakistan.

Cheers!

Wuhoo, you know much about Pakistan which I never knew before.

And yes routes to NL & RBX seems the best where i can get LEB in my budget :)

Going for a LES from inceptionhosting in NL & another from bandwagonhost in NL :)