Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying small webhosting business or clients
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying small webhosting business or clients

click4easyclick4easy Member
edited February 2015 in General

Hello.

I'm looking to buy small web/vps hosting business or clients for a price between $100-200. Any profitable web hosting related opportunity is welcome. Please pm.

Thank you

Comments

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2015

I'm sorry,

but $200 for a web host? What's that? You'll be buying a company with like 4 customers earning a stupid amount per month...

Companies won't sell out to you for that money.

You'll send up losing your "$200" investment as per say, as al the customers will be either on $0.99 plans.. and won't take much care or loyalty. In a nutshell you'll be buying kids.

I brought one November last year, out of the 10 customers 9 stayed which was a good result for me. Because they was MATURE customers, they was all in there 30's +

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

I can deliver a ready to go WHMCS system for that price; brand new ready for whatever you want to launch. No customers though.

MSPNick said: but $200 for a web host? What's that?

I'm sure a deadpooling host would sell up for that, pretty much nobody else would.

MSPNick said: I brought one November last year, out of the 10 customers 9 stayed which was a good result for me. Because they was MATURE customers, they was all in there 30's +

For more than $200 right?

• @wych said:
    I can deliver a ready to go WHMCS system for that price; brand new ready for whatever you want to launch. No customers though.

For more than $200 right?

Yes - but the company was messy to sort out lots more then $200...

Company had a lot of debt around it so I took it over and now working through it...

• @MSPNick @wych Thank you for your prompt feedback.

• Anyone else?

• i believe those company worth around usd200 rather to close down the company.

• admsam said: i believe those company worth around usd200 rather to close down the company.

It all depends. There are cases of people giving things away for free even depending on the deal, but it's rare and not going to be open on LET, e.g. with IBM earlier...

• jhjh Member

When I was in the hosting game, customers were worth roughly 9-12 months revenue, so a bit of maths says you can have one customer paying $20/month or two customers paying $10/month. LOL

• I just recently got lucky on Thursday. That was in your budget range... But he is shutting down so that's why I got the deal I did.

• @MSPNick Where did you buy it?

• @click4easy said:
    MSPNick Where did you buy it?

A previous customer of ours.