Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating OVZ templates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Creating OVZ templates

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited August 2012 in General

This might be a noob question, but can somebody guide me, or link me to a good guide to creating OVZ CentOS templates?

I searched pretty far, and the one on OVZ forums is kind of confusing.

Comments

• template to what?

• TazTaz Member

Howtoforge can help.

• @lele0108 said: I searched pretty far, and the one on OVZ forums is kind of confusing.

The top result from Google seems fairly relevant, I've used this myself many times

http://wiki.openvz.org/Creating_a_CentOS_5.0_Template

While it is for CentOS 5, it will work for any distro if you just start with a base template and configure it how you wish.

• The easiest way is to take a preexisting template, install it to a container, make the changes you want, shut it down, tar it up. Done.

Thanked by 1lele0108
  • @subigo said: The easiest way is to take a preexisting template, install it to a container, make the changes you want, shut it down, tar it up. Done.

Wasn't sure if you could do that or not, but awesome, just what I needed.

Thanks!

• Its literally as easy as taring a container, although you have to remove some files first.