Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Upgrade completed

Upgrade completed

RandyRandy Disabled
edited August 2012 in Providers

Upgrade completed

Comments

• Seems like this would be better posted on your website or emailed directly to your clients...

RamNode: High Performance SSD and SSD-Cached VPS
    New York - Atlanta - Seattle - Netherlands - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
  • joodlejoodle Disabled

@Randy said: You are given 24 Hours to migrate your data to the new VPS

You not gonna do that yourself?

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • RandyRandy Disabled

well. just incase they do miss it :)

• I think your clients need to know this. I don't give two shits - and probably neither does anybody else here unless they're your client.

Just my 2 cents.

• RandyRandy Disabled

@joodle said: You not gonna do that yourself?

unfortunately not

• RandyRandy Disabled

ignore this then. this is just a notice

• joodlejoodle Disabled

@Randy said: unfortunately not

So, for example: You got a client wich is away, or didn't read this or an email And you remove his VPS after 24 hours, and all his data is lost What you gonna do then?

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@Randy said: unfortunately not

I think you should

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• RandyRandy Disabled

well. i guess i could wait up to 3 days :)

that is all i can do :

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@Randy said: well. i guess i could wait up to 3 days :) that is all i can do :

Can't follow the logic bro

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

Thanked by 1Asim
  • joodlejoodle Disabled

@Randy said: well. i guess i could wait up to 3 days :)

But still, you are asking the client to move all data, because you are gonna do shit with your node

Good host... if i were you i would transfer all data myself, and not let the client do that

• I forgot this was twitter.

• Fix your capitals.

The Original Daniel.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited August 2012

Hello, This is a official announcement letting TheHostingSquad.com's Customers know that We will be Upgrading Our Main Server at GMT +8 (6.30PM)/6AM CST (24 Aug 2012) The Upgrade could take up to an Hour to be completed.

It's Like Your Randomly Choosing Words To Begin With A Capital Letter

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• ZenZen Member
    1. Mass email to client.

2. Migrate for them, simple hard drive switch or just mirror the data.

3. Unless you have many clients from LEB, a LEB offering..etc. It really doesn't need to be here.

• @SimpleNode said: It's Like Your Randomly Choosing Words To Begin With A Capital Letter

There's no random in them capitals.

The Original Daniel.

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited August 2012

apologies, i guess i should not even started this thread.

@Zen

• @Randy - Yes, I Don't think That you should Have started this Thread.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Wow bad idea! If I choose windows as the OS there have got to be reason for that,ie: application that only ran natively on windows.

You can't force client to migrate from one OS to the other within 24 hours! Imagine someone having 10 active websites, do you have any idea how much work it involves backing up, restoring and setting up the new vps.

I would be personally pissed if this happen to me.

vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

• RandyRandy Disabled

@cosmicgate said: Wow bad idea! If I choose windows as the OS there have got to be reason for that,ie: application that only ran natively on windows.

You can't force client to migrate from one OS to the other within 24 hours! Imagine someone having 10 active websites, do you have any idea how much work it involves backing up, restoring and setting up the new vps.

i am sorry that you feel pissed about this.

• VictorVictor Member
    edited August 2012

@cosmicgate said: Wow bad idea! If I choose windows as the OS there have got to be reason for that,ie: application that only ran natively on windows.

That's not what's happening here...if I am understanding this correctly, he's asking the clients to transfer from the second node to an upgraded main node. And as a side note, he's also announcing that OpenVZ is coming soon, hence the option to change to Linux if his clients choose to. I am guessing he's freeing up the 2nd node for OpenVZ once all the clients are migrated, but I am just guessing, so don't take my word for it.

FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

Thanked by 1Randy
  • I dont see where it is mandatory to move to linux. Leaving that aside, this is very short notice, hopefully nobody stores important data on 1 $ VPS :) M

top - 22:32:38 up 906 days, 2:58, 1 user, load average: 3.94, 5.13, 8.38

Thanked by 2Randy TheHackBox
  • serverbearserverbear Member
    edited August 2012

Surely it's pretty straight forward to copy the array from one node to another? If you leave the responsibility to the client you risk losing them as a customer.

If my host gave me 24 hours to manually move everything I'd move it elsewhere, that's downright outrageous.

@Randy Is there a way to attach drama to every thread you post? I can't find the button.

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
    Thanked by 2jcaleb tux
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@Randy never fails...

• RandyRandy Disabled

process has started

• RandyRandy Disabled

Upgrade completed

• That was quick.... (from 7:21AM to 7:42AM EST)

Shane Elmore | Programmer In Progress

• RandyRandy Disabled

:)

• RandyRandy Disabled

Thread can be closed//

• dataegdataeg Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy actually you need to give your customers more respect , if i were your customer (and thanks to jesus) i am not i would like to have my host notice sent to mail not on LET, I would like to have my data moved and assured it's move by my host since it's not my problem that you are moving i would like to have my host understand that without me he cannot survive

hope you understand

• You really weren't going to migrate your own client's data? Srsly? Wtf do people pay you for?

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
    Thanked by 2TheHackBox jamson
  • RandyRandy Disabled

@dataeg said: @Randy actually you need to give your customers more respect , if i were your customer (and thanks to jesus) i am not i would like to have my host notice sent to mail not on LET, I would like to have my data moved and assured it's move by my host since it's not my problem that you are moving i would like to have my host understand that without me he cannot survive

hope you understand

No, you should be showing respect to jesus instead.

i do have LET Customers, its just a short notice

its Self Managed, they are given 48hours or 3 days if they request, do you have any idea how big is the data? ( dont wish to do it, i might make things worst. do you any any idea that how long that will take? Migration of Xen? its faster for them to move it manually) when your VPS starts to crash when there is no ram?

i am not your provider

alittle.

closed thread

• @Randy said: No, you should be showing respect to jesus instead.

• @Randy said: guess i should not even start a thread

FTFY

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
  • RandyRandy Disabled

@Damian said: You really weren't going to migrate your own client's data? Srsly? Wtf do people pay you for?

why dont you migrate for me then? its self Managed. and MY Tos dosent cover migration. THE data is too big to migrate

• RandyRandy Disabled

This thread is not even meant for you Guys

• @Randy said: This thread is not even meant for you Guys

This thread should never have been started, like 99.9% of the threads you start

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 2Randy TheHackBox

You posted it on a public forum. Bazinga?

Don't tell me where i can and can't post.

Anyway i want to give you a last piece of advice: Stop TheHostingSquad now. The more money you spend on it, the more money you will loose.

• @Shane_Elmore said: That was quick.... (from 7:21AM to 7:42AM EST)

Course it was quick, he didn't migrate any data :P

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • RandyRandy Disabled

@gsrdgrdghd said: Don't tell me where i can and can't post.

Anyway i want to give you a last piece of advice: Stop TheHostingSquad now. The more money you spend on it, the more money you will loose.

i am not sure why are you starting a war here.?

-.-

/Requesting to close this thread, just because i did not migrate the data? why dont you migrate for me?

• @Randy said: why dont you migrate for me?

Not sure if serious...

• @Randy said: i am not sure why are you starting a war here.?

How am i starting a war? I was giving you reasonable advice and i'm sure anyone around here will agree.

• Um. I've been following these two threads. One regarding leaked Win2k3 server key and this one. As a paying customer, I am totally dissapointed.

There's no communication sent to customers regarding the node migration. I don't know if you think USD 3.95 per month looks measly for you. But I am frustrated seeing you taking everything for granted.

blusmurf.net

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited August 2012

@blusmurf said: There's no communication sent to customers regarding the node migration.

i am still getting the new vps ready. for users to migrate, i am not GOD it takes time. if you people would stop bashing that will really help me speed this up

• @Randy self managed don`t include the host company fault. i self manage my data and software but the company manage the nodes so it's your responsibility

Simple as ABC

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: Upgrade completed

@Randy said: i am still getting the new vps ready.

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@Randy its your decision that you want your 2nd node to be OVZ. It's unfair to pass the work to your clients.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: why dont you migrate for me then?

Sure! Migrating is extremely easy. Makes me wonder why you're throwing your clients under the bus. They give you money, after all.

I think a good price for this service is $200. Where can I send the invoice to?

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.