Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maxmind rejecting orders because city not recognized
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Maxmind rejecting orders because city not recognized

smansman Member
edited February 2015 in General

Anyone else suddenly getting these? I have the settings turned way down so it only rejects for some major things. Never saw it reject because it doesn't recognize the city before. Also got a rejection because of the postal code the other day. Again, haven't seen that before. This is on latest WHMCS.

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2015

Does this city really exist in the country specified? Can you find it on google maps?
    Yes, we got one rejection for "city not found" recently, but this city really doesn't exist. Not in the country that was specified anyway.

• smansman Member
    edited February 2015

It's a city in a foreign country with that odd lettering with the 2 dots over the letter. It does exist but I'm wondering if Maxmind doesn't like the lettering.

Also got a rejection yesterday because of the postal code. Not foreign country. Again, haven't seen that before. I'm wondering if something changed with Maxmind.

• smansman Member
    edited February 2015

I'm not the only one. They did make some changes recently. I only recently upgraded to that version they are talking about. It's kind of dumb. If the customer types the name in wrong or the slightest error it marks the order as fraud. No way to disable that.

Doesn't seem to matter what you have the score set at. Same with the postal code. Doesn't seem to recognize some city names spelled the way they would be in the native language with native characters. So that alone is a show stopper to flat out mark every order as fraud because of it.

My only option has been to disable Maxmind completely. Seems to me they used to have an option to have Maxmind do checks and give a score but not to proactively ban. I don't even see that option any more.
    http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?93371-Maxmind-flagging-every-order-as-fraud

• recently had a city frauded because the client entered it as one word instead of having a space in the city name.

• They buggy and made by weird folks.

• Apparently they are looking into adding a feature to disable city check.