Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O

gianggiang Member
edited August 2012 in General

I saw an offer from BudgetVM on WHT, they offer $48/year for 1GB RAM + 1GB Swap, 4 core E5-2620, 80GB HDD, 3TB BW. Here is a quick test from freevps script:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
Number of cores : 4
CPU frequency :  2000.135 MHz
Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
System uptime :   5 min,
Download speed from CacheFly: 24.6MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 5.25MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 14.8MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.52MB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 7.68MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.24MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.56MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 29.3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 15.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 11.5MB/s
I/O speed :  634 MB/s

The offer said port speed is 100Mpbs, but it seems it's 1Gbps :D It's really impressive :D

Comments

• I'm doing serverbear benchmark right now. ;D

• @giang You order vps from which location? :o

• I saw that offer yesterday. It's OpenVZ right? Seems like LA is having better connection to Asia

My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
  • Is this OpenVZ with VSwap or burst? They advertise burst, but the details above say swap.

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
  • JackJack Member

@giang said: BudgetVM on WHT,

Link?

• gianggiang Member
    edited August 2012

@concerto49 said: Is this OpenVZ with VSwap or burst? They advertise burst, but the details above say swap

SolusVM said Swap :D

@budingyun said: @giang You order vps from which location? :o

I'm ordering LA location because it got good connection to Viet Nam :D

@Randy said: Good for you to send out spams sir?

Thank you mate. I'm thinking of it =)

@Jack said: Link?

This is not promotional offer, you can find the order link on their website: budgetvm.com ;)

@ErawanArifNugroho said: I saw that offer yesterday. It's OpenVZ right? Seems like LA is having better connection to Asia

Yes, it's OpenVZ :D

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho Yes, nice ping here from Malaysia to their LA location.

@concerto49 It's OpenVZ with VSwap.

• Great stuff. Been looking for some lower end LEB with VSwap. Looking forward to the serverbears.

• My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
  • 4.99 for those stats and 3 IPs? Has anyone used or heard of this provider before?

• @Soylent said: 4.99 for those stats and 3 IPs? Has anyone used or heard of this provider before?

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - US Central (Xen/VMWare/Other): BudgetVM (Enzu)

• So far it's the best price performance ratio I've ever seen.

• This offer is truly unreal...

[email protected]
  • budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@Jeffrey Price from 2 weeks ago: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1180623

I think the current promo is for limited time only.

• I am sure this offer will becoming a shitty dirt. 'cause they have to oversell heavily for this price.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • I agree with @dearroy. To sustain a dedicated server from being oversold, you have to come up with sustainable prices. At this price point, especially coming from a big host, how many VPS's do you think they would have to load on the dedicated server to earn profit back? Quite a lot, actually. I am sorry, but this has been proven with both Chicagovps.net $7/Month 2GB Ram VPS's and VolumeDrive's $4.95/Month 2GB Ram VPS's.

[email protected]
    Thanked by 2dearroy Inglar
  • dearroydearroy Member
    edited August 2012

@Jeffrey said: To sustain a dedicated server from being oversold, you have to come up with sustainable prices. At this price point, especially coming from a big host, how many VPS's do you think they would have to load on the dedicated server to earn profit back? Quite a lot, actually. I am sorry, but this has been proven with both Chicagovps.net $7/Month 2GB Ram VPS's and VolumeDrive's $4.95/Month 2GB Ram VPS's.

Yep just look at ChicagoVPS miragated those bargain takers to New York and VD's non-response support. I am sure BudgetVM will be the follower if they keep doing this.

• @dearroy, I actually own 4 VPS's with VolumeDrive, I get a response to every Email I send out to them for support in less than an hour at most.

[email protected]
  • @Jeffrey said: I get a response to every Email I send out to them for support in less than an hour at most.

You are trying to persuade me to buy a VD's VPS right? :P I usually spotted some post about their poor support in WHT but I myself never have never used thier VPS and Dedicated. Maybe i should modify my comment.

• @dearroy said: I am sure this offer will becoming a shitty dirt. 'cause they have to oversell heavily for this price.

Well, we will see in a month if they oversold or not :D

• @giang said: Well, we will see in a month if they oversold or not :D

Of course it will be oversold. Every provider oversells. The question should be formatted to "Will it be overloaded".

• @giang said: we will see in a month if they oversold or not :D

Told William to PM you how many containers they are hosted on that server.sir.:D

• the new Xen packages seem great too.

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited August 2012

///

• TazTaz Disabled

Bah, oversell, big deal. Get one of those 512gb ram and raid 10 16tb from @web_host.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• JarJar Member

What makes this interesting is that this type of oversell isn't usually accompanied by such high I/O results, even early on. Usually they keep the investment low, and I can't think of a way to hit those numbers without at least pretending to care a little. They have my attention.

• But it's hard to oversell Xen, unless the I/O or network slows to shit.

I might try them out. Everything is cheap.

And dedicated servers with unlimited IPs :D

~ Jimmy VortexUnit. Who likes poptart.cats?
  • TazTaz Disabled

@jarland write cache ;) @mitgib can explain a helluva lot better than me though.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• JarJar Member

@Taz_NinjaHawk Yeah but I mean...that high? Still gotta be a nice controller right?

• I shot them an email about their OVZs and got a very speedy response from Nick. He says these prices are subject to change later, but these are intended to be their new standard prices, and that if you sign up at these prices they won't change for you. I have my doubts about the level of service they'll be able to maintain, but the call of the LEB is strong. I'll probably end up trying one out for a month or two.

• RandyRandy Disabled

Unlimited IPS? could have a mix of blaclisted ones

• @budingyun said: @giang Share with me too. :D

I will share when I got it :D

• @lele0108 said: And dedicated servers with unlimited IPs :D

You wont get as many IPs as you expected. unless you get unbeatable reasons.

• One of the best offers from a good provider in recent days. I don't have a budget/need to add new vps at these locations, so i am sadly letting this pass ;|

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited August 2012

Don't pay yearly to new/shady/suspicious companies. Don't pay yearly for offers that seem too good to be true. They also offer it at $4.99 per month, which looks more sane to try out... ...but the package also includes 3xIPv4, seriously? This can't posssibly work long-term, I'd say.

• @rm_ said: ...but the package also includes 3xIPv4, seriously? This can't posssibly work long-term, I'd say.

Considering that they are giving out unlimited IPs for dedicated servers, I'm guessing they are sitting on a large stock of un-used IPs.

~ Jimmy VortexUnit. Who likes poptart.cats?
  • @lele0108 said: I'm guessing they are sitting on a large stock of un-used IPs.

I dont really agree with you,i just think this is a certain promo method to attract potential buyers. If everyone can request UNLIMITED IPs from them,ARIN will cry because IPv4 is running out.:P

• http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1172313

Price from 1 month ago for their XEN big big deal:

BudgetVM - 1 GB Ram - $48/YEAR !!84% off

XEN VPS-1GB 1 GB Ram 2 GB Swap 40 GB Storage 1000 GB Transfer 3 IP Addresses

any one got it? how about it now?

• @ynzheng said: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1172313

Price from 1 month ago for their XEN big big deal:

BudgetVM - 1 GB Ram - $48/YEAR !!84% off

XEN VPS-1GB 1 GB Ram 2 GB Swap 40 GB Storage 1000 GB Transfer 3 IP Addresses

any one got it? how about it now?

I was trying to grab this offer, but they blocked access from Viet Nam that time :\ (Return 403 when access their website :D)

Thanked by 1tinyray
  • ynzhengynzheng Member
    edited August 2012

@rm_ said: This can't posssibly work long-term, I'd say.

so you mean maybe BudgetVM.com is new/shady/suspicious company?

I donot think so ,BudgetVM.com Enzu Inc Created:2007-07-04

Own all of their own hardware and software like 5 Owned License No Branding WHMCS

same price with nodedeploy.com big deal @ http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3935/phoenix-4.95-1024mb-ram-60gb-hd-1gbit-port

but better reputation and big DISK\MEM\Swap\IPs

so maybe I should cancel my nodedeploy vps and get one from BudgetVM

• Giang, Can you run this command on your box: dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum and post the result back here?

• @tinyray said: Giang, Can you run this command on your box: dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum and post the result back here?

Here it is:

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.55435 s, 302 MB/s
    cd573cfaace07e7949bc0c46028904ff  -

• MaouniqueMaounique Member
    edited August 2012

FFS... I go grab one. Will try to install windows inside :D Beat Erawan at his own game :D M

Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my drive A: ?

• @Soylent said: He says these prices are subject to change later, but these are intended to be their new standard prices, and that if you sign up at these prices they won't change for you.

Is the 15$ plan going to stay?

Selling multiple 2000-user GApps :) Shoot me a message to make an offer.

• nice result

HostingInside - Taiwan, US, UK, Germany XEN VPS Provider + RAID 10 + Daily & Offsite Backup
  • @Maounique said: FFS... I go grab one. Will try to install windows inside :D Beat Erawan at his own game :D M

The new offer is OpenVZ and the old was Xen but expired :D Haha