Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O

Comments

• your problem could be that they dont support the mppe kernel module. you can test this by editing your server config to disable mppe encryption and then restarting pptp and trying to reconnect.

• Hmm... since when rapidxen has become part of Enzu?

• gianggiang Veteran

@eLohkCalb said: Hmm... since when rapidxen has become part of Enzu?

2008? Or they were owned by Enzu from the beginning? I saw an offer from 2008 when search WHT, from Enzu employee (link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=881612)

• @giang: I think the signature was changed recently, it was SystemInPlace sometime ago. (Pondering...)

• @eLohkCalb enzu bought SIP's virtualization business a few months ago for our intellectual property and custom kernel engineering capacity. that's all i'm going to say about it for now. draw your own conclusions :)

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Only difference here is that they are offering swap instead of dedicated resources :)

• Chris
  • @nenolod

It was arguable it was the best Xen VPS' I had before it's imitation of a yo-yo. I may come back around and give them a try; I'm very happy with my EaseVPS (OpenVZ) and my LFCVPS (Xen).

• ChanChan Member

When you think about it they are turning in more than $600 per month even if they don't oversell ($4.99X120ish) at all. I'll be getting one later from BudgetVM and see how's it like (I can host a minecraft server there if anyone wants to see how's it like lol)

• BBTNBBTN Member

@connercg
    Wich monitoring service is it you're using? Screenshot looks familiar but I don't know where from.

• @lele0108 said: But it's hard to oversell Xen, unless the I/O or network slows to shit.

Pretty sure there are xen providers out there who do memory ballooning but still charge the premium 'non-oversold' price.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited August 2012

Wich monitoring service is it you're using? Screenshot looks familiar but I don't know where from.

@BBTN
    Uptime Robot

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • @CVPS_Chris "Dedicated Resources" - It's just a marketing term, yours could be oversold too. ;)

• gianggiang Veteran

My VPS is offline :\ Anyone on node dc03r02ds30 encounter this issue?

My VPS is down too :-\

• gianggiang Veteran

@blusmurf said: My VPS is down too :-\

It seems network issue because it happened 2 days, up/down/up/down... but my VPS is not offline when I could access to it (uptime still 5 days+)

They also have 100% uptime SLA (https://www.budgetvm.com/sla.php), does anybody know how to claim the credit? :D

• My best bet, open a ticket, let them know you're not able to access the VPS, and claim free uptime credit ;)

• gianggiang Veteran

@blusmurf said: My best bet, open a ticket, let them know you're not able to access the VPS, and claim free uptime credit ;)

I did open a ticket 1 day ago, but well, still no reply :D (because it's weekend? :D)

• Do they allow private IRC/proxy?

• gianggiang Veteran

@Windy said: Do they allow private IRC/proxy?

They didn't mention anywhere and there is PPP/TUN/TAP in SolusVM control panel so I bet they allow Proxy :D

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jeffrey said: @CVPS_Chris "Dedicated Resources" - It's just a marketing term, yours could be oversold too. ;)

I wont get into a battle here, but I agree to disagree :)

• @MannDude said: sure there are xen providers out there who do memory ballooning

You do not even need the kernel module in the guest anymore with a few hacks.. works also in KVM.
    With LVM you can also oversell the space, and CPU is oversold anywhere anyway.

Welcome to the oversold world :)

Thanked by 2klikli vedran
  • @William said: Welcome to the oversold world :)

But Edis is still 'providing the best' © ? Or no? -_-

• @Inglar said: But Edis is still 'providing the best' © ? Or no? -_-

Edis is probably the best in RAM for bucks but that comes at a cost :P Their network is rather unstable (at least at the .at location)

• @BBTN

UptimeRobot

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@giang Thanks for posting this, I'm really tempted to get one of these! :)

• Stock almost run out.

• How long does it show pending?
    Yes, I got one of those VPS'es.

@giang @blusmurf
    they mentioned the downtime on the website
    https://www.budgetvm.com/account/announcements.php?id=1

• Got my refund finally.

• Why refund? Which VPS host do you use instead now?

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

So far so good for me.