Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone heard of 36cloud? Are they with China?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone heard of 36cloud? Are they with China?

lifehomelifehome Member
edited February 2015 in Reviews

Just popping up on the Internet and see things. Suddenly this came up and having a "DigitalOcean-like" looking, not only the pages, also the login and control panels.

So anyone heard of'em or even tried services with them?

PS: Currently they're giving away HKD$39 for new customers with their email verified. Weird?

EDIT: Link for them >> http://www.36cloud.com

Thanked by 3rm_ 4n0nx triaqu

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

OMG it's a word-for-word ripoff of the complete DO website, down to the word "extenuating" in

No, we do not offer refunds. If there are extenuating circumstances, please open up a ticket with our support team.

I wonder if they aren't afraid to be sued. And anyways, this doesn't create a good impression of their company.

• 2Mbps vNIC port, rly?

• One difference from DO that stands out"75 Cloud Servers Launched"

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@rm_ said: OMG it's a word-for-word ripoff of the complete DO website...

Actually, there are differences, but it's obvious they copied most of DO, or maybe Vultr, notably:

Low latency locations

As soon as our order is placed, our deployment system takes over and spins up your instance in your desired datacenter - typically within 60 seconds. Need Disaster Recovery? Deploy a snapshot of your instance on different continents!

Sound ridiculous? An unacceptable practice? Not at all! Different mindset. It's a Chinese culture thing. Chinese think nothing of it, simply a shortcut, very good business sense ;) Especially so for an "innovative" new startup. They feel entitled to do this. After all, they changed the background colors and a word here and there, and most importantly added their own logo, so what's your beef? Live and let live, man! ;) Oh, and welcome to Asia ;)

Thanked by 1Chuck
    edited February 2015

themt said: 2Mbps vNIC port, rly?

Where do you get that it's 2 Mbit? I just tested and get 25 Mbit upload to DO SG.
    upd: But yes, download is 2 Mbit. Strange enough, usually it's upload that is limited.

Other things, as the OP said the panel is copied too. While it is nice what they offer (also free $5 on sign-up, you can try them free for a month!), I can't support such practice, basically copy-paste an entire competitor's business including website and control panel design, wording, layout and some of the icons.

The domain and supposedly the whole thing is owned by SunnyVision. Servers are in HK at http://bgp.he.net/AS38478

inetnum:        103.41.132.0 - 103.41.135.255
    netname:        NITL-HK
    descr:          FLAT B 1/F
    descr:          LEE KING INDUSTRIAL BUILDING
    descr:          12 NG FONG STREET, SAN PO KONG KOWLOON

So you can use 103.41.132.1 as a test IP.

• 36cloud = SunnyVision. Avoid at all costs, BW is the most shit you'll ever see in HK.

• rm_ said: word-for-word ripoff

TOS from Linode. :D

• Premium chinese cloud, looks fun.

• Pretty low ping to Mainland China. The server upload is around 20Mbps and download is 2Mbps.

iperf -c mirror.constant.com
    [ 3] 0.0-14.7 sec 37.8 MBytes 21.5 Mbits/sec

iperf -c ping.online.net
    [ 3] 0.0-14.3 sec 38.0 MBytes 22.2 Mbits/sec

IO Test:

dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf iotest
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.15591 s, 174 MB/s

CPU:

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor   : 0
    vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
    cpu family  : 6
    model       : 42
    model name  : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge)
    stepping    : 1
    microcode   : 0x1
    cpu MHz     : 1895.432
    cache size  : 4096 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings    : 1
    core id     : 0
    cpu cores   : 1
    apicid      : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu     : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp      : yes
    flags       : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx hypervisor lahf_lm xsaveopt
    bogomips    : 3790.86
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

Thanked by 1rm_
    edited February 2015

William said: 36cloud = SunnyVision. Avoid at all costs, BW is the most shit you'll ever see in HK.

It is still the best deal in Hong Kong at the moment, especially if the upload not being capped is intentional and not a bug. But even 2 Mbps in/out at USD$5/month for a 512 MB KVM would still be the best deal around. The routes and speeds did not seem to be unusably bad from my limited testing. And don't forget there are no "costs" involved, the free $5 let you not just try, heck, use it for a month.

• Hey, it's China. They need to support their millions of users with old pirated windows XP.

• Great latency connect to china and apac, anyone test in states?

• I just got one. the latency is small. It only has 2Mbps port.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited February 2015

Works just fine, one day testing, stable. Best for their region. 2Mbps not such a problem. I got 3,5 If they add all described locations, DO and Vultr sucks. Are they own similar template? :)

@William Just blame a real competitor in HK region.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2015

fitvpn said: @William Just blame a real competitor in HK region.

Not true; we were colo customer with SunnyVision - They randomly null IPs for supposed DDoS (on 25kPPS), China connectivity is shit (ping is ok, speed is crap, Inbound route does not match outbound), Asia connecitivity is mainly HE (crap) etc. - Test it yourself but don't come complain then when all this happens to you as well.

EDIS also does not compete with anyone in HK; Pricing level is entirely different and unlike with 95%+ of others the port is 100Mbit and not some 2Mbit shaped crap connection.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • Really prefer 2Mbps unmetered than 10-100 with 50-100Gb month :) Traffic amount matters. There nothing to do with port speed on their region.

• considered edis long time ago however china telecom route edis via states and back, while 36cloud gives me direct connection. Port speed doesn't really matter since as soon as you hit those marine cable your speed goes to shit.

• fitvpn said: There nothing to do with port speed on their region.

There is, most of Asia does not work on 95% billing but on flat ports, thats why you often see 10-100 shared or 1-5 dedicated.

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited February 2015

SNIP (Duplicated posting)

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Thanks a lot, I have been looking for an hourly billed free trial (no cc needed) to test some stuff.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • Ticket system is broken.. Interface elements ripped from DO..

• Settings

=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=

• Networking
  • :( I destroyed my VPS and created a new one and now I am unable to connect to it. I even tried it with a new account. None of my servers can establish a connection either. Ping works fine.
    ssh [email protected]
    ssh: connect to host 103.41.134.xxx port 22: Connection timed out

4n0nx said: :( I destroyed my VPS and created a new one and now I am unable to connect to it. I even tried it with a new account. None of my servers can establish a connection either. Ping works fine. ssh [email protected] ssh: connect to host 103.41.134.xxx port 22: Connection timed out

Did you try a different OS?

• rm_ said: Did you try a different OS?

I just reconnected my home Internet (new IP address) and it works. My online.net servers still cannot connect. It must be some IP based ban? Especially since it worked at first on my home connection, then suddenly didn't?

• 4n0nx said: . It must be some IP based ban? Especially since it worked at first on my home connection, then suddenly didn't?

Welcome to SunnyVisions "DDoS protection" which is just a partial nullroute...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2015

There Blog deadpooled: http://36cloud.com/blog/

• where?

Thanked by 3rm_ boernd chauffer
  • I just found this:
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1204218

And then there are the slightly broken website and prices that seem to be random numbers. They really don't seem like a company I would want to give money to.