Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comforthost changed my resource without notification
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comforthost changed my resource without notification

mikimiki Member
edited February 2015 in Reviews

Some time ago here on right side was banner for promo at comforthost for VPS with 4 CPUs..
I took it.
Everything was working fine first 10 days and today I just realized they removed 2 CPUs from my VPS without any notification.

I'm contacting their support about it and hope they will fix it.

But just for others to know what you can expect from this company.

Comments

• Accidents happen, I'm sure they will fix!

• @linuxthefish
    Yes, people steal by accident ;) It happens but they go in jail...that also happens.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • This is against the forum rules, and will be dealt with appropriately. Contact the support team of your hosting company.

• Ah, sorry. I thought this is review for company and good warning for others.
    But if rule is to talk only nice about other business, ok. Lets follow rules.

• @miki said:
    Ah, sorry. I thought this is review for company and good warning for others.
    But if rule is to talk only nice about other business, ok. Lets follow rules.

No, that is incorrect. This is not a review, this is complaining without any actual evidence or correspondence with your host and could very well be a mistake.

Thanked by 2PremiumN hostnoob
  • @0xdragon said:
    No, that is incorrect. This is not a review, this is complaining without any actual evidence or correspondence with your host and could very well be a mistake.

Agreed. Mistakes happen we're only human after all.
    At least gives them a chance to explain what occurs. Perhaps they were adjusting plan settings and selected wrong one by mistake?

• @miki said:
    linuxthefish
    Yes, people steal by accident ;) It happens but they go in jail...that also happens.

Ask them for a free week or hosting or something to compensate for your loss of cores, but let us know what support says!

• Maybe the cores were removed because you were using too much CPU for prolonged time?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

@miki if you add a support ticket response, or lack of I am sure @0xdragon will be content.

Right now your just claiming they have done this.

• Still waiting to get reply at support desk.
    I have try to use live chat at site, but they can't help.

• @0xdragon said:

How is he supposed to proof that his provider removed vps resources? Its not like anyone makes screenshots of the vps package specifications they order before proceeding. Maybe comforthost already updated their site to justify the stolen resources. I'm glad that @miki shared this "incident"? Lets see how the support ticket plays out instead of being one-sided @0xdragon.

• @Mark_R said:
    How is he supposed to proof that his provider removed vps resources? Its not like anyone makes screenshots of the vps package specifications they order before proceeding. Maybe comforthost already updated their site to justify the stolen resources. I'm glad that miki shared this "incident"? Lets see how the support ticket plays out instead of being one-sided 0xdragon.

If he had waited for them to respond, and then they claimed the resources never existed, I'd believe them. How am I supposed to believe a review so unproved that I could make that up myself?

Plus it's not even a review, it's a complaint that should be aimed at the host and seen how they react. Not posted here yet.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2015

@0xdragon said:
    If he had waited for them to respond, and then they claimed the resources never existed, I'd believe them. How am I supposed to believe a review so unproved that I could make that up myself?
    Plus it's not even a review, it's a complaint that should be aimed at the host and seen how they react. Not posted here yet.

I have to agree that it does not qualify as a full review but at the same time i think that your first reaction on this thread isn't helping anyone even if he breaks the rules in this case - what if @miki is actually being legit and vps resources got taken away from him without notice, atleast we got now an indication that this might could happen with comforthost whenever its legit or not, its not something good and should be openly shared.

• @Mark_R said:
    I have to agree that it does not qualify as a full review but at the same time i think that your first reaction on this thread isn't helping anyone even if he breaks the rules in this case - what if @miki is actually being legit and vps resources got taken away from him without notice, atleast we got now an indication that this might could happen with comforthost whenever its legit it or not, its not something good and should be openly shared.

Of course :)

But this is clearly an attack. Calling it a scam and them thieves is already at the top level of allegations, really.

• @0xdragon said:
    But this is clearly an attack. Calling it a scam and them thieves is already at the top level of allegations, really.

Maybe he's upset while writing this thread (I can imagine.)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2015

Mark_R said: Maybe he's upset while writing this thread (I can imagine.)

Being upset isn't an excuse to refer to a host as a scammer. You know as well as I do the connotations of that term, and posting it in a public forum where it can be indexed by google isn't acceptable without something to back it up.

Thanked by 2VikingLayer MCHPhil
  • @Nekki said:
    something to back it up.

Can we get a SS of the support ticket yet @miki?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki said:
    Being upset isn't an excuse to refer to a host as a scammer. You know as well as I do the connotations of that term, and posting it in a public forum where it can be indexed by google isn't acceptable without something to back it up.

I just pointed out why miki might have written the way he did - it does not mean that i agree with how it was done. We cannot trash him over it because he couldn't pick the right words at the time (frustration?) or has a limited understanding of english like me, we can however request if a mod could correct the title of the thread to reflect the situation as it is right now a bit better.

• I have opened support ticket long time ago, and they just replied with how they will check it.

Still waiting….

• About their offer:

It was banner here at this forum on right side that was directly linked to their shopping cart. So, there isn't any page on their site with that deal or any more info about deal.
    I'm sure that on banner they didn't say "4 CPUs for first 10 days, then 2 CPUs after that".

Anyway, I hope it is just human mistake that will be solved soon.

I'm very sorry because I called it scam, but for me scam is when someone don't give you what you paid for.

• I just checked what is written at invoice:

Actually nothing ;)

• miki said: Still waiting….

So, you've not even given them 24 hours before whipping out the 'scammer' defines.

And that ticket title...

FFS

• @miki said:
    I have opened support ticket long time ago, and they just replied with how they will check it.
    Still waiting….

Perhaps I'm missing something but that ticket says they replied within 10 minutes. I'd hardly consider that "opening a ticket a long time ago".

• @Umcookies
    Time you see is how fast they replied to my first email asking what is wrong.
    They replied "we will check it", but after that I didn't get any other info from them.

• LeeLee Veteran

I amended the title to be more reflective of the situation. Appreciate they changed your cores but that does not appear to have affected whatever you are doing with it, so best to wait until they respond.

Don't expect a quick response with that ticket title.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Your ticket title is accusing them of a scam rather than asking a simple question? If I were them I'd probably ask you to take a backup and move along. Life is too short to wake up to that ticket for what I'm assuming is far less than $10.

It's just so hard to be respectful and assume that people are not immediately evil.

• @miki add the full ticket, we don't know what you asked just the title.

• @wych I asked in that ticket the same thing that I told to all you here and that is that I had 4 CPU cores few days ago and today I see there are only two and that I didn't get any email from them about it.

Anyway, I have already lost more time on this then real worth of this product.

All I wanted is to report to this nice community my experience with this company, nothing else.

I really don't care for that server anymore and for all this as any other action about it will be just losing time.

Cheers.

• miki said: All I wanted is to report to this nice community my experience with this company, nothing else.

Post it or we'll just assume you were being a bellend like you were in the ticket title.

• mikimiki Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki

Here it is bro:

Image with IP address removed. S.

This discussion has been closed.