Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a dumb solusvm question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

a dumb solusvm question

Let's say I want to host solusvm on a separate box and connect it to the dedicated server that I would be installing openvz on. On their website it says there's cost per slave. Does that automatically mean that I would be paying $10 a month of solusvm as well?

To calrify,
1. If solusvm AND VPS are placed on the same server its $10 a month
2. If solusvm is placed on a separate server its $10 a month for license and $2.50 for VPS created on the other openvz server

Am I correct?

Comments

• Correct.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Correct.

Thank you.

• to correct.

1. If solusvm is placed on a separate server its $10 a month for license and $2.50 for VPS created on the other openvz server

Is not for VPS created, is license for all the slave server, so you can create many VPS there

• @dedicados said:
    to correct.

1. If solusvm is placed on a separate server its $10 a month for license and $2.50 for VPS created on the other openvz server

Is not for VPS created, is license for all the slave server, so you can create many VPS there

He is talking about the Master Slave Only license which you can install on a VPS outside the node to contact the Slaves.

• @dedicados said:
    to correct.

So to clarify, let's say I have 2 servers. 1 is going to be used for solusvm and other would have openvz installed and would be used to create VPS. What you mean to say here is that it would be $10 for the solusvm server and $2.50 for the openvz server for ALL the VPS that I create or is it per vps $2.50?

• @somerandomguy said:
    So to clarify, let's say I have 2 servers. 1 is going to be used for solusvm and other would have openvz installed and would be used to create VPS. What you mean to say here is that it would be $10 for the solusvm server and $2.50 for the openvz server for ALL the VPS that I create or is it per vps $2.50?

yups 1 for master (the server where you maintain and create vps) 1 per slave(the server where you place vps)

• @somerandomguy said:

They have two Enterprise Licenses (Master)

Enterprise License => You can host the control panel and also create OpenVZ on the same same server.

Enterprise Slave Only license => You can only host the control panel.

If you want to use a VPS for the control panel and have a dedicated server for making VPS, you need the Slave Only license and a Slave license addon to the license.

• They should have really named it "Enterprise Master Only license" instead of "Enterprise Slave Only license".