Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Custom Low End T-Shirts?

Custom Low End T-Shirts?

BrandonBrandon Member
edited August 2012 in General

So I've been looking at getting some custom t-shirts and was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting some made or had any recommendations.

Comments

• @CVPS_Chris might know.. I think he sells human advertising space.. sorry, I mean custom t-shirts :)

VPN.sh - Secure and affordable VPN services

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

i can sell you. but i dont have experience shipping.

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• TazTaz Disabled

@jcaleb how much would that be? Nothing special. Simple black/white t-shirts with logo printed on both side.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

There are many factors... but just for ballpark... $4 per piece.

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• TazTaz Disabled

Does that includes shipping? Any special discount for bulk ordering? Such as 1000 piece and such?

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• For what purpose and what quantity do you need these shirts?

Are these for your customers or just for, like, you?

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited August 2012

I haven't had any experience with international clients. Most customer I sell to, I meet meet up face to face. I may need to research on how to ship. It shouldnt be hard

Yes, for large quantity, we can talk about discounts.

• @jcaleb said: There are many factors... but just for ballpark... $4 per piece.

Where are these made? I got similar pricing for shirts made in Mexico.

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

I'm from Manila, Philippines.

• @MannDude said:

Are these for your customers or just for, like, you?

Sorry but I have no clue what that last bit meant. I only need about 50 of these and they are for clients as freebies.

• @jcaleb said: I'm from Manila, Philippines.

Do you mind telling me the type of material it is made out of, maximum printing size, colour options, etc?

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@Brandon said: Sorry but I have no clue what that last bit meant. I only need about 50 of these and they are for clients as freebies.

But might be cheaper for you if from Mexico, because it's nearer for shipping.

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

@Brandon said: Do you mind telling me the type of material it is made out of, maximum printing size, colour options, etc?

It depends on what you like. But I was thinking of cotton fabric. for printing, just send me design, and I can check.

• @jcaleb said: It depends on what you like. But I was thinking of cotton fabric. for printing, just send me design, and I can check.

Sure is there an e-mail I can contact you at?

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

PM sent. thanks

• @Brandon said: Sorry but I have no clue what that last bit meant. I only need about 50 of these and they are for clients as freebies.

I was just asking if you wanted custom shirts to be made so you can give them to your customers or if you wanted them for you/your employees.

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
  • RandyRandy Disabled

I want also jonathan

• @MannDude said: I was just asking if you wanted custom shirts to be made so you can give them to your customers or if you wanted them for you/your employees.

Ah okay thanks for the clarification.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

We get ours from Zazzle. The quality is mediocre. Do NOT get anything printed on black shirts from them; they always have screenprinting wash on them and look terrible.

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited August 2012

Could home make these, buy crappy shirts from primark (three for a pound), get shirt transfer paper from tesco (£3 for seven sheets), and print on the Low End slogans yourself. Add another £1 for shipping.

• You want to say that there is still something made outside of China? I don't believe it :)

• @rds100 said: You want to say that there is still something made outside of China? I don't believe it :)

Not in Bulgaria. As far as I could see most of the cheap clothes are improted either from Turkey, Bangladesh or something like that. Rarely come from china. Where the medium-priced once from western europe, excluding the sports stocks, which are imported from Asia mainly.

But it is just a matter of time before china dominates that market as well.

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • @Alex_LiquidHost said: As far as I could see most of the cheap clothes are improted either from Turkey, Bangladesh or something like that

In Italy I see often cheap clothes that are coming from different countries than china.

IperWeb & Prometeus, Hosting Provider since 1997. iwStack cloud infrastructure
  • @prometeus said: In Italy I see often cheap clothes that are coming from different countries than china.

That's what I meant too. Not sure if I expressed myself correctly, though. Not so good in English ;)

• Don't know, i have had several contacts with chinese manufacturers - not about clothes but about electronic equipment. However the manufacturers almost always ask me "what label do you want on this" :) So are you sure these clothes that you think are made in the USA or whatever are not actually made in China, and just having a custom label? :)

• @rds100 said: So are you sure these clothes that you think are made in the USA or whatever are not actually made in China, and just having a custom label? :)

For known brand I agree China is the main source (after all most original brands goods are manufactured in China). I'm talking about cheap clothes which are made in Bangladesh, Turkey, India, etc

IperWeb & Prometeus, Hosting Provider since 1997. iwStack cloud infrastructure
  • @rds100 said: Don't know, i have had several contacts with chinese manufacturers - not about clothes but about electronic equipment. However the manufacturers almost always ask me "what label do you want on this" :) So are you sure these clothes that you think are made in the USA or whatever are not actually made in China, and just having a custom label? :)

Had the same experience, but in Turkey 10 years ago. They just asked me what brand did I want my jeans to be :D

• @ninjaHawk he's just getting 1000, so he never has to wash a t-shirt again.

• Screenprint? (if so, 1, 2, 4 colour process?) Thermal transfer? Embroidery? Shirts supplied by you, or purchased via the shop that does the work?

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited August 2012

my printer does screen print. embroidery is also possible.

My mom has a small garments, with 5-8 sewers.

• Yeah screen printing and with 2 colours.

• ZenZen Member

I could help if I could find my USB stick, I have contacts in china for this.. but minimum you can buy is like 100+ otherwise it isn't really worth it for them.

I could buy legitimate 100$+ items for the price the company normally pays.. like 5$/p max. Easy way to make a killing on eBay and other sites.

• @Brandon said: Yeah screen printing and with 2 colours.

If you have a quantity in mind, I can get you a general estimate, if you would like.

• @KnightSwarm_Phillip said: If you have a quantity in mind, I can get you a general estimate, if you would like.

Its stated above, 50.

• Talking about custom tshirts, just ordered myself the following: front: http://i.imgur.com/lQDvr.png back: http://i.imgur.com/NcKvQ.png

I'm going on some local seminars soon, this will be cool.

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Not in Bulgaria. As far as I could see most of the cheap clothes are improted either from Turkey, Bangladesh or something like that. Rarely come from china. Where the medium-priced once from western europe, excluding the sports stocks, which are imported from Asia mainly.

Yeah, same in the UK, I don't know what clothes @liam buys but they must be cheap. :p

我是一个巨魔 (;

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Talking about custom tshirts, just ordered myself the following: front: http://i.imgur.com/lQDvr.png back: http://i.imgur.com/NcKvQ.png

Where'd you order them from?

• Goodness, who'd have thought LowEndTalk would have so many people with connection to LowEndShirts!

Can everyone with all their magical connections PM me some form of an estimate for about 20-30 shirts, basic logo on front, perhaps logo + a small slogan on back, shipped to CA?

"We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
  • One Word, Ugly! Jeesh, You could of had more creativity then that!

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Talking about custom tshirts, just ordered myself the following: front: http://i.imgur.com/lQDvr.png back: http://i.imgur.com/NcKvQ.png

• @Brandon said: Where'd you order them from?

Local site, around 16-17$

@Jacob Yeah, I can honestly admit I do not have any creativity - never had and never will have. It was ordered more by a joke - saw this thread, loged on the website, made it in 5 minutes and ordered it :P

• If someone gets some cool LEB themed one designed I'd buy one.

For $7 (delivered).

Ransom IT | ɹǝpun uʍop sdʌ | vps down under | KVM in Sydney and Adelaide | OpenVZ in Sydney and Melbourne
  • @Alex_LiquidHost said: Local site, around 16-17$

How many shirts did you order? That's now low end :P

• @Brandon said: How many shirts did you order? That's now low end :P

Just 1 for me. I wanna check it out first... I did get a call earlier today that they will dellay it till next week. But I was in no hurry anyway.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Just 1 for me. I wanna check it out first... I did get a call earlier today that they will dellay it till next week. But I was in no hurry anyway.

Oh that's why. Not bad at all considering other companies charge around $25 for 1 custom shirt.

• Check out http://www.queensboro.com/ they do a good job.

Hudson Valley Host - VPS Accounts From $15/YR - Check Us Out at: http://www.hudsonValleyHost.com

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited August 2012

@Oliver said: If someone gets some cool LEB themed one designed I'd buy one. For $7 (delivered).

Earlier this morning, I was thinking of creating some shirts with LEB design and give it away. But we don't have logo yet, right? If someone could create the logo, maybe I could get it rolling. I was thinking of simple LowEndBox and some caption about <= $7.

• I'd chip in for some with the SB logo (ideally polos), if that helps bring the overall cost down.

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

Are you thinking something like this with embroidery logo:

or something like this with print?

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited August 2012

More like:

With a logo where the yellow logo is. The one you posted is too sporty.

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.