Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Online.net Kidechire for Paypal or Bitcoin/Dogecoin/Darkcoin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get Online.net Kidechire for Paypal or Bitcoin/Dogecoin/Darkcoin

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited January 2015 in Offers

Looking to rent-out my last spare one, feel free to PM if you're interested.

Specs as you may already know:

VIA Nano U2250 CPU  
2 GB RAM  
160 GB disk  
1 Gbit network connection

Additionally you get a 100GB FTP backup account, so it's about ~260GB of storage in total (with the server itself).

As for the price I'm looking for 12.8 EUR/quarter in Paypal;
alternatively you can pay in Bitcoin, Dogecoin or Darkcoin, and as a bonus get a small 5% discount.

You will need to have an Online.net account, via the "outsourcing" feature the server will appear there and you'll be able to monitor/reinstall it, or create tickets to Online.net in case of any problems.

Of course you need to respect the Online.net ToS and abuse reports received from them against the rented server will likely result in termination w/no refund.

Comments

• Outsourcing means that you can retrieve the server at any given point in time?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2015

Blanoz said: Outsourcing means that you can retrieve the server at any given point in time?

That's correct, but I do not expect to need it any time soon, and in case I will, I'll give at least one month of advance notice.

Thanked by 1Blanoz
  • Blanoz said: Blanoz

Outsorsing meant temporary rent from owner, but owner still has a full control

edited January 2015

fitvpn said: Outsorsing meant temporary rent from owner, but owner still has a full control

Actually while the outsourcing feature is active, the owner is barred from affecting the actual server in any way: can't reboot or reinstall it, can't edit rDNS, can't even create tickets about to it. All of this is controlled by the new user, so in effect they have practically full control over the server. The only thing the owner can still do, is to watch monitoring graphs and server state (read-only), and can choose to turn off outsourcing (about which the outsourced user is immediately notified).

• How about if someone start spamming, ddos or port scanning etc from your Kidechire? You have a full response for it.

edited January 2015

fitvpn said: How about if someone start spamming, ddos or port scanning etc from your Kidechire? You have a full response for it.

Well since the outsourcing system exists, it will be registered in the Online.net panel and logs that during the time that may have happened, the server was under management by a different Online.net user. It's not like you're simply giving out root password to your own server. This is as close as it gets to "official" support of reselling.

• How are you going to prevent people from, say, installing Windows? Have they changed how this works?

zevus said: How are you going to prevent people from, say, installing Windows?

By asking them not to, besides I believe Online.net provides a refund if you reinstall within 14 days to a different OS.

• @rm_ it's still available?

@ramonwap Kinda, see your PM.