Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Yearly UK OVZ VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Yearly UK OVZ VPS

I need one purely to run an SSH tunnel on port 443 when I'm at work. I SSH into my online.net server at the moment but because it's in France a lot of sites default to French or refuse to work altogether (Tesco clubcard being one of the stranger ones). I don't think online.net give IP addresses geocoded to other countries so I'm looking for the cheapest UK based VPS i can find. Thanks.

Thanked by 1Hassan

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited January 2015

http://www.minivps.co.uk

OpenVZ deals starting from £1.50/mo in their Maidenhead (RapidSwitch) location and £3.00/mo in their Manchester (Melbourne) location.

• :/ Is it just port 443 you have otherwise I would recommend LowEndSpirit.

• He probably requests 443 for specific reasons, LES won't help him with that at all.

• i know a company that only allows ports 80 and 443, so i can understand why.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited January 2015

@nimdy: Do they have ipv6 at your place of work? If yes then you can still use LES. It comes with 5 ipv6 addresses and you can have ssh listen on port 443 on those. Cost is just Eur 3 per year.

• Abdussamad said: Do they have ipv6 at your place of work? If yes then you can still use LES. It comes with 5 ipv6 addresses

All of the IH LES locations have a /112 v6 allocation now.

• Direvps?

OpenVZ 1: £12.00/YEAR - 256MB Dedicated RAM, 3.25GB SSD, 1.618TB BW, Gigabit port, Two IPv6 addresses and 1 IPv4, 2x E5 Cores, 3.25GB FTP backup

• @rawrwriter said:
    Direvps?

OpenVZ 1: £12.00/YEAR - 256MB Dedicated RAM, 3.25GB SSD, 1.618TB BW, Gigabit port, Two IPv6 addresses and 1 IPv4, 2x E5 Cores, 3.25GB FTP backup

http://direvps.com/offer3.php

£7.50/y - 512MB RAM, 128MB Swap, 25GB Disk, 250GB transfer, Two IPv6 addresses and 1 IPv4, CPU capped to 2 x 1600MHz

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited January 2015

kcaj said:

All of the IH LES locations have a /112 v6 allocation now.

65k addresses! You can listen on a different port for each address :)

• Yeah, Slightly cheaper but KVM and much less bandwidth which may be a factor unless OP only wanted OVZ because they are generally lower priced.

• @rawrwriter said:

At the end he just says "so I'm looking for the cheapest UK based VPS i can find. Thanks." So mine was a bit cheaper :P

• Thanks everyone. Got a few options to look at there. I've remembered I still have a WeLoveServers vps I could ask them to move to their UK location, but with some £8 and £12 options here I could move when the WLS service ends at the end of Feb.

Yup unfortunately my work blocks everything but 80 and 443 so I usually have a vps listening on one of these ports for SSH. Don't think we have ipv6 at work else the les service would be more than ideal!

• DireVPS, can't go wrong with sean.

• @nimdy said:
    Thanks everyone. Got a few options to look at there. I've remembered I still have a WeLoveServers vps I could ask them to move to their UK location, but with some £8 and £12 options here I could move when the WLS service ends at the end of Feb.

Yup unfortunately my work blocks everything but 80 and 443 so I usually have a vps listening on one of these ports for SSH. Don't think we have ipv6 at work else the les service would be more than ideal!

When your next in give it a check. IPv6 would work brilliantly

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    When your next in give it a check. IPv6 would work brilliantly

Will do :)

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    £7.50/y - 512MB RAM, 128MB Swap, 25GB Disk, 250GB transfer, Two IPv6 addresses and 1 IPv4, CPU capped to 2 x 1600MHz

It appears to have been de-activated...

• @wych said:
    It appears to have been de-activated...

Looks like all the services on that page have been deactivated :(

• @nimdy said:

Sold out I guess!

• httpzoom.com/ - 8 GBP / year. My VPS works stable as hell since 2 years already.