Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[resolved]Be careful! GoodHosting cheat to get money
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[resolved]Be careful! GoodHosting cheat to get money

triaqutriaqu Member
edited January 2015 in General

GoodHosting cheat to get money
In the AwesomeVPS Deals of LowEndSpirit Forum (http://list.lowendserv.net/),the GoodHosting provide promo code to buy the VPS. I paid them total 10.82 USD from paypal at 2015-Jan-04 to buy the Enterprise Cloud (Nebula) - Ci1 - 256 one year.
But thay are not active my account after paid,so I open the ticket and send emails to declare that I have paid and asking to active my account but there is no response.
Today,I can't login the goodhosting and I found they deleted my account.

So I post out to remind person don't be cheated by goodhost,and suggest LowEndTalk delete their link from the forum.

Comments

• @triaqu said:
    In the AwesomeVPS Deals of LowEndSpirit Forum

Did you wait three days? It is manually provisioned.

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • @0xdragon said:

it about 20 days after,I paid 2015-Jan-04

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

3 differents forum list in the same post. Also contact him, it's not a scammer and he do manual provisionning.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited January 2015

0xdragon said: Did you wait three days? It is manually provisioned.

Well he says he paid on Jan 4, 2015 and today is Jan 22 (or 23 depending on TZ). He says they deleted his account so some action was taken.

I suspect @goodhosting will tell us the rest of the story...though he probably won't need the Yellow Block Of Outrage to do so.

• Did you get your money back?

• Ooo, drama.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    3 differents forum list in the same post. Also contact him, it's not a scammer and he do manual provisionning.

there is nothing response from ticket and paypal.

View case history
    2015-Jan-23 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
    2015-Jan-23 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
    2015-Jan-12 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
    2015-Jan-12 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
    2015-Jan-12 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
    2015-Jan-12 - Buyer: Dispute filed
    2015-Jan-09 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
    2015-Jan-09 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
    2015-Jan-09 - Buyer: Dispute filed
    Back to Resolution Center

• @raindog308 said:

He just edited it to include it :) I saw the original post.

• @raindog308 said:

He's not that active in tickets not sure what that's due too, he apologized for not answering my for a week and have me credit which I didn't ask for.

I'm sure this case will have a good reason as to why it hasn't been provisioned yet.. he's a good guy probably just busy..

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Ho, if you does a paypal dispute, don't expect the help of the provider anymore.

They say more than once on this forum to contact them via email or phone for rapid answer. I'm pretty sure he close your account because of the Paypal dispute.

Will be cool to have the point of view of GoodHosting on that.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @NeoGen said:
    Did you get your money back?

the paypal can't handle it, I've asking my bank to cancle the deal. can't sure could get the money back.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited January 2015

@triaqu said:
    GoodHosting cheat to get money
    In the AwesomeVPS Deals of LowEndSpirit Forum (http://list.lowendserv.net/),the GoodHosting provide promo code to buy the VPS. I paid them total 10.82 USD from paypal at 2015-Jan-04 to buy the Enterprise Cloud (Nebula) - Ci1 - 256 one year.
    But thay are not active my account after paid,so I open the ticket and send emails to declare that I have paid and asking to active my account but there is no response.
    Today,I can't login the goodhosting and I found they deleted my account.

So I post out to remind person don't be cheated by goodhost,and suggest LowEndTalk delete their link from the forum.

1) You can freely submit your offers to list.lowendserv.net , there is nothing wrong here.

2) Please note that all our services have a standard 72 hour deployment window.

3) We also have had a lot of issues over the holidays in regards to CloudFlare banning PayPal's Instant Payment Notification servers; resulting in a lot of invoices not being updated over the last payment cycle, we had to go through and manually update most of our WHMCS with the information from PayPal; and a case is open in regards to what their system was doing incorrectly to cause this.

4) In the case that you closed the "Service Provisioned" ticket, we are not able to track the fact that your deployment was paid for, and that it has not yet been deployed. This is the only place we send your service information after manually provisioning your order, and we delete the copy from our systems after it has been e-Mailed to you as to not save passwords on our system (even though we recommend you change it.)

5) In the case however that your payment does not come through, and your service is shown as unpaid after so long; we will generally delete the entire account as we have had no proof of transaction, and only an incomplete order. Unfortunately, if your IPN response was not sent to our servers after the 20th when we did our last database purge, you could have been removed with these extra accounts.

If you could please PM me the Unique Transaction ID # in PayPal, I can get this sorted out.

@matthewvz said:
    GoodHosting

Thanks for pinging me of this thread!

• @GoodHosting said:
    Thanks for pinging me of this thread!

1) I know you have a standard 72 hour deployment window. so I paid on 2015-1-4 and waiting your deployment , but 3 days later I only received an overdue email at 2015-1-7.

2)I opened several tickets and send 2 emails to sale, declare that I have paid by paypal with the transaction ID but nobody response .I am not close any ticket. All I received your emails are 1 welcome,1Order Confirmation and 3 Invoice Overdue Notice.

3)Because I can't contact to you from ticket and email, I hand to use the paypal dispute at 2015-1-9.
    the dispute comments:
    "2015-01-09 19:12 GMT+08:00 - Buyer: My Order Number:********** had paid the invoice no. **** on 04/01/2015. After 3 days later when I waiting for my account be open I received an email from googhosting remind me to pay the bill.I open a ticket to explain that I had paid from PayPal and also send emails to [email protected] . But until now, I haven't get any response except the third email of billing notice.So I have to contact you from PayPal and wish you can solve my issue as soon as possible."

But there is still nothing response.

4)Because I can't get any message from you , so I had to ask my Bank to cancle the deal today. I'll PM you the Unique Transaction ID in PayPal and wish you comfirm Bank refundment.

• As this is an obvious miscommunication, might I suggest that OP or a Mod change the title of the thread to something more relevant to the actual issue at hand?

• @triaqu said:

Hello,

It's unfortunate that we weren't able to deal with this in another way, but what's already been done has been done. The account in question was deleted as part of our last sweep, and PayPal has already notified us that the funds in relation to this transaction were reversed; so this works as a refund on void service (services not delivered.)

I would like to extend for you for your trouble at least in this matter, $25 worth of account credit, to be delivered to any account you can PM me the E-Mail address associated with. (You can re-register yours without making a purchase from our WHMCS page, from the login page.)

• lol... did you take another one of your famous vacations?

• @JoeMerit said:
    lol... did you take another one of your famous vacations?

Nope, we've been here.

@OP ; please note that replying to automatic mail (such as the invoice E-Mails) generally does not go to a box that anyone can reach, not everyone back routes their noreply@ address to a mailbox for human viewing.

• triaqutriaqu Member
    edited January 2015

@GoodHosting said:

First, thinks your communicate with me.
    I am Chinese and my english is poor,I can't understand what your exact point of refund.
    Because I am not get your services and I want know could you refund to paypal now?

• @triaqu said:
    Because I am not get your services and I want know could you refund to paypal now?

The transaction has already been refunded.

• @triaqu said:
    I am Chinese and my english is poor

Chinese explanation for you.

交易没有成功,Paypal已经取消了交易,钱会退回到你的Paypal账户中;或者如果你是用信用卡支付的话,退回信用卡中。

另外GoodHosting为了补偿你的损失,愿意提供免费的$25到你的账号余额里。只要你在他们主页注册一个账号,然后发给他们,他们会给你补偿。

Clear?

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Quinten
  • NeoGenNeoGen Member
    edited January 2015

@GoodHosting said:

Its so encouraging to see host like you, who has the balls to accept their mistake when they drop the ball. Something you see rarely. Hats off!

@triaqu said:

He is saying that he has refunded you. It may take sometime for money to reflect in your account.

Also, he is giving $25 to you as compensation. This is in form of account credit.

• GoodHosting said: I would like to extend for you for your trouble at least in this matter, $25 worth of account credit, to be delivered to any account you can PM me the E-Mail address associated with.

Nothing better than free stuff , you are a good guy.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • @GoodHosting said:
    The transaction has already been refunded.

Thanks your response I received refund. and thanks your generous of account credit but I lost my confidence of using your VPS.

and thanks
    @matthewvz

• @msg7086 said:
    Clear?

谢谢!
    前面一段说了一大堆不知他要表达什么意思.:)
    本来没有要求退款,只想与他们沟通一下什么原因没开通我的帐号,结果一直没有人回应.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @triaqu said:

╮(╯_╰)╭

• I've seen quiet a few threads related to goodhosting like this now over the past few months. It does seem like they have communication issues and delays in ticket answering.

But then again, you claimed that you gain more sales from threads like this :P

Thanked by 24n0nx GoodHosting
  • Goodbye horses, I'm flying flying flying flying over youuuuu

Also, why do people buy OVH VPS' off a weirdo with a creeper avatar who ignores his clients but comes on LET to play moderator? Get a f-ing Kimsufi box!

• @PremiumN said:
    I've seen quiet a few threads related to goodhosting like this now over the past few months. It does seem like they have communication issues and delays in ticket answering.

Yeah, this one wasn't intended at all; nor was it an issue in our Virtual Private Services, it was an issue in the combination of our security configuration on our domain with CloudFlare, as well as the frequency of Instant Payment Notifications we get from PayPal's servers in quick succession is what caused their service to be autobanned by CloudFlare. We have removed the rule in question, and specifically whitelisted the servers from a list we were given by PayPal's engineering staff in regards to the matter.

Hopefully this issue won't happen again for some time, as we have had this happen for a few hours on some days; but never have we had it go back a few days as it did this time, and never again do we intend for it to do so.

But then again, you claimed that you gain more sales from threads like this :P

Yes, and it's still working.

@GStanley said:
    Goodbye horses, I'm flying flying flying flying over youuuuu

Also, why do people buy OVH VPS' off a weirdo with a creeper avatar who ignores his clients but comes on LET to play moderator? Get a f-ing Kimsufi box!

Uhm, I'm sorry but what?

To quote the rules of LowEndTalk:

General rules

We also have some basic rules (which are mainly common decency) which are listed here for your conveniece. This list is not exclusive.

Respect! We are all human beings, we all make mistakes and we all have different opinions. A failure to be respectfull can result in a temporary ban or, eventually, a permanent one.

Montreal is just one of our locations, and we keep it around for the sake of the DDoS protection that the location provides that many of our other locations simply do not provide, it is great for clients that need this sort of thing, but don't want to use OVH's sub-standard Cloud servers (from what I've heard and seen from benchmarks.)

• GoodHosting said: Uhm, I'm sorry but what?

Well, I guess that proves my point. You take hours to respond to clients who literally pay you their good money, but run in with rules in 12 minutes. Amazing.

It's okay for a temporary ban, and I was trying to be as respectful as possibile calling you a bit off, with avatar that looks creeper. It's not becoming. Sorry.

Much worse is said on a daily basis, no need to call the safety patrol.

I only see people talk about you with OVH, I never knew you hosted elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.