Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any us vps support torrent?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any us vps support torrent?

I need us vps , support download torrent
any suggestion?

Comments

• StacyStacy Member
    edited January 2015

us vps and torrent in the same sentence?

Unfortunately the answer is no unless their legal, and even then many providers have a few rules in place.

If you need a US VPS because it would be much faster for you to transfer your torrents to your local PC, there is a work around. (Use at your own risk).

Buy an off shore VPS and download your torrents there. Buy a USA VPS.

Use rSync or some other sync system to sync the torrents from your offshore VPS to your USA VPS.

And then just download them over FTP.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited January 2015

We allow private and legal torrents (see: btSync and *nix distributions, for example.)

We do not however support what you're asking.

• torrents will hammer io so much right?

• I've used torrents with nearly every provider I've ever used, and never had issues. Most won't even notice. My current seedbox is with CVPS, but I wouldn't recommend them (I got an extremely cheap deall)

• If i remember correctly, VPSDime allows torrent on their storage plans.

• @wolerine said:
    If i remember correctly, VPSDime allows torrent on their storage plans.

So downloading movies and stuff is ok with them,
    Do they ignore the copyright notices?

• @Stacy said:

They allow torrents, and as far as I know they don't spy on their users, so it shouldn't be a problem, BUT if they do get copyright notices I doubt they will stick up for you and will probably tell you to stop or suspend your service.

Although in 10+ years of torrenting I've never had a copyright notice, so I wouldn't worry too much.

• its okay if you use private tracker, and download torrent only one at a time.

• its okay if you use private tracker, and download torrent only one at a time.

• Use GVH.....Bad host but it will allow torrent ... buy two vms ....one offshore and another in US and use sshfs....I am doing it right now...works great for me.....
    PS Currently using GVH + Crissic

• MrXMrX Member

Stacy said: Do they ignore the copyright notices?

I'm sure they are happy to go to jail for your $7 a month.

• @Stacy said:

if you're smart about it they won't get any notices. Same with the IO abuse, if you use reasonable limits and don't destroy the network and disks you'll go unnoticed and be fine.

• Use Ramnode for private trackers. VPSDime require a huge cap in the bandwidth.
    AVOID GVH!!!

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

@Stacy said:

Yes, in my previous experiences. some US DC are allowing Torrent, but the matters is the copyrighted contents. So, US support torrent but don't allow any copyrighted transferred.

NB: I was being warned by HBO for downloading content related to their entities (at that time I was downloading Game of Thrones series ;), but I'm "free" for software related, etc.

• @jcaleb said:
    torrents will hammer io so much right?

Can do, yes.

• Stacy said: Do they ignore the copyright notices?

If it's private-trackers-only and you don't go tweeting and all bollocks from rooftops about it that you are "downloading pirated films on your VPSDime IP <a.y.z.x>" no one will even notice so yeah VPSDime doesn't give two hoots either.

BUT!!! They limit the transfer speeds (upload speed too) so that, for many people - including me, immediately kills the deal because it's not always you actually get to utilize the seedbox speeds and heavy swarms are not formed 24x7 so whenever they are formed you need to have good "upload" speed.

I think they limit it to 50Mbps which is like very poor in seedbox world (but fwiw they are not a seedbox company).

• DevilDevil Member
    edited January 2015

charos said: Use Ramnode for private trackers. VPSDime require a huge cap in the bandwidth. AVOID GVH!!!

Which Ramnode plan allows private trackers? Any catch, limits (other than "pvt trackers only" limit)? Prices - standard plans or custom, if at all? Do they mention anywhere that it's allowed, or it's an unsaid understanding?

Yes, VPSDime is pretty much useless for torrenting, it's actually turns out to be a lot costlier and worse than those pricey standard seedbox companies because of it's usage/bandwidth caps.

Why not GVH? I've heard they are cheap and allow no-questions-asked torrenting?

• I suspect the vast majority of providers on here would not mind as long as you use private trackers and throttle simultaneous torrents(<4) and transfer out to ~50M(5mb/s)

Publicly commenting on allowing torrents would attract all sorts of inconsiderate usage from sociopathic users. (Disk [random] io is usually the most contested resource on typical vps hostnode)

Providers charging a healthier premium margin on their nodes can probably take the hit by spreading users out across nodes.

• how about me disregarding the word vps completely and sending you in the direction of a seedbox?

whatbox.ca

• @Stacy said:
    us vps and torrent in the same sentence?

Unfortunately the answer is no unless their legal, and even then many providers have a few rules in place.

If you need a US VPS because it would be much faster for you to transfer your torrents to your local PC, there is a work around. (Use at your own risk).

Buy an off shore VPS and download your torrents there. Buy a USA VPS.

Use rSync or some other sync system to sync the torrents from your offshore VPS to your USA VPS.

And then just download them over FTP.

Why need USA VPS? Can you just download from off shore VPS to your local PC using FTP? Just need to encrypt them first.