Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Shards Dedicated - waiting for 2 months and nothing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Shards Dedicated - waiting for 2 months and nothing

Cloud Shards is totally useless. I signed up on October 20th for a dedicated server and today is January 20th (Aus) and still no server. I have raised 9 support tickets always asking for updates and the response is the same "We'll update you as soon as we have the machine ready for you." The thing is I don't want to cancel as I was happy with the deal and specs but I am so disappointed with their customer service. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Comments

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@virtenthusiast

Normally Cloud Shards are a decent provider. Is the server you have a special offer that went out of stock or possible a very custom order?

• Three months is an unusually long time to wait for a server to be provisioned... I can certainly understand your disappointment.

In all honesty, you choose to stay with them and wait for so long. You have the choice to cancel and request a comparable server on LET and then providers will bid.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Here are the specs:

• DAL Intel Xeon 2xL5520 24GB
    • Drive 1: 1TB HDD
    • Drive 2: 1TB HDD
    • Centos 6 64bit
    • Premium Bandwidth:10TB Transfer (1 Gbps Uplink) ($10.35AUD)
    • IPv4 Addresses: /28 13 Usable (ARIN Justification Required) $8.53AUD

Total/month including the extra IP's and Premium Bandwidth: $73.92AUD

It was an offer available here on LET/LEB.

• @virtenthusiast - I sent you a PM. L5520's are in stock and this unit can be online tomorrow during business hours.

• Apologize for the issue. Will get someone to attend to your ticket shortly.

• virtenthusiast said: It was an offer available here on LET/LEB.

Had an issue with them a year ago and didn't keep the server more than a month. Took 10 days to get a hard drive in on an upgrade.

• Problems understood and do apologize in any case. We're undergoing some major changes right now and will have some announcements shortly. Improvements are also under way.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    Problems understood and do apologize in any case. We're undergoing some major changes right now and will have some announcements shortly. Improvements are also under way.

You've been bought by?

• netomx said: You've been bought by?

I was in the UK and driving a taxi cough cough.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    I was in the UK and driving a taxi cough cough.

OpenITC?

• netomx said: OpenITC?

I signed an NDA with a company called Query Foundry. Will have more news for you later.

Thanked by 2netomx GIANT_CRAB
  • NomadNomad Member
    edited January 2015

I think he meant Oktay. :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I decided to take up @MarkTurner on his offer and have raised a ticket with Cloudshards to cancel the service.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • @virtenthusiast said:
    I decided to take up MarkTurner on his offer and have raised a ticket with Cloudshards to cancel the service.

I had a server from Delimiter. They offer pretty decent servers. Good choice.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • The headache continues! Delimiter have been awesome as my new dedicated host but Cloudshards is continuing to screw me over. I called up Paypal to file a claim against Cloudshards but they advised that because it's a service, a refund isn't possible. @concerto49, if Cloudshards isn't going to refund my money, then can you tell me exactly when my server will be ready??

Thanked by 2netomx MarkTurner
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@virtenthusiast said:
    The headache continues! Delimiter have been awesome as my new dedicated host but Cloudshards is continuing to screw me over. I called up Paypal to file a claim against Cloudshards but they advised that because it's a service, a refund isn't possible. concerto49, if Cloudshards isn't going to refund my money, then can you tell me exactly when my server will be ready??

I wouldn't hold my breath on a refund or a server. CloudShards/Fliphost/QueryFoundry. I'm just waiting for them to break into little shards (Pun slightly intended).

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @matthewvz, the way I see it is that I paid for a service which I never received. If CS isn't willing to refund due to the limitations of PayPal, then it would be great to receive the 1 month dedicated server. At least that way I'm getting the service what I paid for initially. Really hoping @concerto49 can understand this from the customers point of view

• LeeLee Veteran

I would hope a refund and the server free for a month would be forthcoming given the time you have waited.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
  • hahahaha

• At this point what would you even do with a random server like that?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited February 2015

virtenthusiast said: Really hoping @concerto49 can understand this from the customers point of view

Please stop the false statements. We never said no to a refund or anything like that. If you took it up with Paypal we work with them. Whatever Paypal replied to you (isn't something we know or control). Until that case is closed and we can work with you directly - anything else is not true.

Happy to work with customers but it's a 2 way street. The customer needs to work with us too. Currently it's with Paypal.

matthewvz said: I wouldn't hold my breath on a refund or a server. CloudShards/Fliphost/QueryFoundry. I'm just waiting for them to break into little shards (Pun slightly intended).

Please stop the defamation. Happy to send you a proper notice on the matter.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited February 2015

@concerto49 said:
    Please stop the defamation. Happy to send you a proper notice on the matter.

Is this a legal threat? @W1V_Lee we know what to do with threats around here.

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • @concerto49

1. I opened a request with PayPal to get the money refunded
    2. PayPal advised that CloudShards have 30 days to respond to the claim
    3. On the 30th day, CloudShards responded to PayPal stating that they will not refund the money as it's a service not a good

So my question is, if CloudShards are happy to refund the money but initially weren't able to due to a PayPal limitation, then why did CloudShards advise PayPal that they will not refund the money related to my claim?

• concerto49 said: Please stop the defamation. Happy to send you a proper notice on the matter.

If you're willing to go to all that effort for a small statement which isn't offensive whatsoever, how about you take that 10 minute effort, halve it and refund the god damn OP.. Jesus.

Thanked by 1virtenthusiast
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

concerto49 said: Please stop the defamation. Happy to send you a proper notice on the matter.

You are mad because I, quite bluntly, said the truth. I once thought of being a customer of Cloudshards, I'm glad I didn't sign up.

While you are here, care to clear your US tax status for me? https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?eFNum=205032196193179193053048072159229073088153220157

0xdragon said: Is this a legal threat?

I'd say it is a threat.

• @ATHK said:
    If you're willing to go to all that effort for a small statement which isn't offensive whatsoever, how about you take that 10 minute effort, halve it and refund the god damn OP.. Jesus.

We've been trying to refund and work with him. It went to Paypal so we had to work with them instead. If you're having any problems do let us know.

• @virtenthusiast said:
    concerto49

1. I opened a request with PayPal to get the money refunded
    2. PayPal advised that CloudShards have 30 days to respond to the claim
    3. On the 30th day, CloudShards responded to PayPal stating that they will not refund the money as it's a service not a good

So my question is, if CloudShards are happy to refund the money but initially weren't able to due to a PayPal limitation, then why did CloudShards advise PayPal that they will not refund the money related to my claim?

If you've already contacted support we'll assist you there. Have been trying to work with you all the way. Do apologize if there's been issues.

• @concerto49, I'm OK to work with Paul and Harry via the ticket system