Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Billing service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Billing service

Hi is there any option like blesta, whmcs, but as a service (SaaS) or similar?

Or where can I host one of those billing scripts and dont worry about security (besides my password) and hosting??

thanks.

Comments

• Just look after it. Or get a managed VPS

• So you basically want hosted WHMCS or Blesta that is managed in terms of security and updates? @0xdragon can help you with that. He hosts all kinds of applications on CloudCommando. You will however have to pay for the license.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    So you basically want hosted WHMCS or Blesta that is managed in terms of security and updates? 0xdragon can help you with that. He hosts all kinds of applications on CloudCommando. You will however have to pay for the license.

What about SaaS but for billing system.

• @martip07 said:
    What about SaaS but for billing system.

Would you mind sharing what exactly are you trying to achieve? Maybe I don't fully understand what you need.

• I want a billing system and integrate it with my site and currently I am thinking about:

1. Host script in a server (vps cost + script cost + security - passwd and vps security)

2. Billing as a service - SaaS (worry about money for monthly or annually)

• But what are you selling? Are you selling hosting which you need to provision, suspend, terminate and charge recurring fees for or just a "Checkout" script for goods and services that are not hosting related?

• martip07martip07 Member
    edited January 2015

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    But what are you selling? Are you selling hosting which you need to provision, suspend, terminate and charge recurring fees for or just a "Checkout" script for goods and services that are not hosting related?

My bad, only shared hosting right now and I prefer to active, suspend and terminate manually. Recurring sure but annually and with optional packages (for extra money)

• If you are seriously going to use SAAS for a billing system then ensure that you use a real company. There are many 'players' in this sector but remember the responsibility to keep your client data safe lays with you and most of these players take little to no precaution to keep this data safe. Just consider all the outsourced 'technical' support they hire, they get their friends to help them out etc.

Freshbooks had something a while back, there are some Xero integrations that do it.

• @MarkTurner said:
    If you are seriously going to use SAAS for a billing system then ensure that you use a real company. There are many 'players' in this sector but remember the responsibility to keep your client data safe lays with you and most of these players take little to no precaution to keep this data safe. Just consider all the outsourced 'technical' support they hire, they get their friends to help them out etc.

Freshbooks had something a while back, there are some Xero integrations that do it.

Ya I have to wait like 2 months or less here in my country in order to get my legal license (not sure if it is the word) but I get an ID but currently I am selling without it while I am waiting for it.

• martip07 said: My bad, only shared hosting right now and I prefer to active, suspend and terminate manually. Recurring sure but annually and with optional packages (for extra money)

Then yes, you do need a WHMCS or Blesta (Whatever you choose) hosted solution. You will still need to pay for it's license fee nonetheless, but the service "is" available.

If you prefer to have it hosted on a VPS, this is something we offer. It will be a locked-down VPS and you will only need to login to your WHMCS and configure it.

Basically, the VPS-based solution I can offer you is a fully managed VPS with daily r1soft backups, secured and locked down, and the SSL Certificate is also included. WHMCS alone is $14.00/mo.

That being said, what is your total monthly budget for this?

• Like 30 month more or less

• Clientexec has SaaS billing service: https://www.clientexec.com/pricing.php

• said: Hi is there any option like blesta, whmcs, but as a service (SaaS) or similar?

Or where can I host one of those billing scripts and dont worry about security (besides my password) and hosting??

thanks.

Yes there is!!

BillingServ. We offer it for free with our reseller plans: http://holderhost.com/reseller.html. Or you can find it here: https://www.billingserv.com/signup-now/. If you are considering it, please feel free to contact me and I can probably work out a slight discount for you. We use BillingServ ourselves for a sub-brand.

• martip07 said: Like 30 month more or less

That's a very reasonable budget. If you're interested, I can PM you an offer.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    That's a very reasonable budget. If you're interested, I can PM you an offer.

Sure go ahead and send me your offer in a pm

• martip07 said: Sure go ahead and send me your offer in a pm

Done.

• @mycloud said:
    Clientexec has SaaS billing service: https://www.clientexec.com/pricing.php

It's been coming "soon" since the release of Clientexec 5, they did claim it would be ready within a couple of weeks.... But then again they said that a couple weeks ago as well.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I would not recommend clientexec , however whmcs / blesta is a option to be considered.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

WHMCS with unlimited users, license included, ftp access, bring your own subdomain at $30/mo. PM me, if you want more info.

• jhjh Member

We used to do this and the vast majority of the visitors to our website just wanted to know where they could download it from.

It doesn't work with hosting billing software because hosts tend to have the time and expertise needed to put it under their own roof, so they'd rather be in control. If it's for general billing then something like Xero (I recommend this one), FreshBooks or FreeAgent could work well.

• @jhadley said:
    We used to do this and the vast majority of the visitors to our website just wanted to know where they could download it from.

It doesn't work with hosting billing software because hosts tend to have the time and expertise needed to put it under their own roof, so they'd rather be in control. If it's for general billing then something like Xero (I recommend this one), FreshBooks or FreeAgent could work well.

Hi, what od you mean by they just wanted to know where they could download it from?

• +1 for Xero accounting software.

• @martip07 said:
    Hi, what od you mean by they just wanted to know where they could download it from?

That they would rather host it themselves so just wanted to know where they could download it from - @jhadley had loadingdeck IIRC so they wanted to download a copy rather than use his hosted solution.

I know I wouldn't want someone else to host my customer details and sensitive financial information; maybe that's just me.

Thanked by 1martip07