Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russian VPS Provider Flops.ru
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Russian VPS Provider Flops.ru

duyan13duyan13 Member
edited January 2015 in General

Hello guys,

I am again searching for some more VPS in different locations. So basically I was searching for a KVM Russian VPS which has good latency to Europe. I came across FLOPS.ru a Cloud provider based in Russia. The problem is that I couldn't find any review so I would like to ask some of you guys if anyone had any experience with them.

Comments

• @duyan13 said:
    Hello guys,

I am again searching for some more VPS in different locations. So basically I was searching for a KVM Russian VPS which has good latency to Europe. I came across FLOPS.ru a Cloud provider based in Russia. The problem is that I couldn't find any review so I would like to ask some of you guys if anyone had any experience with them.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about a deadpooling provider. Because to "flop" usually means to go bankrupt.

Thanked by 2tomsfarm Hassan
  • @0xdragon said:

Oh. Lol. No I meant the provider FLOPS.ru ;) Maybe I should change the title of this.

• Geez... for a second I thought that all Russian providers flopped..

• duyan13duyan13 Member
    edited January 2015

Omg lol. I have just noticed that their EULA is in Russian. https://flops.ru/offer.pdf
    The problem is I don't speak russian xD. Google Translator here we go...

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

They are in Moscow so good latency to Europe is going to be difficult. Try someone in Saint Petersburg instead.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@0xdragon said:

Glad I wasn't the only one lol

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited January 2015

Nyr said: They are in Moscow so good latency to Europe is going to be difficult. Try someone in Saint Petersburg instead.

That false information. Moscow based DC has a perfect latency to Europe. They has almost the same speed and ping to various EU locations even to West.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

I have used FLOPS before. They previously had a test period of 2 weeks (x RUB trial credit).

Network was stable and the latency was good to some parts of Asia as well as to Europe through RETN. You can expect quality speeds, constant 100Mbps.

The virtual machine's performance was excellent and the control panel was user friendly. They also accept PayPal payment.

Thanked by 1ValdikSS
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2015

Nyr said: They are in Moscow so good latency to Europe is going to be difficult. Try someone in Saint Petersburg instead.

Flops.ru's DC is storedata.ru, I get 58ms ping to it from Online.net; for comparison VStoike.ru in St.Petersburg gets 46ms ping. I wouldn't go as far as calling a 12ms difference as anything that's "Going To Be Difficult".

And in fact when testing from OVH SBG, the Moscow DC actually pings lower (49ms) than the SPb one (55ms).
    (because the 2nd one goes via Amsterdam, and the 1st one takes a more direct route via Frankfurt)

In short, there's negligible difference between St.Petersburg and Moscow as far as latency to the EU or US is concerned.

• @rm_ said:
    In short, there's negligible difference between St.Petersburg and Moscow as far as latency to the EU or US is concerned.

I think vstoike is located in St.Petersburg but I read somewhere that they have poor network speed althought their network was stable... Is that true ?

• Unfortunate choice of names. Friends don 't let friends pick out names when drunk.
    Phartronics.com analtech.com cabbagesandcondoms.com (restaurant and family planning)

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

jnelson3149 said: Unfortunate choice of names.

How about www.fapvps.com ?

• No doubt part of Wanker Enterprises

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@duyan13 said:
    I think vstoike is located in St.Petersburg but I read somewhere that they have poor network speed althought their network was stable... Is that true ?

Yeah, that has been my experience. But for the price they are nice, TBH.

• Just in case - no free credit for people outside Russian Federation

• I have a box with FirstVDS (Moscow I think) and speeds within Russia are always around 100mbps. As you get further away they drop to like 10mbps in UK/FR/DE/NL

• @jnelson3149 said:
    No doubt part of Wanker Enterprises

How about lowendtalk? ;)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

If you need a Russian VPS then you need to go to Russia.