Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameSilo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameSilo

vpslegendvpslegend Member
edited January 2015 in Reviews

I have been registering domains for well over a decade now with GoDaddy, eNOM, Namecheap(an eNom reseller) & a few others but NameSilo not only has cheap prices but also knowledgeable support that is actually willing to help with free private WHOIS for life & free DNSSEC as well. Domain Defender feature is also very helpful in increasing security & preventing your domains from getting stolen. Their domain management interface is very friendly & easy to use even for newbies. I would recommend NameSilo to anyone not looking for cheap but a good registrar also.

Comments

• Good to know

Thanked by 2vpslegend GM2015
  • @joodle said:
    Good to know

And I thought you had deactivated your account here? :D Anyway good to see you back :)

• Namesilo has beaten out a few of the other registrars I have looked at as far as price goes. Have you seen anyone who is cheaper than them without using promos?

• @CharlesA said:
    Namesilo has beaten out a few of the other registrars I have looked at as far as price goes. Have you seen anyone who is cheaper than them without using promos?

No

• I quite like NameSilo as well.

• I don't like the namesilo control panel. There is too much going on there. Internetbs is priced similarly but has a nicer control panel.

• @Abdussamad said:
    Internetbs is priced similarly but has a nicer control panel.

Has it changed recently? I move away from them to Namesilo because their control panel was horrendous and about as fast as a glacier. I found Namesilo's much better.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited January 2015

Microlinux said:

Has it changed recently? I move away from them to Namesilo because their control panel was horrendous and about as fast as a glacier. I found Namesilo's much better.

I suppose this is subjective. I find internetbs fast and clean. Namesilo's is too busy with all those links in the right sidebar. A dozen different "managers"!

• Worst is that, there is no direct link to custom DNS :(

• @NeoGen said:
    Worst is that, there is no direct link to custom DNS :(

Just click the domain on the list to view the custom DNS and nameserver.

• @spidervenom said:

He he.. I thought it should be like that, however, once you have set and if you then want to edit.. the custom menu is not available.. see:

• @NeoGen said:

You should go to "ADD/EDIT A RESOURCE RECORD" to change it...

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

You need to change the nameservers..? There is a big bold "Change" link.

• @perennate said:
    You need to change the nameservers..? There is a big bold "Change" link.

I want to edit the DNS zone file not the NS.. hope you understand the difference..

Honestly, one of the most lousy panel I have seen. Even resell biz is simple and intuitive..

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

Then hit the Update button next to DNS records, what is so bad about that. By "custom DNS" I assumed you wanted to use your own nameserver.

Thanked by 2NeoGen Dylan
  • me too very happy with Name Silo

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited January 2015

Have been enjoying the service from NameSilo for a while. However, I must say, they really should re-design the panel :)

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • Yea, panel lil' bit lousy, but not bad. You'll get used to it. I find GD's more confusing.

Price, awesome.

Support also fast and helpful.

Thanked by 2netomx mee2
  • @Andri said:
    Yea, panel lil' bit lousy, but not bad. You'll get used to it. I find GD's more confusing.

GD is horrible, I find name to be ok

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

One problem with Namesilo is that their list of supported TLDs is a complete joke, compared to Internet.bs and to most other registrars. So if you need anything beyond the basic com/net/org, you will need to use Namesilo + some other registrar, at which point why even bother with Namesilo in the first place.

Thanked by 2default netomx
  • Internet.bs looks alot like Namesilo (sub-par control panel but good prices and free privacy), but their support has never been good in resolving issues in my experience.

@rm_ said:
    One problem with Namesilo is that their list of supported TLDs is a complete joke, compared to Internet.bs and to most other registrars.

If lack of new TLDs is a concern, they said in their newsletter last week that they will be adding more TLDs during 2015 in an effort to catch up.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Nothing can beat http://resell.biz/ up. If you have More than 5-10 Domains, you must give Resell.Biz a Try ! :D

• NameSilo rocks!

• @rm_ said:
    One problem with Namesilo is that their list of supported TLDs is a complete joke ... sic com/net/org, you will need to use Namesilo + some other registrar, at which point why even bother with Namesilo in the first place.

You use the tool best suited to getting the job done. If you need a hammer, don't use a screwdriver.

• zxsdwzxsdw Member
    edited January 2015

@noisycode said:
    Have been enjoying the service from NameSilo for a while. However, I must say, they really should re-design the panel :)

no no no. I'm from China.I'm very like NameSilo the panel,because my English is not so good.NameSilo the panel is very simple.I can easily operate.So I put a lot of domain names transferred to namesilo. prices and free private WHOIS is very COOL.Another namesilo web pages open speed is relatively fast .godaddy internetbs and namecheap web pages to be loaded for a long time .so i like namesilo,simple and efficient

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Microlinux said: You use the tool best suited to getting the job done.

And what "job" Namesilo does better than Internet.bs? (which has a zillion of TLDs)
    As for issues, I just never had any at Internet.bs so never even had to contact support.

• @rm_ said:

Namesilo has sub-accounts, nice for managing client domains.

As for support, 3 days ago I requested internet.bs to approve a bunch of outgoing transfers. They replied back that they would and yet they're still pending 3 days later. It's easy to be blasé about support when you don't need it :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

I had a good experiences with Internet.bs email support when I needed it (multiple times).

Anyway, with their recent baseless domain suspensions I don't trust them any longer. It's a shame because they are still the cheapest AFNIC registrar.

• So, like i'm understand, NameSilo have good reviews. Am i right?

• @desperand said:
    So, like i'm understand, NameSilo have good reviews. Am i right?

Well understood! :-)

Thanked by 1netomx