Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reversehost goes uphill!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reversehost goes uphill!

Well, this is not so often in the LEB community! Reservehost did go downhill since last summer. They had some good vps offers and stable machines, but after the hiatus of the two partners and Hassan's solo management, you couldn't trust their servers even for a ping test!

SOme weeks ago, hostus and Alexander took over reservehost ownership. I have read some good reviews about hostus, and I decided two days ago to see what is going on with my idle reservehost server. Quite a surprise! my 512MB machine with access to 6vcpu, is very fast, with excellent network (almost 30MB up and 30MB down from US to Greece I live and over 300MB down to nearest server via speedtest.net!)

Minimum load even when managing it via remote desktop (lxde) and extremely good uploads to youtube (for testing).

I hope @AlexanderM will keep the good job!

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for the kind words @jvnadr :)

• And some details about speed:

@jvnadr said:
    And some details about speed:

That's alot on our old network, if you ticket in we can move your VPS to our new faster ATL network.

Alexander

• @AlexanderM Faster than that?

(speed to Greece)

@jvnadr said:
    AlexanderM Faster than that?

(speed to Greece)

Can't guarantee it but should be yeah.

Alexander

• @alexanderm any love for those of us that have had reversehost for some time with an unusable never up vps?

@thedarkfox said:
    alexanderm any love for those of us that have had reversehost for some time with an unusable never up vps?

Please drop us a ticket with your account email ;-)

• Done

• Ok, VPS re-created again, I will test it out this week. A little disappointed that i could not get any type of service credit for the 9 months of unreliable service but I will give it a try.

• jonwestfalljonwestfall Member
    edited January 2015

I'll echo the same sentiment - I had at one time 5 ReverseHosts VPS's that all started going down hill. By the time @AlexanderM and crew took over, I only had one left. It's now running awesome and I'm very happy with it. Wish I could get back a few of the other ones at the prices I had ;)