Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS Review

Just wanted to write a quick review about EDIS, who I have been using since 2011 now in one way or another.

I had a 128MB yearly VRS with them originally for a few years that cost about 17eur/yr without VAT, and another 128MB VRS in Switzerland I had for a few months. I don't have them any more but I very rarely (if ever) had issues with them. For the last 2 years I have been using a 512MB VRS in Sweden (and 3 months in Switzerland) to host a site running IP.Board. This costs 5eur/mo without VAT.

Uptime is great, hardware performance is great, support (the few times I've used it) is really good. Sometimes they have been a little slow to reply to sales/account queries, but I seem to remember this was when a load of their support staff were sick over winter or something. When it comes to (rare) downtime or network issues, it's usually fixed quickly and they reply pretty quickly.

There have been 1 or 2 instances of someone DDoSing the node, but it's usually sorted pretty quickly.

The site I'm hosting is a warez site, and has received 2 copyright infringement notices in the past. Both were sent to EDIS and my WHOIS privacy email. EDIS let me know and said I had to respond within 48 hours. I just deleted the few posts referred to in the email. They never shut down my server or anything.

Testing from Portlane Networks AB (178.73.210.234)...
Hosted by Teknikbyran i Sverige AB (Akersberga) [21.55 km]: 6.146 ms
Testing download speed........................................
Download: 637.05 Mbits/s
Testing upload speed..................................................
Upload: 338.77 Mbits/s
Hosted by Vodafone NL (Utrecht) [1138.94 km]: 61.693 ms
Download: 245.96 Mbits/s
Upload: 53.40 Mbits/s
Hosted by AT&T (New York City, NY) [6319.95 km]: 153.937 ms
Download: 82.30 Mbits/s
Upload: 15.03 Mbits/s
CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5649  @ 2.53GHz
Number of cores : 24
CPU frequency :  2533.620 MHz
Total amount of ram : 512 MB
Total amount of swap : 0 MB
System uptime :   155 days, 12:32,
Download speed from CacheFly: 24.7MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.92MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.06MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.98MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.1MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.89MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.17MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.75MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 1.90MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 3.40MB/s
I/O speed :  286 MB/s

I would recommend EDIS for anything serious (I still take backups of course!) and have no intention to change provider any time soon.

Thanked by 3Lee AlexanderM nocom

Comments

• Their VPS is pretty solid, too bad they pulled out of low end market

• LeeLee Veteran

@zhuanyi said:
    Their VPS is pretty solid, too bad they pulled out of low end market

They are solid, I really like their service but there comes a time when the sensible provider pulls from the LET/LEB market.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited January 2015

Wow .. erm. @W1V_Lee we are in the LET market..

• bf1bf1 Member

edis has been good, only problem I had with them was in Sweden back in 2011, their offers were great.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Maximum_VPS said:
    Wow .. erm. W1V_Lee we are in the LET market..

Indeed, not sure what your point is though.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

They had 40EUR Yearly 256MB Promo at christmas/newyear still LET.

edited January 2015
  • @Maximum_VPS said:
    W1V_Lee

Look above (scroll up and read)

Done explaining, learn and live. We never speak out, on a personal level but, please do your research. For those who wish.

Are you having another breakdown?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki nice ...

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    Nekki nice ...

Thanx sw33t13 ;-x

• Edis is also operating with the label http://waveride.at on for Lowend

edited January 2015

@twiigl and a few others ... dont mind, Nekki shutting us up pretty good. "apparently not welcome here at LET go away kinda issue"

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    twiigl and a few others ... dont mind Nekki shutting us up prity good. #notwelcomeaftermanyyears

Don't think that hashtag will be trending anytime soon.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited January 2015

@Nekki wow.. eh slight rant here in this thread going to back off now fearing repercussions. (didn't mean to derail)

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    Nekki wow.. eh slight rant here in this thread going to back off now fearing repercussions. otherwise continue please on the thread.

Wat? Repercussions?

Wat?

• I have no idea what you guys are talking about ^^^

Anyway I never actually tried Waveride. I haven't had the need for such a high RAM VPS (unless it's extremely cheap on an LE* offer)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • So why is @Maximum_VPS claiming that he is Edis?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    So why is Maximum_VPS claiming that he is Edis?

Maybe his name is Edis and he thinks here is his thread lol

• I got a Waveride from them a few months ago in austria. What I yet know is that the node and the network in austria was not very fast. Also the perrings was in my opinion not that good for the prices. Also the zero support was not very cool so I switched to an german vps from a different provider. But this is months ago maybe they got better and test it by yourself if it fits your needs.

• Edis are in the LEB/LET market. Their 512 vps is below 7$ rule without any promo.

• @hostnoob said:
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about ^^^

No, me neither.

• Infinity580 said: They had 40EUR Yearly 256MB Promo at christmas/newyear still LET.

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. Do you have the link to the offer post?

• What I yet know is that the node and the network in austria was not very fast

(At least when i worked there) The network for Waveride was the same as for EDIS Austria.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

@zhuanyi these 256MB KVM's are still available but not offical, and he enabled the promo also for them after we asked.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/38121/edis-black-friday-deals-week-is-here

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @William weren't you the founder of Edis? Thought so

• No, i only worked there.

• It was in retrospect not the best time of my life there either, for multiple reasons including the general style how the company was run in the latter times, especially how people in sick leave were dealt with.

I made a nice network in Vienna and got a lot of neat locations added however.

• @Infinity580 said:
    zhuanyi these 256MB KVM's are still available but not offical, and he enabled the promo also for them after we asked.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/38121/edis-black-friday-deals-week-is-here

May be I should try to ask them if they can further sweeten the deal by reenable the BF coupon for a bit :) @ExPl0ReR :)

• LeeLee Veteran

@zhuanyi said:

That would be so wrong to even ask. Damn, you did already. :P

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • W1V_Lee said: That would be so wrong to even ask. Damn, you did already. :P

Sorry, can't blame a LowEndB0xeR :)

Thanked by 1Lee