Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS - HPBL460C-2xL5420 $49 Special review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS - HPBL460C-2xL5420 $49 Special review

Hey everyone,

I signed up with DelimiterVPS for one of their dedicated server offerings a few days before christmas. I went for this offer for the advertised 1Gbps uplink and the KVM (My current dedicated host charges big $$ for KVM). When I went through the checkout I noticed that they give you a special $39/month if you pay quarterly, which I chose to do. Very nice! Considering the holiday, I think things were setup 'on time' (3 business days).

Once the server was setup I set out to install Centos 7 on the box. Unfortunately, this proved to be in vain as Centos 7 does not support the HP RAID card in the BL460C that Delimiter was offering. I raised a support ticket and was directed to a sales email address. After a few business days they had set me up with a 5th Generation HP DL160 with comparable specs to the blade. I was surprised and quite pleased- Delimiter was going the extra mile to help me out.

They didn't stop at setting up a different server for me: When I raised a ticket about the ILO KVM freezing after 15minutes they installed Centos 7 on the server for me and let me know when it was ready. This has been so far the best experience I've ever had with a low end server provider in terms of support. Way to go, guys (If you ever see this)!

Performance is pretty darn good, too. When I run this speed test at the bash prompt I get 102MB/sec performance:

wget --output-document=/dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test500.zip

Things seem pretty snappy overall, which shouldn't be too surprising given the 8 Xeon L5420 cores. I'll update this review if anything changes.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx

Comments

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • @i68040 Thanks for the feedback

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Unfortunately my experience has been both good and bad. I won't be renewing :/

• @0xdragon said:
    Unfortunately my experience has been both good and bad. I won't be renewing :/

Care to elaborate? Not saying put them down or anything, just curious about your experience. I was going to order in a month or two and kill off some VMs, but wouldn't mind hearing the other side of the coin every once in a while.

• All i can say is i have no comment.
    Tried multiple times to get a server from them and get knocked back every time. With no explination when i ask just "you failed fraud checks" considering its the same details i use with over 30 companies. -.-

• Seems its better than OVH regarding support they provide.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Pyr02k1 said:

Well all seemed fine until I noticed my filesystem locking up and becoming read only with a lot of errors. I did some diagnostics and sent a heap of information to them and asked them to investigate before I got data loss.

Nope, they kept insisting the onboard RAID controller would prevent errors and it was my OS. One reboot later and the screen simply said "RAID controller error" and the iLO interface reported a failure.

Then once I had reported this they said they'd organise a repair, which after several days still had not happened. Then I contacted Mark and got a replacement node. Honestly this experience has broken my trust and I have no intention of putting my customers through this again.

• Summary Please for;
    Support Department?
    Accounting Department?

• He only has one post. :(

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited January 2015

Yep He joined in late December and only visited once and wrote this review. Wow!

http://i.imgur.com/6jYVfJl.png

• Whether the review is a shill or not, it does mirror my experience with Delimiter. I have been a customer for over a year and haven't had any issues. When they have had outages they are very transparent about them and keep their customers up to date about a resolution. I too had a great experience with their support when I was upgrading to this deal. I will say that I tried one of their Atom servers and was not impressed in the least.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @0xdragon - They did drop the ball on your hardware replacement, they misdiagnosed a disk failure for a module failure. Interestingly when you contacted me, I checked your blade server for any reported failure notices. A disk failure is reported to our blade management system and in this instance no failure was noted, so the assumption was that the disk has not gone into pre or post failure.

The unit was replaced and your NetApp storage moved across to the new unit. But without question it took too long.

Most of the time hardware replacements are done in minutes, either a new server assigned or a DC request to replace the defective part.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @AutoSnipe - if you want to PM me your registered email address then I can try to find out why your order was rejected.

• @i68040 Did they say what OS supports the "HP RAID card in the BL460C "?

• It's a HP Raid solution, so pretty much everything under the sun if you have the right driver. I thought CentOS7 did but since the changes from v6 it appears this is now broken.

ESXi has the driver built in if you use the HP-provided image. If I have any physical servers now, they are all virtualised in some way as it is easier to move the VM's around.

• @hdpixel - the problem is Centos 7, they removed the CCISS driver. You can manually install one but its a hoo-ha. The OP was given a DL160 without RAID controller so that he can address the SATA disk directly.

ESXi is fine so is VMWare, Ubuntu, Centos 6, etc, etc. Its just Centos 7.

• al4tbal4tb Member

i dont care how good they are this is my experience with them
    Do not use Delimiter,i order dedicated deal and it take 5 days before they setup.when i request some change they simply ignore for another 4 days.at the end they lock me out of the account,i then request the refund they ignore me.i request Paypal for a refund,PayPal said i can not get a refund.a week later Delimiter send me a charge back $25 bill.they ripped me off $99 for a 3 months deal and not provide the services they are thief,stay away from them.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@al4tb said:
    i dont care how good they are this is my experience with them
    Do not use Delimiter,i order dedicated deal and it take 5 days before they setup.when i request some change they simply ignore for another 4 days.at the end they lock me out of the account,i then request the refund they ignore me.i request Paypal for a refund,PayPal said i can not get a refund.a week later Delimiter send me a charge back $25 bill.they ripped me off $99 for a 3 months deal and not provide the services they are thief,stay away from them.

Stop spamming, pkease

• al4tbal4tb Member

why is my post spamming,i have to warn people about this.if Delimiter got anything to say,let explain it,i got all the records to prove my case.this thread is about review for delimiter,so i post here is right.

• @al4tb I think you already proved you're point. Patience is a virtue!

• On old thread bumped up with same thing is more than enough.
    @al4tb please don't do this anymore.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.