Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to choose good web hosting companies
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to choose good web hosting companies

interserverMLinterserverML Member
edited January 2015 in General

There are millions of companies on the net who advertise themselves to be the perfect web company, but only few of them are REALLY proficient web hosting companies. In the world of advertising tactics and gimmicks, few good companies get overshadowed by the rest. There is no sure shot way to determine the perfect web hosting company, is it possible to find a good company ?

thanks

Comments

• There is no sure shot way to determine the perfect web hosting company, is it possible to find a good company ?

Start with a smaller package and see how you get on and trust your experiences and other friends/colleagues experiences.

If something is too good to be true it usually is.

• Iniz, Ramnode, BuyVM. There are like 5 to 10 more good ones here.
    Just make sure you have the proper backups and you'll notice in time who the good hosts are.

• you came to the correct place :D
    find the reviews, start with a small price and see how support handles situations/down times/ request.

• Why exactly is this post in the offer section?

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2015

How long has the company been in business? Did they start up less than a year ago, but make silly claims like being the best in the industry and having 100 combined years of experience, even though it's clearly a one-man company?

Do they have a professional (and up-to-date) site? Do they own all of their own hardware? Do they have prices which are clearly unsustainable?

Do the staff seem professional? Do they present themselves in a professional manner on public sites/forums or act like assholes?

The most important thing to know is, do they have anything to lose if the company doesn't work? For example, if I start a company tomorrow, rent a £100 server from OVH, and then sell 100 VPSes for £10/year I'm £900 up, and then I can just close the company down and keep the money, or when the £900 runs out and I can't afford to pay the bills I can just disappear. If I invested a lot of money into the company, own all of the hardware and need the business to work to feed my family, then you know I'm gonna manage every single aspect of it as well as I can.

Of course, that is all for running important sites and having a company you can trust. There are times when you want a shit VPS to play around with, and in those situations you can just look at price. The thing to do in these situations is one you pay the money, assume you've lost it forever. The VPS being up and fairly reliable is just a bonus.

• wychwych Member
    edited January 2015

@chrisp said:
    Why exactly is this post in the offer section?

Its in General? or was moved after you posted...

• HostAxaHostAxa Member
    edited January 2015

Maybe consider the ff:
    Choose the kind of web hosting you need,
    Excellent technical support,
    Reliability,
    Scalability,
    Pricing,