Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R1softstorage.com Alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

R1softstorage.com Alternative?

Hi guys,

Is there any alternative provider to r1softstorage.com with similar/comparable prices ?? They are out of stock and no idea when they will have more availability.

(I am already using BackupSY but getting R1soft from them with backupSY vps goes a lil out of budget)

I just need it for one client VPS at the moment and he is insistent on R1soft. (Hence looking for that kinda price)

Thanks

Comments

• How much space do you need?

• nleibertnleibert Member
    edited December 2014

@Umair said:
    Hi guys,

Is there any alternative provider to r1softstorage.com with similar/comparable prices ?? They are out of stock and no idea when they will have more availability.

(I am already using BackupSY but getting R1soft from them with backupSY vps goes a lil out of budget)

I just need it for one client VPS at the moment and he is insistent on R1soft. (Hence looking for that kinda price)

Thanks

I was looking for the same thing and emailed r1softstorage.com last week about when they might get more stock in and they told me they are no longer providing that product line :(

• nleibert said: I was looking for the same thing and emailed r1softstorage.com last week about when they might get more stock in and they told me they are no longer providing that product line :(

Ouch... That's a shame..

• @rmlhhd said:
    How much space do you need?

100GB would be enough with 1R1soft client.

• @nleibert said:
    I was looking for the same thing and emailed r1softstorage.com last week about when they might get more stock in and they told me they are no longer providing that product line :(

I was just told there is no ETA when they will have it back. They didn't say they no longer going to provide it. In that case, its really sad thing.

• Umair said: 100GB would be enough with 1R1soft client.

And this is to back up 1 VPS, yes? Is your target price $4.00/mo?

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited December 2014

I can offer the same in France although it will be an extra $4 on top of the r1softstorage cost due to license fees.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited December 2014

Could you also tell me what you want to backup? There's better options than R1Soft

• Well as low as it could be without compromising the quality. ($5/$6 possible??)
    With them it was probably the best price for 1 client.

• @rmlhhd said:
    Could you also tell me what you want to backup? There's better options than R1Soft

Ryan,
    The VPS is in US so it be best to have something nearby. (not same DC but around)
    And it is a normal cloud VPS running one WP site.

I already have a storage server with BackupSY and using BackupPC to backup 2 of my own VPS. But this particular client wants to have R1soft. Hence looking ...

(I am a small time WP dev and he is my client)

• I see. So you need a license only?

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    I see. So you need a license only?

No. I was replying to Ryan that I already have an other method but I need to have R1soft for this one server. I am looking for what exactly r1softstorage use to offer.
    100GB Protected space (Raid6 ?) + 1 R1soft client.

• I will even settle for a bit less space. (may be 75GB ?)

• @Zen

Well yeah, those prices are certainly out of my budget.

I am in a fix here. I have like 4 vps. (2 openvz & 2 xen). Since I can not use R1 on Openvz, I went with simple Rsync solution. (Using Backuppc which is fine IMO)

But this one client wants R1soft. (Kinda my mistake but I did plan on using r1softstorage.com)

Have been seeing lot of recommendations for BackupSY around, I didn't thought they will just stop providing it.

• cpremote?

• UmairUmair Member
    edited December 2014

@Chalipa said:
    cpremote?

This particular server is not running any panel.

• UmairUmair Member
    edited December 2014

@Zen

BackupSY is good choice. (If you want to backup multiple VPS, it's even better).

But for one VPS backup, it going a bit out of budget. ($6 for vps + $4 for Ram + $4.95 for R1soft).

Hence looking for a hosted R1soft solution. (I hope they will reconsider and get more servers on r1softstorage.com)

• Hey there, I have NetApp Storage available, can do 75GB + R1Soft Agent Licence for $12/mth.

• If R1softstorage.com is out of picture, who is 2nd best ??
    Who is selling cheapest R1soft licenses??

• jhjh Member

I have 5 R1soft owned licences I want to offload. Happy to rent them out below the usual $5/month.

• @Umair said:
    If R1softstorage.com is out of picture, who is 2nd best ??
    Who is selling cheapest R1soft licenses??

http://r1softlicenses.com/

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited February 2015

https://www.fusioned.net also offer them, contact their sales department & they might be able to provide it within your budget @george_fusioned

Thanked by 1Umair
  • @jhadley said:
    I have 5 R1soft owned licences I want to offload. Happy to rent them out below the usual $5/month.

Owned license?? (Good old days) May be you can just resell these owned license :P

• I got a lil excited when I saw the price on main page.. Turns out, you need to get 20 license to get $5.95 mark.

May be I should go buy a bulk of R1soft licenses directly and offer cheap licenses here :P