Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is best Dedi I can get for $20/month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is best Dedi I can get for $20/month?

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Hi. The title. It will be used as playground.

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Try Delimiter that have quite the options or else this is my offer for $10 extra

E3-1230 v2

32GB ECC RAM

120GB SSD

10TB BW @ 1GBPS

/29 block

@ $30/mo
    [NL]

Thanked by 1XIAOSpider97
  • Can get a Hetzner EX40 from uniwebhosting for <$20 if you ask for unmanaged, but only yearly payment and a company that has pretty much no English reviews.

• Location is an important aspect for this.

If you want a server in the USA, the best you'll find around that price would likely be Delimiter or Datashack. Fairly old hardware and not much in the way of support or specifications.

European providers seem much more interesting in that price range, but I prefer low latency when working with a server! As I'm in the US, European providers don't really do well for me.

• LeeLee Veteran

@4n0nx said:
    Can get a Hetzner EX40 from uniwebhosting for <$20 if you ask for unmanaged, but only yearly payment and a company that has pretty much no English reviews.

No way you will get a Hetzner EX40 for less than $20

• W1V_Lee said: No way you will get a Hetzner EX40 for less than $20

Well l got one lol. It's only a promo though.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Location does not matter for me, since it will be used as playground. I am from Europe.

• LeeLee Veteran

@4n0nx said:

If it's their own hardware then fair enough but if its leased then they are loosing twice that so dont expect it to be sustainable.

• W1V_Lee said: If it's their own hardware then fair enough but if its leased then they are loosing twice that so dont expect it to be sustainable.

Like I said, it's a promo. They aren't going to make much money at that price, but we are on LET where there are promos like that all the time..

• @4n0nx said:

Wait 1-3 months and lets see if it was really that cheap ^^

• NetxonsNetxons Member
    edited December 2014

@BharatB said:
    Try Delimiter that have quite the options or else this is my offer for $10 extra

E3-1230 v2

32GB ECC RAM

120GB SSD

10TB BW @ 1GBPS

/29 block

@ $30/mo
    [NL]

You sure about it? $30 bucks for above configuration?

Thanked by 2sepei linuxthefish
  • In Europe for that budget to play around with, personally I would go for the Dedibox XC from Online Net https://console.online.net/en/order/server at 15.99 euro . Alternatively wait for a KS-3 to become available at Kimsufi http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/ but out of the two suppliers, I personally prefer Online Net (better connectivity and support).

• LeeLee Veteran

4n0nx said: Like I said, it's a promo. They aren't going to make much money at that price

Yup, I saw it was a promo, but my point is they are lossing money, at least $20 per month but probably more and that is before their costs of time and so on.

That is not really a promo, more like stupidity and points to desperation when you are taking a hit of that amount on the base cost.

edited December 2014

@Netxons said:
    You sure about it? $30 bucks for above configuration?

I wouldn't post it if I wasn't sure. xD Its true and only pre-launch sales are this cheap post launch the same will be priced around $60s which do include free whmcs + kernel care

• @BharatB said:

Oh ya if this is the case no problems send me the invoice and I'll pay it right away by Paypal and everybody is witnessed! How long you will takes to deliver this server?

edited December 2014

@Netxons said:
    Oh ya if this is the case no problems send me the invoice and I'll pay it right away by Paypal and everybody is witnessed! How long you will takes to deliver this server?

It will take 72h excluding sat / sun / holidays | If failed to deliver on time full refund + 5$ credit added to your account instantly !

• @BharatB said:
    It will take 72h excluding sat / sun / holidays | If failed to deliver on time full refund + 5$ credit added to your account instantly !

PM me for the details and and I will do the needful.

@Netxons said:
    PM me for the details and and I will do the needful.

Pm sent !

• Netxons said: PM me for the details and and I will do the needful.

Please do the needful.

• W1V_Lee said: Yup, I saw it was a promo, but my point is they are lossing money, at least $20 per month but probably more and that is before their costs of time and so on.

That is not really a promo, more like stupidity and points to desperation when you are taking a hit of that amount on the base cost.

The regular promo is $24 and they assured me that the price is realistic. I mean my $18/yr 2GB RAM VPS is still up, what's wrong with $200/yr 32GB RAM dedi?

• LeeLee Veteran

Hetzner offer very little additional discount on servers even when you bulk up, so an ex40 is $60 at $20 even on a promo that is a loss of over $400 pa. Not saying I know their business model if they have one, but when a provider under sells by that amount it's a case of caveat emptor.

• W1V_Lee said: blahblahblahblah

I can't help you man. I've got my server from a 10 years old company, at a similar price as existing lowend offers.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Location does not matter for me, since it will be used as playground. I am from Europe.

depending about your need if you have CPU intensive app go for higher CPU Dedi in you budget range . but if you need Dedi with full combines like you own network card own HDD.SSD et you will find in lower price you can looks for KS-2c @$12+$12 Installations .

... or you can try digicube.fr Digi ONE @$8-No install fee ..
    I don't recommend them as they ask you to send mail message for cancellation or you will stick with them forever .

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Hetzner offer very little additional discount on servers even when you bulk up, so an ex40 is $60 at $20 even on a promo that is a loss of over $400 pa. Not saying I know their business model if they have one, but when a provider under sells by that amount it's a case of caveat emptor.

I'd like to add that Hetzner charges for basic things, for example getting a /56 IPv6. You need a "Flexipack" (not really "flexi" if you ask me) for 15EUR/month and then pay a 50EUR setup fee.

If I were you I'd go with online.net if you want something EU-based or contact Cloud Shards/@concerto49 for something in Dallas. Otherwise there's WSI and all the Kansas brothers.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2014

4n0nx said: W1V_Lee said: blahblahblahblah

I can't help you man. I've got my server from a 10 years old company, at a similar price as existing lowend offers.

Oh, you're a price kiddy, nothing else matters huh. The price is probably what is making you blind to their background/history, took me minutes to find enough reasons not to touch them.

Enjoy.

/unsub

Thanked by 1challengeke
  • @4n0nx said:

Like Loomhost the GVH Killer. That was also a 4-5 year old company (looked also at timemachine) and still they melked the costumers 2 days later the host was offline. Nothing agains you. I hate myself if this offer is real working but as already said before Hetzner dont really offer discounts.

• W1V_Lee said: Oh, you're a price kiddy, nothing else matters huh. The price is probably what is making you blind to their background/history, took me minutes to find enough reasons not to touch them.

Enjoy.

/unsub

Way to be an ass. You do know that LET and LEB are all about the price right...

@4n0nx @W1V_Lee requesting not to derail the topic please , Thank you.

• just relax, it's still christmas, no need to be rude to each other ;-) I think @FtpIt_Radi is long enough around here to choose for himself, what offer he will go with.

@BharatB didn't you say something like this being your personal account for the future and not wanting to post offers with this anymore? ;-)

Thanked by 3wych TheKiller Pwner

@Falzo said:
    just relax, it's still christmas, no need to be rude to each other ;-) I think FtpIt_Radi is long enough around here to choose for himself, what offer he will go with.

BharatB didn't you say something like this being your personal account for the future and not wanting to post offers with this anymore? ;-)

I said ill be back in business. xD

This discussion has been closed.