Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Create MySQL database cPanel from SSH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Create MySQL database cPanel from SSH

SadySady Member

Hello,

I'm creating a bash script to deploy wordpress with a theme, mysql import, changes in mysql DB like change siteurl, home & password value to website name itself & some random password.

I'm done with all the things & it's working like a charm but got into an issue. Like i have a cPanel username "saad" & i want to create database & database user "saad_wp" All goes good but the issue is that it doesn't show under the cPanel account as i'm creating it through root.

Is it somehow possible to do it in a way that it'll be totally automated & it also shows under cPanel account ?

Will really appreciate your help :)

Thank you !

Comments

• I think the only way would be to add it yourself using an SQL command to the cpanel database, but I may be wrong.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited December 2014

Once you create the database, you must run the cpanel db mapping tool via SSH and then it will show up in cpanel.

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/setupdbmap

Other method is to create the db using cpanel Api calls.

• @bf1 said:
    I think the only way would be to add it yourself using an SQL command to the cpanel database, but I may be wrong.

I'm doing this way, all is going good but it doesn't show in cPanel (GUI), it's a production server so can't mess the things.

• @upfreak said:
    Once you create the database, you must run the cpanel db mapping tool via SSH and then it will show up in cpanel.

> /usr/local/cpanel/bin/setupdbmap
    > 

Other method is to create the db using cpanel Api calls.

Thank you for the explanation, will try that DB mapping tool & let you know.

Do they also offer SSH based API calls ? :o Checked that but couldn't find that & unfortunately i don't have knowledge of JSON/PHP etc.