Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad Down?

They were having issues about a month or so ago and had my server go down for a while around then.

But i just got a complaint from a client saying the server is down again, and seems that it is so. Cannot even access URPad website to get support or anything, nothing on their twitter/fb pages.

Anyone else?

*have no idea how long its been down for, or if its just me.

Comments

• It's down from here too!

• has no A record, it seems..

• 4n0nx said: has no A record, it seems..

Lol.

Well, i want my damn VPS to start working (i dont really mind if their actual website is down). gees, wtf is up? Is there anyone from URPad here willing to give us an update?

• GooNzzGooNzz Member
    edited December 2014

Same here, already down for 1 hour ~_~

edit: mine just came back online o_o

• Router went poof in the DC apparently, they updated their status on Facebook and probably Twitter..

• Just went down again.

• I got this email
    We have resolved the issue mentioned moments ago. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please continue to reach out if you experience any issues in performance, but we believe that this issue has been completely resolved. Thank you for your patience.

• decaydecay Member
    edited December 2014

why dont URPad put info/updates on twitter/fb when downtime occurs?

And, i would suggest hosting your actual website elsewhere, so people can actually contact you if your servers go down. Or atleast have a fallback.

personally, it was a bit of a crappy experience. All my services are down. host website is down (no way to contact). control panels are down (cant see any stats). nothing on FB. nothing on Twitter. nothing on LET. no Emails. no ETA of systems coming up, no knowledge of the problem, no updates anywhere. completely in the dark. all the while not knowing WTF to say to my own clients about their services being down.

• I saw posts on both Twitter and Facebook, you need to look a bit harder.

I also got two emails with outlining the issue.

Again, you need to look harder.

• ATHK said: I saw posts on both Twitter and Facebook, you need to look a bit harder.

I also got two emails with outlining the issue.

Again, you need to look harder.

Woah, really? You trolling me or serious?

https://twitter.com/URPad << i dont see any tweets regarding this.
    https://www.facebook.com/urpadhosting << i see no posts since the 20th.

And just to check, i did a full search for urpad emails on my email account, i did infact have 2 emails yesterday regarding a network issue that happened yesterday (i didnt really notice this). But im referring to the issue on my first post (2 days ago), which there was no emails (besides yesterdays emails, next one was a week ago).

• Not trolling, they definitely had a Facebook post, they must of removed it...

• @ATHK said:
    Not trolling, they definitely had a Facebook post, they must of removed it...

I saw it,too. How unprofessional to remove it..

• @4n0nx said:
    I saw it,too. How unprofessional to remove it..

Probably don't want people to see their screw ups..

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ATHK said: Probably don't want people to see their screw ups..

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but did not mention it because of the people that still think I think as a provider eager to bash other providers.

• @Maounique said:

Eh, you've stated enough times that your words are your own, if people don't understand that... Just brush then off..

UrPad is no longer on LET anyway they've started to focus on WHT more, I haven't seen them post or comment since they were sold, so "bash" anyway.

They're pretty good to be honest except a few things

Support is outsourced, it's hard to get any kind of coherent sentance out of then

WHM is hosted on site, so if any part of the infrastructure goes, it's hard to contact them.

They do have DDOS protection which is pretty good and uptime is fabulous now (since sold).

This was the only incident for me in just over 7-8 months.

• just left them few days ago. their vps sucks after they sold their company. support can't even config iptables properly for openvpn. every time i want to use openvpn i have to support ticket... glad i left

• @ATHK said:
    Probably don't want people to see their screw ups..

I thought URPad was closed.
    About the problems and bad support and respect to the client: nothing new.

Good luck OP.