Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandwagon Host cheap VPS restocked in Netherlands (review)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bandwagon Host cheap VPS restocked in Netherlands (review)

kingpinkingpin Member
edited December 2014 in Providers

Found it out today when I visited Migrate to another DC page in the control panel of one of my servers.

TL;DR: Links below.

Last time you were able to buy under $10 VPS in EU with them was somewhere back in Jan 2014, and now they seem to have restocked their NL offers which is a great news – well, at least for me! (Really, I was waiting for EU restock for a long time.)

Based on my personal experience (1.5 yrs. to date since the first order) with IT7 Networks Inc. (that is what you'll find in the bottom of their site), their services are extremely stable (my older VPS is 206 days up and no major problems so far), cheap (actually the cheapest offers in the low end segment I was able to find around) and easy to use with their home grown feature-rich VPS control panel KiwiVM they give you for free.

They quickly respond to support tickets. Actually I opened only one so far following their great offer back in April 2014 for the existing customers:

If you'd like us to move your VPS over to an SSD-based node, just send us a ticket and we will move you within 24 hours

>

I opened a ticket.

Yes, please!

And Daniel Clay on the other end followed up with me shortly (in less than an hour after I opened the ticket!) and moved my VPS and data to a new ultra fast SSD-based storage right away!

The packet transmission rate is pretty stable with the avg round-trip time of 174 ms from the Far East of Russia where I live to my VPSes in Amsterdam – hey, that's a whole country! – which I think is pretty good.

If my review was useful for you and you eager to give their services a shot, please check out a dozen of great offers at their official website! (Affiliated link, thank you for following it.)

Sincerely yours.

UPD: Grab their cheapest offers here!

Comments

• wow! its spam meant to look like a helpful review!

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited December 2014

Why would you think it's spam? It's a true review of their customer (me). I have two VPS with them, one for personal VPN and one for the community site. I managed to shoehorn Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, deploy a JavaEE web application I developed (JSP, Java Servlets + Tomcat) which uses Oracle for CRUD on a VPS with only 512 MB of RAM and 3.5 Gigs available on SSD after installing Oracle Linux 6 x64. That costs me only $9.99/year. I think it's great offer. Check it out yourself if you don't trust me.

• Not really suprising since their created VPS management tool (KiwiVM) supports migration I think

• its a sales pitch with an affiliate link..

so its not a really credible review because you are trying to make money off of it.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think it is legit, they have good offers and ok reputation. Maybe an affiliate link thrown in, but many people do that.

Thanked by 2Dylan kingpin
  • @Maounique said:
    I think it is legit, they have good offers and ok reputation. Maybe an affiliate link thrown in, but many people do that.

But it's not even a review. "Server is up and no packet loss"

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    1. Cheap offer in EU;
    2. Big uptime (206 days is hard to get with most providers) and 1.5 years of good service;
    3. Special control panel;
    4. Quick reply to tickets;
    5. Stable network.

It might not be a complete review with benchmarks and all, but it does touch many important points people are looking at, in general. TBH, it convinced me to try them, if I have time and the ToS agrees with my needs, I will buy one.

• @Maounique said:
    1. Cheap offer in EU;
    2. Big uptime (206 days is hard to get with most providers) and 1.5 years of good service;
    3. Special control panel;
    4. Quick reply to tickets;
    5. Stable network.

It might not be a complete review with benchmarks and all, but it does touch many important points people are looking at, in general. TBH, it convinced me to try them, if I have time and the ToS agrees with my needs, I will buy one.

Would be interesting to know how "quickly" the support responds. And if they work on weekends. And so many other questions. :/

• Unfortunately their CPU usage policy is quite restrictive imo. I haven't tried bandwagon, but I have tried their sister xvmlabs which has same policy about CPU usage.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@4n0nx said:
    Would be interesting to know how "quickly" the support responds. And if they work on weekends.

Not very quick, but fine enough for the price. Usually, a few hours.

@NanoG6 said:
    Unfortunately their CPU usage policy is quite restrictive imo. I haven't tried bandwagon, but I have tried their sister xvmlabs which has same policy about CPU usage.

For the price, it's pretty reasonable (they explain exactly how much CPU you can use on each plan).