Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$4.10 Free Credit at crazydomains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$4.10 Free Credit at crazydomains

I use crazydomains.com and on the top right side where your name shows it said "free gift" to be honest It could have been there for a while I am not sure, but you fill out a little survey and they give you $4.10 instantly after you fill it out.

Now I have a question, I bought 5 year .info, I plan to renew 5 more years and the cost is $8 (woot savings lol) I want whois protection, is that $7 a year? I really hope not, but if so could I renew 5 years then transfer out?? do I have to wait 60 days to transfer?

Comments

• where and when did you buy this domain?

• @c1bl

Bought it at crazydomains.com for 5 years for $10 on December 9th, I know I have to wait until February to transfer it, but do you know if whois protection is $7 a year or $7 for domain life?

• CMIIW but I think whois protection can not be transferred out.

• @DalComp
    I would not transfer out if it is confirmed to be $7 for the domain life (meaning as long as I keep renewing it I wont have to pay $7)

But if it is $7 a year I will have to transfer out :-/

• @Stevie I never used their whois protection before.

You don't need to wait another 60 days if you renew the domain for another 5 years.

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited December 2014

I believe whois protection is yearly, yes.

Remember that if you renew for 5 more years you won't be able to transfert out until there are 9 years remaining as you can't register a domain for more than 10 years (did read that, didn't test though).

Anyway, I did think that their .info promo was over, thanks for your thread I know see that they started it again, it's a great deal...

• Please screenshot on where you see free gift cause I don't have it on mine :(

• Just for a note for Crazydomains, their renewal price always fluctuate. If you had a chance, wait for 60 days, then transfer it to another registrar with free whois protection.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited December 2014

ben78 said:

Remember that if you renew for 5 more years you won't be able to transfert out until there are 9 years remaining as you can't register a domain for more than 10 years (did read that, didn't test though).

You can transfer out. You just won't get another extra year added on to your domain.

If you register, renew or transfer a domain you have to wait 60 days before you can transfer it to another registrar. That is pretty much the only restriction.

@Stevie: I would renew it for 10 years and 60 days later transfer out to namesilo or internetbs both of which provide free privacy for life.

Thanked by 1ben78
  • @c1bl

Oh ok thanks.

@ben78

Yes I believe it was over too but I saw it recently, also it is $2 a year but I think if you pay for 1 year and then you buy 9 years at 20% discount (since I bought 5 years for $10 but if I extend it is only $8)

@Ruriko

@ErawanArifNugroho
    Alright after 60 days I am transferring the domain - thanks.

@Abdussamad

Thanks so much, I think I will register 4 more years then when 60 days have past I will go with namesilo (but dang transfering a .info cost almost as much as a 5 year at crazydomain hehe. but I rather pay the $9 transfer then $7 A YEAR whois

• aww the free gift isn't available on mine. Maybe it's country specific?

• @Ruriko

Not sure but its possible, send a ticket and ask?

• @Ruriko said:
    aww the free gift isn't available on mine. Maybe it's country specific?

Maybe only for active user who have services/domain with them?

• Crazydomains is a horrible registar.

Not sure if the free credit will actually benefit you, should you wish to hang on to the domain registered.

• sundaymouse said: Crazydomains is a horrible registar.

What's the problem with them? For people who register a domain there, why would it be important to try to transfer out quickly?

Thx :)

• Abdussamad said: You can transfer out. You just won't get another extra year added on to your domain.

Thanks, didn't know that.

So maybe the best way would be to register for 1 year and then renew for 8 years, so a total of 9 years; then transfert to another registrar aftern the 60 days period...

Please let us know @Stevie if you have any problem transfering out...

:)

• Personally haven't had a problem with CrazyDomains, sometimes registering takes a long time but that was before recently. Haven't had a problem transferring out.

Thanked by 1ben78
  • Same here. Transfer out takes 5 days. Only problem with CD is that sometimes they don't register domains automatically, every so often had to wait hours on end until they pushed the order through after some kind of manual verification process.

• Ok, thanks guys.

Does anyone know how come they can get such low pricing for .info?

• I try to purchase a domain today, and asked for address validation and scan of address.

Last time, they want me to send my scanned id. And in the end, it took 7 days to finish the process. So I just register the domain at another place and requested a refund

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Got One. Thanks.

• @ErawanArifNugroho
    When I ordered and Paid I got the domain automatic, only problem was I got a email saying address was wrong so I emailed it back and 1 day later they said "my address is good now and sorry for the late response they are a bit backed up".

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL
    Do you use crazydomains.com? I wonder if only the .com version is doing the free gift.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @ErawanArifNugroho - no luck. I had to ask to get the domain registred after a week, first time I did order. Then it seems like it's automated. My IP was residential & same country/area as the information I gave them though.

Stevie said: I wonder if only the .com version is doing the free gift.

I use the .co.uk version and I can see the link, too.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • I use crazydomains.in and can see the link to the Free Gift, too.

• I use the .au version :(

• @Ruriko

Email them and ask if you can get it since .com, .uk and .in have it and if you can get the free cash gift.

• @Ruriko said:
    I use the .au version :(

I use com.au version and I got one, I bought the domain internetlab |dot| info for two year.

• @ScienceOnline then I guess you have an active domain while I don't

• .com version and no credit. :/

• @Ruriko
    @TheLonely

You must have a active domain or service then I guess