Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

VPSnewb.com -- Perfect domain for VPS tutorial site / blog.

VPSnewb.com -- Perfect domain for VPS tutorial site / blog.

edited July 2012 in Domains

I tried. But this got too off-topic and no one seemed interested.

Registered May 22nd at Internet.bs

Starting bid at $10, increments of $5 per additional bid.

Bidding will end in 48hrs. If not enough interest is shown or the highest bid 'too low' after 48hrs I won't sell (sorry).

I've sold a lot of domains, of which can be seen here: http://manndude.com/#domains Most of the domains I have sold are similar in age (some younger, some older) and have all sold for $50-$150 per domain.

Have at it!

EDIT: Ideally I would like to get -at least- $25 for this domain. Apologies for the confusion

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.

Comments

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member without signature

@MannDude said: If [...] the highest bid 'too low' after 48hrs I won't sell

What the fuck?

• ZenZen Member

Give me it for free so I can make a community based tutorial site? Honestly been waiting to open some sort of tutorial blog for a while. Gimme!

I work for Nodisto.

• JacobJacob Member

$10.

• ZenZen Member

I work for Nodisto.

• edited July 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: What the fuck?

Did you not understand it? If, for example, no one expressed any interest in it and the highest bid (for example) was only $10 then I don't want to sell it. It'd be more worth it to just keep a hold of it in that case or list it at WHT where I can sell it at a set price.

This is the first time I've listed a domain here, so I am just testing the waters.

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

But thats not at all how an auction works. If you don't want to sell under a specific price, just put that price as the starting bid.

• edited July 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: But thats not at all how an auction works. If you don't want to sell under a specific price, just put that price as the starting bid.

All I'm saying is I didn't want to sell it if this got no responses and I had to, by default, sell it to the only bidder. I'm NOT going to get rid of this domain for what I paid for it, because that would defeat the purpose of selling it in the first place. ;)

I'd like to get no less than $25 for it, I just figured if I listed it for $25 that most people would complain it was too expensive. Most the domain threads I've seen on here didn't start out that high.

• Are the god damn domain auction rules in effect yet?

• @AsadHaider said: Are the god damn domain auction rules in effect yet?

Nah. All I could find were drafts and nothing was set in stone.

• DamianDamian Member

@MannDude said: Nah. All I could find were drafts and nothing was set in stone.

So you're going to come to LET and be a dick about it then?

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • @Damian said: So you're going to come to LET and be a dick about it then?

Reading his posts in this thread, seems that way.

• JacobJacob Member

Are you going to sell this domain or not, as I already have plans, if not then I will just grab my own domain as I have rounded up a couple of Ideas.

• @Damian said: So you're going to come to LET and be a dick about it then?

How am I being a dick? There are no set in stone rules for domain posting. I just read a couple other threads and tried to make mine like those.

It doesn't seem bizzare that someone wouldn't want to sell something for less than they thought it was worth, though in hindsight I should of listed the bare minimum I would sell for and since this has been pointed out I have edited my post and made it clear.

Sorry if I offended anyone with this thread, shit.

@Jacob said: Are you going to sell this domain or not, as I already have plans, if not then I will just grab my own domain as I have rounded up a couple of Ideas.

Bidding is still open for another 46 or so hours. I'm wanting to sell the domain, yes. The commotion is because I said I wouldn't sell it if the highest bid was 'too low', and understandably that confused people. So I'm looking to get at-least $25 out of this.

• Guys give the dude a break.. seems like a perfectly reasonable thread to me :S. Ignore 'em man, you've been fine :)

VPN.sh - Secure and affordable VPN services

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Member
    edited July 2012

Rofl... Just like - you go to buy a car, the listed price is 10000$, you check it out and etc. .. Then the owner says that he put a cheap price on it it cause the other cars were chaper and he wont sell it for under 15000$... lol

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • Not sure serious or trolling

vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

• Many auctions have reserve prices. That's kinda what's happening here. How is this a problem?

• DamianDamian Member

@liamwithers said: Many auctions have reserve prices. That's kinda what's happening here. How is this a problem?

I think it was more about the "oh you guys have some rules in progress? fuck that, and fuck you and your rules, i'll just do whatever i'd like" attitude towards the situation.

• @Damian I may be lost somewhere.. but he stated a starting bid, and bidding increments, as well as an end time. What else was the OP supposed to do additionally or differently?

I've not looked at the "drafts" for a while, so I'm a little behind at the moment.. bear with me please :P

• @liamwrithers: Lets put it this way, he comes to a community that focuses on low-end/deal VPSes. We currently have a draft going through which states that maximum price to start a domain auction is 7 dollars and increments of 1 dollar.

It would be nice if @MannDude could please be considerate and follow those regulations even if they haven't been finalized.

Also, if he's testing the waters there's no reason for him to be a dick to people who are trying to tell him that while there are some domains that do go past 10 - 20 dollar range, expecting 25 dollars and/or not following with the entire "I'll make sure you get it" thing is kind of a bs reason. If you want people to even consider investing their money into something or their time, he should atleast make it worth while by GUARANTEEING them that he'll sell it.

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
    Thanked by 1Damian
  • Exactly what Pie said above.

There's been a few domains sold on here that have gone for a few bucks where the seller was expecting a lot more. But they've all followed the draft rules and honoured the sale even if it was considerably below what they wanted.

• ZenZen Member
    edited July 2012

LET is turning into a civilian rebel version of WHT.

WHT Mods == LET users

I work for Nodisto.

• TazTaz Disabled

LET FTW!

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• @Zen I'm a WHT mod?

AWESOME.

• TazTaz Disabled
    edited July 2012

@HalfEatenPie you better die in an old rusty oven!

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• ZenZen Member

I work for Nodisto.

• @NinjaHawk said: you better die in an old rusty oven!

You just have your shorts in a knot because you know I'm the better dressing of the bunch.

• @Damian said: I think it was more about the "oh you guys have some rules in progress? fuck that, and fuck you and your rules, i'll just do whatever i'd like" attitude towards the situation.

These 'rules' are not set in stone, they're just, "Yeah, maybe we should do this. Maybe we should do that." Are you familiar with the definition of a draft? It's not final, they're just "maybe". If LET was going to be so die-hard on setting and enforcing domain posting rules, perhaps they should of created them before the creation of the Domains forum. I don't expect you to agree, that's fine.

I'm not quite sure how I've come off as a dick as I've not been the one name calling, I've explained myself clearly, expressed my concerns and have changed my original post to reflect what I was told after posting it.

• @Zen said: Joined : June 3

If it's worth anything, WHT member since 2004. Though I can tell that no one here is serious about purchasing the domain and I don't wish to give it away, so let's just close this thread or make it be known that the domain is no longer for sale at LET.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

@MannDude said: I'm not quite sure how I've come off as a dick as I've not been the one name calling, I've explained myself clearly, expressed my concerns and have changed my original post to reflect what I was told after posting it.

Your asking price is offensive to the community. You're asking for a minimum of 10 dollars with your expectations for 25 dollars and that's not even a guaranteed purchase. You expect people will run over to you and beg you for the domain for those prices.

This is a community of cheap deals and most of the people here have budgets around 7 dollars. Yes there are people out there with deeper pockets but its just insulting that you want to start at 10 instead of 5 or something lower and THEN build up.

• @MannDude said: If it's worth anything, WHT member since 2004. Though I can tell that no one here is serious about purchasing the domain and I don't wish to give it away, so let's just close this thread or make it be known that the domain is no longer for sale at LET.

Oh so you're now going to play the "screw you guys, I'm going to take my ball and go home" routine?

You know you're going to get some crap like this until you're a bit better known. or unless you're me and @TheHackBox is in an angry mood D:

• @HalfEatenPie said: Your asking price is offensive to the community. You're asking for a minimum of 10 dollars with your expectations for 25 dollars and that's not even a guaranteed purchase. You expect people will run over to you and beg you for the domain for those prices.

This is a community of cheap deals and most of the people here have budgets around 7 dollars. Yes there are people out there with deeper pockets but its just insulting that you want to start at 10 instead of 5 or something lower and THEN build up.

I understand. Apologies for wasting people's time.

• SpiritSpirit Administrator
    edited July 2012

I never opened any domain sale thread at LET however if I would I also wouldn't accept registering price for my "precious" domains as I believe that they are worth more ;-) Selling domains here for 7$ is good mostly for fun. Nothing bad with that however some people actually wants to earn -> something what should not be too hard to understand.

• edited July 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: Oh so you're now going to play the "screw you guys, I'm going to take my ball and go home" routine?

You know you're going to get some crap like this until you're a bit better known. or unless you're me and @TheHackBox is in an angry mood D:

Well yeah, this thread got sidetracked too much. If anyone still wants the domain, feel free to message me privately about it now that you know what I would like for it. But at this point this thread just turned into, "fuck the new guy, he messed up so lets keep telling him that". I don't really see a point in keeping this thread active anymore. Sorry, that's not me being a dick it's just I don't want to waste my time or anyone else's time.

• edited July 2012

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • TazTaz Disabled

@manndude let the past be past, bygone be bygone . Welcome to LET and have fun. You will like this place once you got a hold of this place.

• @HalfEatenPie said: @TheHackBox is in an angry mood

yep.

This signature is brought to you by the NSA. Spying on the entire world since 1952!

• JacobJacob Member

Duuudeee, Wheres my domain!

@MannDude said: I tried. But this got too off-topic and no one seemed interested.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@liam said: I'm sure more bids would have followed if you hadn't of been so ignorant.

Way to sugar coat it :)

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
  • DamianDamian Member

@liam said: I'm being (snip) frank ;-)

I thought you were Liam!?!?!

• ZenZen Member

Well, the last domain I purchased on LET was 100$ from GetKVM. I don't think the LEB pricing rules should apply to domain auctions or sales.

A lot of people here (namely providers) have deep pockets and will pay a high price for something they want - so I don't see a need for limiting the amount of money the OP makes.

I work for Nodisto.

edited July 2012

@Zen said: Well, the last domain I purchased on LET was 100$ from GetKVM. I don't think the LEB pricing rules should apply to domain auctions or sales.

Go here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3726/domains-offers-posting-rules#Item_91

We know it can increase up to that @Zen, but what we're talking about is having it start at LEB prices and THEN go up. You don't start up high. We don't mind if you buy it for 100 dollars, but give someone else an opportunity to get it by starting at a lower level.

If someone really wants it, then they'll get it, but don't start high expecting everyone to flock to it.

• ZenZen Member
    edited July 2012

Well, did he really start that high? 10$ is only 3$ off the proposed draft rule as far as I can tell. His attitude about the reserve price was bitchy but he fixed it quickly - the issue in this thread was the community jumping on him like a wolf pack and tearing him a new one. It shouldn't be like that, you should hop in the thread and tell him the information he needs to know, so that he can fix it, and go back to auctioning the domain - instead we had a bunch of people gang up on him.

First response was "What the fuck?" - What the fuck to you buddy? Get the fuck out if you aren't going to help the guy and say something important.

Second response was a bid - Yay

Third response was "Guys give the dude a break.. seems like a perfectly reasonable thread to me :S. Ignore 'em man, you've been fine :)" - Yay

Fourth response was "So you're going to come to LET and be a dick about it then?" - You're very lucky that everyone decided to hop on your jewels, you don't have any idea how ruined you would be if they didn't. Your mistake with IPXCore was a mistake, no matter who you blame, everything points back to the provider. And yet its fine for you to drop your nice-guy act and come in here calling some obviously uninformed domain auctioneer a dick.

I mean maybe I should make lowendtrash.com and post everyones ridiculously stupid offensive posts. It just seems you all need to put cruise control on your attitudes.

I work for Nodisto.

Thanked by 1NanoG6

@Zen said: His attitude about the reserve price was bitchy but he fixed it quickly

Where exactly did he 'fix' that 'quickly'?

• ZenZen Member

He already documented above that he changed the original topic, unfortunately it was too late.

I work for Nodisto.

edited July 2012

@Zen: the other thing that annoyed people was the statement that "if it wasn't up to the amount of money I want, I'm not going to sell it".

Now, personally if I really wanted it (and was willing to pay 100 of dollars on it) then yeah I would have atleast tried. But its just the attitude that "if I think I can get more money over there instead of here even though I have people putting in effort to get it here, I'm not going to do it and just sell it over there."

Its rude, disrespectful, and just not worth the time and investment to work with someone on it.

(I'm not stating the MannDude was like that, I'm just stating what I was thinking at the time)

@Zen said: 10$ is only 3$ off the proposed draft rule

It would still be nice for domain sellers to follow the draft rules. yes its not set in stone yet but it still states what some (if not most) of the community think. If you don't like it then voice your opinion on it there instead of here. Let this thread sink. If you really want the domain then PM him.

• ZenZen Member

Correct him then, the point is that slapping him on the ass when he doesn't know what he's doing wrong isn't gonna help, now holding a daily witch hunt against every newish member isn't gonna help either.

I work for Nodisto.

• We already talked to him and he's introduced himself on the introduction thread. We're not tearing him apart. relax.

• @Jacob said: Duuudeee, Wheres my domain!

Sorry Jacob, this thread got too derailed and as per my original postings I don't wish to get rid of it for slightly more than I paid for it. I imagined that there would be more bidders and I apologize for wasting your time. If you still want it, I'll happily message you privately if/when I decide to sell it in the future elsewhere.

@liam said: @MannDude Somebody did bid your reserve of $10. It's a shame you're not honouring it, but by the look of your responses I'm not at all surprised.

I'm sure more bids would have followed if you hadn't of been so ignorant.

I stated in my OP that I would not sell it for 'too low', if only one person expressed interest. Here we are 47 posts later, and there has only been 1 bid. I said what I was going to do from the get-go so don't act surprised when I say, "No".

I'm sure more bids would have followed if I didn't get jumped immediately, especially after I explained myself and made it known what exactly I was seeking (as a minimum) for this domain. I was polite and kind. It became clear quick that people were more interested in shit-talking than bidding, so I used that as a sign that I was wasting my time and wasting other people's time as well.

@Zen said: Well, the last domain I purchased on LET was 100$ from GetKVM. I don't think the LEB pricing rules should apply to domain auctions or sales.

A lot of people here (namely providers) have deep pockets and will pay a high price for something they want - so I don't see a need for limiting the amount of money the OP makes.

This is how I felt when coming into this originally. But if the rules are going to state that I must start off lower than what I bought the domain for and have bids increment by only $1, then I'll just take it elsewhere.

@HalfEatenPie said: Go here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3726/domains-offers-posting-rules#Item_91

We know it can increase up to that @Zen, but what we're talking about is having it start at LEB prices and THEN go up. You don't start up high. We don't mind if you buy it for 100 dollars, but give someone else an opportunity to get it by starting at a lower level.

If someone really wants it, then they'll get it, but don't start high expecting everyone to flock to it.

I started at $10, and I had no idea that would be cause for concern. It seemed perfectly reasonable, and this was when taking into consideration -WHO- I was selling it to (LET).

But wouldn't you agree that at this point it'd be pointless to sell within this thread? Maybe I've burnt my bridges, but g'damn.

• @MannDude said: I started at $10, and I had no idea that would be cause for concern. It seemed perfectly reasonable, and this was when taking into consideration -WHO- I was selling it to (LET).

My biggest concern was your $5 increment (and no guarantee that I'd get the domain). I understand you're trying to get the best deal on what you expect but if I put in an offer I'd like to atleast have the guarantee that I'd get it if I won.

Either way its all your decision.