Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% SSD Cloud Servers - $6/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100% SSD Cloud Servers - $6/month

NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

MNX.io offers 100% SSD cloud servers starting at $6/month.

• 100% SSD & Multi-homed Tier 1 network providers
  • Customized sizing - select your CPU cores, disk size, and RAM independently.
  • True cloud hosting with SSD SAN, and HA failover
  • Support techs that knows Linux inside and out
  • KVM based, Hosted in Chicago
  • Internal private network
  • Hourly billing

Check out our looking glass here: http://lg.chi.mnx.io

For a limited time, all new accounts will receive a $10 credit immediately after signup.

Visit http://mnx.io/pricing for additional details.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2014

Not a great first experience.

They want your CC details even to let you use the trial (fine), but they also want you to validate your CC doing an auth and you need to tell them what's the exact amount charged. No problem, except because they use USD and my bank uses EUR.

Too much hassle just to be up and running, requiring all foreign customers to open a ticket for manual validation. Couldn't MaxMind + FraudRecord + CC auth be enough to prevent most fraud?

Clearly, not "all new accounts will receive a $10 credit immediately after signup". I got a valid debit card but I can't do shit. I was genuinely interested in checking you out, but had I known I would have to go trough this much hassle just to start, I would pass.

Oh, and the auth was a whole 5,21 €.

Also: support is externalized to Zendesk, in case you care about that.

Update: account validation and ticket response after that was fast.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

The available customization is very nice: you can pay for multiple CPU cores but very little RAM and SSD space, etc...

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

Thanks for checking us out!

@Nyr said:
    Not a great first experience.
    They want your CC details even to let you use the trial (fine), but they also want you to validate your CC doing an auth and you need to tell them what's the exact amount charged. No problem, except because they use USD and my bank uses EUR.

This is important feedback -- and although we resolved your issue quickly, we can do better.

Too much hassle just to be up and running, requiring all foreign customers to open a ticket for manual validation. Couldn't MaxMind + FraudRecord + CC auth be enough to prevent most fraud?

Clearly, not "all new accounts will receive a $10 credit immediately after signup". I got a valid debit card but I can't do shit. I was genuinely interested in checking you out, but had I known I would have to go trough this much hassle just to start, I would pass.

Oh, and the auth was a whole 5,21 €.

Also: support is externalized to Zendesk, in case you care about that.

Update: account validation and ticket response after that was fast.

• Your pricing page does not mention bandwidth, are all accounts unmetered?

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

@jeffreylroberts said:
    Your pricing page does not mention bandwidth, are all accounts unmetered?

Each virtual server includes 1TB of premium bandwidth. It is displayed on the pricing page -- but may not be as clear as it should be. We will work on that.